Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

*****Official "Hell yeah, Miles Garrett!"*****

11,748 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tom Hagen
zipp99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
black_hat_ag said:

zipp99 said:

C@LAg said:

Cheetah01 said:

Really? You think Myles Garrett is a thug? Come on man.
Yep. I said as much.
Interestingly, neither of these racists has an Ag tag.

Calling posters racist is a permaban. Just FYI.
Interesting. Posting racist dog whistle drivel should be.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ag4coal said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

C@LAg said:

Cheetah01 said:

Really? You think Myles Garrett is a thug? Come on man.
Yep. I said as much.

I think dirty player is the word. A thug in my mind is someone that gets in trouble with the law off the field which he does not. He just plays with uncontrollable aggression and it gets him into trouble sometimes. He knocked Trevor Siemian out for the season on a late hit and hit Delanie Walker in the face mask out of anger just this season also, he's starting to get that reputation which will only lead to more and longer suspensions
Not surprised to see this being repeated, but it is a joke. Hit Delanie Wlaker in the face mask? Happens a million times a season. That is so incredibly normal. Sure you shouldn't do it, but it happens and isn't a "dirty" move at all. And the simien hit? It's unfortunate, but last year that's not even a penalty. The ball had barely left his hand. It wasn't late at all. The issue was landing with his full weight, which is a very new rule.

I just can't believe how fast people buy into weak narratives.

It's not those incidents individually, but over time you begin to develop a reputation. He has been addressing comments in his press conferences about him being a dirty player and denying that he is for months now. This isn't something new, and now that he is guilty of one of the dirtiest plays ever it's not going away anytime soon
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Swinging a helmet at a (much smaller) guy's head who doesn't have a helmet on is what you want to teach your children to look up to?
GTFO with that bull*****

1. Rudolph is a grown man and professional athlete who knew exactly what he was doing.
2. Being smaller does not give you an excuse to start **** with bigger people just because the bigger person is more likely to get in trouble. Teach your kids that lesson.

*and for the record, Rudolph is taller than MG. You obviously didn't watch any of the video either.
aggiedad7
Ag4coal said:

I'm young. Technically a millenial. And i have 0 issue recognizing that we are complete ******* compared to men 80-100 years ago. Dudes in their teens going to fight someone else's war on completely different continents, hoping they may be able to see home again.

And we act like a dude getting hit after attempting to punk a much bigger, stronger man (and acting like a *****) is news. Rudolph deserved way more than he got. Hell, even 20 years ago we'd be saying he got what he deserved. Now weak men on here are talking about lifetime bans from the NFL. Ridiculous.
My late father was at Leyte and Iwo when he was 18. Was in the sea of Japan when they signed the treaty. And he'd of thought Garrett was completely over the line. He hated violence. Saw way too much of it in the war. If he were alive and he thought it was way over top, you gonna call him a weak man tough guy? What a ******.
Kill Switch
I stopped watching the NFL back when the Oilers left Houston. They haven't given me a reason to start again After watching replays of what happened. These are my thoughts.

1 Garrett got what he deserved.

2. Rudolph deserved at least 3 games himself.

3. Listening to the talking heads sound like a bunch snow flakes made me sick to my stomach. Our country is a bunch of F'in daisies. Did Garrett go to far, yes. Does he deserve to be suspended? Absolutely. But Rudolph also deserves suspension for his part, he walks away and none of this happens. The damn talking heads are a bunch nutless morons. Especially all the NFL guys. I guess it's true, Steroids makes your nuts shrivel.
OrygunAg
AG
imjustsayin said:

I'm not sure a celebration is in order... but definitely don't think we should paint him as absolute villain and mason as the victim.

This video has an excellent take.

I agree with this guy as I think most of us do. ANot all heroes wear capes, but they also dont try to brain someone with a helmet. None of the aggie greats are infallible and myles is no different. He just made a huge mistake in the heat of the moment. There is not one of us that hasnt reacted and done something they regret in the heat of the moment. This was just a grander scale. I hope he recovers from it.
Tom Hagen
AG
Where can I buy a "Free Myles Garrett" t-shirt?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.