Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Myles Garrett

8,787 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieDad74
John Francis Donaghy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc said:

Garrett is done in the NFL. Possible criminal charges. Totally unacceptable and cannot believe he did that.

I hope I'm wrong but I would be shocked if he plays int he NFL again.
Vontaze Burfict has been doing this stuff for almost a decade, and he still hasn't been banned. Fined like crazy, suspended often. But not banned. Garrett isn't going to be banned, and you're a damn fool if you think he is.
Bedmaiston
Made a point to watch the game tonight to see how Myles would do. I was very disappointed by his actions ( not that he cares) it wouldn't bother me if they never let him play again. Loved him when he played for the Maroon and White but tonight was way past uncalled for. I wondered why the fan punched him in the face recently his action tonight might be a clue.
cevans_40
AG
Keep that drivel in the other thread. It's not gonna end his career.
FrontPorchAg
cevans_40 said:

Keep that drivel in the other thread. It's not gonna end his career.

Uh, no. The NFL doesn't end the career's of good players like that. Like it or not.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Post removed:
by user
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
KidDoc said:

Garrett is done in the NFL. Possible criminal charges. Totally unacceptable and cannot believe he did that.

No chance it ends his career bud calm down. As for your first part, should be welcomed. Makes the sport interesting. If we're gonna call football war and call players soldiers, let em go to war as soldiers. QB would only mess with someone MG's size once js
KidDoc
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

KidDoc said:

Vontaze Burfict has been doing this stuff for almost a decade, and he still hasn't been banned. Fined like crazy, suspended often. But not banned. Garrett isn't going to be banned, and you're a damn fool if you think he is.
Burfict for sure is dirty but between the whistle. I don't recall he ever took a helmet and swung it as a weapon at another player as a weapon but I could be wrong.

My problem with this play is that Myles could have literally killed the guy. This is totally no acceptable and I will be shocked if the NFL doesn't crush him.

Maybe it is because I care for too many brain damaged kids at work-- but swinging a club at people's heads is simply not acceptable in most civilizations.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsalaska
AG
So you are taking the over.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
FrontPorchAg
It's not like deflated a football or anything.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
phatbc
Some of you guys are so pathetic. He snapped. It was terrible. He's a good dude and will right the wrong.
Tobias Funke
AG
Good lord, shut up
MarylandAG
Well it will be more than 5 games for sure but he will be back, maybe not this season but he will be back. He should apologize.
Cassius
KidDoc said:

Good grief.
PatAg
AG
Am I the only one that saw Rudolph try to wrench Garrett's head around and rip his helmet off while they were lying on the ground? Of course Garrett responds by ripping Rudolph's off for him. Then the idiot is dumb enough to try to attack him and throw punches around his 2 OL, all 3 other players are still wearing all their gear. So Garrett does the first thing that comes to mind, and tries to hit him with the helmet over the OL.

Seems to me like a play stupid games win stupid prizes situation for the QB, and a 2-3 game suspension for Garrett.
30wedge
ClassOf17 said:

Saw that. Pulled Rudolph's helmet off and hit him in the head with it.

Shocked to see it was Myles...
Me too. Now if someone has said it was Bennett I wouldn't be surprised really.
MarylandAG
2-3 games suspension.....yeah NO! The hammer is gonna come down.
PatAg
AG
MarylandAG said:

I think he should get 2-3, he's gonna get 5-6 probably.
NoahAg
Something something rhymes with "droid cage."
Aggie
AG
PatAg said:

MarylandAG said:

I think he should get 2-3, he's gonna get 5-6 probably.

It is gonna be much more than 5-6 games.
Aggie_Swag18
KidDoc said:

No way that gets criminal charges. He was no the initiator, and at the time he took the swing he was being held/pushed by another Steeler, with Rudolph advancing aggressively towards him. There's no way any conviction would result, so why even bother.

And no, I am not in any way defending Myles, but we need to look at the whole story here not some clickbait 3 second gif.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
suburban cowboy
AG
KidDoc said:

This is hilarious
Spicewood Ag
AG
Yea this guy is definitely a cop
WestGalvestonAggie

With all of the concussion stuff going on with the NFL, a player swinging a helmet and hitting a guy in the head with it is going to pay a BIG price. I'm pretty sure the league will suspend him for the rest of the year. Having said that, Mason Rudolph was no innocent bystander in all of this. He did try to unscrew Myles Garrett's head from his body first. He should have been kicked out of the game too.
MetoliusAg
Rudolph instigated it both times.

An NFL qb shouldn't start a fight with an all-pro NFL DE, because hell yes the DE is going to respond.

Yet this idiot Rudolph did it twice in 7 seconds.

Here's the first time:

Myles responded by ripping off Rudolph's helmet.

Then seconds later Rudolph charged in and grabbed hold of Myles' facemask while a Steeler olineman and Myles were grappling. Myles responded by swinging the helmet at the guy grabbing his facemask, which was Rudolph. It wasn't premeditated on Myles' part, even though he'll get suspended and heavily fined for it. It was an instinctive response.
MetoliusAg
KidDoc said:

KidDoc said:

Burfict for sure is dirty but between the whistle. I don't recall he ever took a helmet and swung it as a weapon at another player as a weapon but I could be wrong.

My problem with this play is that Myles could have literally killed the guy. This is totally no acceptable and I will be shocked if the NFL doesn't crush him.

Maybe it is because I care for too many brain damaged kids at work-- but swinging a club at people's heads is simply not acceptable in most civilizations.
You are clueless.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
"He's a good dude and will right the wrong."

I think Roger will do that for him.
Spicewood Ag
AG
Rudolph is a fairy
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Myles could have literally killed the guy
In your professional experience, how many times have you seen an adult die from being tapped on the top of the skull by a rounded piece of hard plastic?

I've watched my share of Kung Fu movies, so I know all about magic death shots, but the odds are much, much lower than your dramatic posts are making it seem. This is not the first time football players have gotten in a fight, and almost certainly won't be the last.
EKUAg
AG
Antonio Smith got two preseason games plus one regular season game as a suspension for swinging and hitting Richie Incognito with his helmet. For this I can see the rest of the season, a find and counseling. Myles has been getting a reputation as a dirty player this year with personal foul penalties for late or dirty hits. This will top the cake.
oneeyedag
Criminal charges with court being held in the browns hometown? Ain't no one on that jury going to convict...period!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
KidDoc said:

KidDoc said:

Myles could have also been killed or paralyzed. Not only did he get kicked in the head when someone is ripping at your helmet weird things can happen with your neck and brain stem.
jackie childs
whole incident kinda reminded me of this:

AggieDad74
oneeyedag said:

Criminal charges with court being held in the browns hometown? Ain't no one on that jury going to convict...period!

It might well if it's moved by the local DA to another Ohio locale on a change of venue! They'll probably go after the Steeler helmet kickers as well!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.