Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Disappointing game...

8,462 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But doesn't mean squat concerning next year.

Last yr we won and also won our bowl game.

So there....

Next season, we make another run for the title and in all honest, with our schedule, we will be n the running.

This yr we had no chance.

Mond had a bad night, he will also leave this game behind and prepare for the next one.

Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
Disappointing? Only if you are mentally weak enough to get triggered when there are much more pleasurable things in life.
Eric Forman
AG
Some positions seem to have a bad night pretty often. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.
eATMup-Reveille
I'm the eternal optimist, yet I see no way we have any real shot until the second year after KM is done.
Dr. Alister MacKenzie
Another run? As though this season was a run? If so, Vandy also will take a run at a title in 2020.
BanderaAg956
3 losses
LSU
Alabama
Auburn
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
AggFan41
Its not even fun to watch anymore....Jimbo is locked in old school football
Our Sea
Next year's schedule is so full of cupcakes we'll all get cavities. If we don't win 10 next year fire that fraud.
Turf96
AggFan41 said:

What a dumb comment. We got our ass kicked which was not fun. Balanced football and solid defense are not bad football to watch. Football was never designed to be flag football like the big 12. Good lord I guess you would rather watch that track meet in pads where nobody likes to hit?
cevans_40
AG
Turf96 said:

AggFan41 said:

What a dumb comment. We got our ass kicked which was not fun. Balanced football and solid defense are not bad football to watch. Football was never designed to be flag football like the big 12. Good lord I guess you would rather watch that track meet in pads where nobody likes to hit?

It's what these goobers play in high school and watch their kids play and they have completely forgotten what football is about. They prefer basketball on grass as their attention span is measured is nanoseconds.
LakeSurfinAg08
AG
If Mond is starting next year expect more of the same!
terata
AG
Wear pads where no one likes to hit....just like the Aggie OL.
12gigem12
We should go back to the Big 12
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Sorry, we return almost the exact same team next year. I don't expect us to suddenly figure out how to play football. You can expect us to be a couple games better because of the schedule and experience, but I no longer think this program is capable of doing the things we all expect it to do. Until this program can consecutively improve each season, I'm done getting my hopes up.
TexanJeff
AG
Rendered Fat said:

What gives you that optimism? We just lost by 43 and weren't competitive against Alabama, Auburn and Clemson either? Why do you think we're just going to magically breeze through next year's schedule with this same crop of players?

This is the youngest team Jimbo will ever have for us
This is the worst QB Jimbo will ever have for us
Lots of Redshirts this year planning on playing next year
OLine literally cannot get worse
Corbin and Cupp are back and better than ever
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Shife said:

Disappointing? Only if you are mentally weak enough to get triggered when there are much more pleasurable things in life.
I don't know where you think you are, but this is an Aggie Football forum.
ClassOf17
Personally that game made me feel a lot worse about next year unless Mond miraculously improves.
cheeky
AG
Turf96 said:

AggFan41 said:

Are you either deranged or ignorant?
Oh Doctor!
AG
Mond WILL NOT improve until our OL improves.
Mond has things to fix like quicker decision making but when you're expecting to get pummeled every snap he bails early and now we are in 'breakdown' scramble offense.

He got sacked tonight with a 3 man rush at least once. . That's inexcusable.
gA_CMAB_FA
ClassOf17 said:

Personally that game made me feel a lot worse about next year unless Mond miraculously improves.
Not gonna happen. Mond reached his ceiling last year. Same QB maybe even worse since he thinks so highly of himself and can't see where he needs to improve.

"I'm the best QB in the SEC." Seriously???
Repeat the Line
12gigem12 said:

We should go back to the Big 12

Nah. If for no other reason, it's amusing watching you t-shirt sip and dumpster fire trolls pretending to be disgruntled Aggies. The fact you weirdos try so hard, it's kind of cute in a pathetic way.
TAMUallen
AG
gA_CMAB_FA said:

ClassOf17 said:

Not gonna happen. Mond reached his ceiling last year. Same QB maybe even worse since he thinks so highly of himself and can't see where he needs to improve.

I think Jimbo promoted that extravagant thinking in the hope that it would create confidence. In reality, the deer is still standing in the headlights blinking
AggFan41
Turf96 said:

AggFan41 said:

0 explosive plays man, this offense is too difficult for Mond to figure out and Jimbo isn't helping him by playing to any of his strengths. The biggest play we had was a fake punt. Jimbo is locked in old school football.
45-70Ag
AG
TexanJeff said:

Rendered Fat said:

What gives you that optimism? We just lost by 43 and weren't competitive against Alabama, Auburn and Clemson either? Why do you think we're just going to magically breeze through next year's schedule with this same crop of players?

This is the youngest team Jimbo will ever have for us
This is the worst QB Jimbo will ever have for us
Lots of Redshirts this year planning on playing next year
OLine literally cannot get worse
Corbin and Cupp are back and better than ever

What did Fischer do when jamesis Winston left FSU? What kind of record does he have without Winston?
mrfun83
AG
We're on our way to da Texiss Bowl,
Da Texiss Bowl,
Da Texiss Bowl,
We're on our way to da Texiss Bowl,
Yippee aye kayay!
BanderaAg956
Turf96 said:

AggFan41 said:

96 yards passing
68 yards rushing
Balanced football
Only scored 7 points
GAVE UP 553 yards and 50 points
NOT FUN AT ALL TO WATCH
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
jrwoodchuck
Turf96 said:

AggFan41 said:

Kinda like LSU did to y'all.
DSAG
LakeSurfinAg08 said:

If Mond is starting next year expect more of the same!
If the OL isn't at least decent, it will be the same old caca.
aeon-ag
Ubitag said:

But doesn't mean squat concerning next year.

Last yr we won and also won our bowl game.

So there....

Next season, we make another run for the title and in all honest, with our schedule, we will be n the running.

This yr we had no chance.

Mond had a bad night, he will also leave this game behind and prepare for the next one.

Make up your mind. You begin with next year then you switch to last year, back to next year and end up with this year. BTW-Mond always has a bad game.
JFABNRGR
AG
I think the team as a whole has serious issues. A few are below:
  • How does TAMU not have a dedicated special teams coach?
  • Where is the improvement of time management and time outs over an entire season?
  • Risk/reward management? IE :11 to half 4th down, down 4 scores, and we punt from the 45.
  • The offensive play calling is generally horrendous and I don't believe fits the players that we have especially at QB with the exception of the sideline pass which has a high completion rate but really relies on a failure on the defense to be of any real success.
  • Where is the fire amongst players on and off the field? I only saw it consistently in Anias Smith and one of our safeties who is having to make way too many tackles.
  • Is Jimbo trying to do too much himself?

This said if you asked me at the beginning of the year if we beat anyone in the Big12 it would have been for sure, but now I have no confidence tu, ou, or even bu wouldn't embarrass us worse than LSU.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
TX_Aggie37
AG
TAMUallen said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

ClassOf17 said:

I think Jimbo promoted that extravagant thinking in the hope that it would create confidence. In reality, the deer is still standing in the headlights blinking
Mond has his faults, but this take is tired. That's just his face. He can't change his face.

Bunk Moreland
Ags finished the year with 7 Freshman and Sophomore starters on Defense, and another 6 in the 2 deep.

And oh by the way...some of the brightest stars outside of Buddy were those exact players...Bobby Brown, Leal came on late, Hines had some flashes and more consistency, Leon & Demani made big blunders but big plays as well, Devin Morris showed out at times, etc.

On offense...

Corbin was far and away our best back this year who was lost in game 2.
Cupp was lost pre-season
Demas will be an instant addition
Achane will contribute next year
Wydermyer exploded as the season went on.

You're going to have a much more developed defense with continued improvement in depth and skill position talent is going to be much more electric on offense. The OL has got to improve, and the combination of Jimbo & Mond have got to start games hotter. I hope next year since he'll have closer to an even fight against the top dogs with talent that Jimbo wont' be afraid to come out and start hot or fast and then dial it back.

Every game this year we went into run clock mode from play 1. That's not helping the offense get into a rhythm.
Win At Life
AG
Was this game only 5 days ago? Seems like weeks.
VatoLocoAggie
Chin up, Ags.

Next year will be very special and we all will be a part of history being made.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.