Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tell me about SMU fans

13,320 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PabloSerna
pokerag2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never had an issue with them from a game perspective. I guess it doesn't hurt I am married to one.

I remember when I was at A&M that was a game we were always worried about. They were good back then.
Stone44
AG
Highly overrated small mediocre university (smu). Lots of old money in HP. My best friend flunked out of A&M his fish year and transferred to smu and graduated in 4 years. He asked his prof why no one fails any classes at smu and the prof said "you don't fail people who can afford the tuition here." I went to a tu/smu football game and remember a sign "my maid went to Texas ". That's the kind of *****s that went to smu.
Muy
AG
One thing is for certain after tonight. They have been relegated back to their position in the pecking order.
Old Sarge
AG
I remember them as somewhat arrogant, prior to their program's DP. I remember some of their faces at a college football party at TAMU when UH was just short of, but could have hung a full on 100 on them in their program's return year. After they had hammered UH prior to that several times. It was sad for them, but fascinating and fun to see.

I'd like to see that on some $whorn faces some day. Bucket List stuff, ya know.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
If you go to a game at at SMU they know how to party and have hot chicks
wbt5845
AG
SMU and TCU always had hot chicks. It's as if hot women are attracted to money - who knew?

Anyway - SMU is still the Texas hot kinda girl while TCU has migrated to the California model look. Both still nice. And I understand this place had rules.

Joe Schillaci 48
AG
One of the best signs I have ever seen was at a SMU-sip game in Dallas.

It said:

"Our maids went to Texas"

We can't take another four years of this-Tim Walz Caniddate for VP of the United States of America
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
They love their team, but when they lose, they don't lose too much sleep over it in the ride home on their private jet.
jrdaustin
AG
My sister went to SMU, and I have a number of friends from my class that went there as well. As such I went to a number of games w/ A&M in the Cotton Bowl as well as the SMU/TCU "Probation Bowl".

The thing that struck me about their fans was that they treated the game as a mixer-style social event, with the occasional glance at the action on the field. A large number of their "fans" would actually spend a good portion of the game with their backs to the field, talking to someone in the rows above them.

The beer busses from campus to Texas Stadium were fun, though.
Muy
AG
pepe the dog said:

One of the best signs I have ever seen was at a SMU-sip game in Dallas.

It said:

"Our maids went to Texas"

Was it SMU or HP (think maybe HP) who got bad press for the sign that read "Class beats Trash" against an opponent. Didn't set well with the other fan base.
Burrus86
AG
As Bowley and Wilson used to sing, "you ain't ever gonna get your wish, with an SMU sorority beech."
Lateralus Ag
AG
wbt5845 said:

SMU and TCU always had hot chicks. It's as if hot women are attracted to money - who knew?

Anyway - SMU is still the Texas hot kinda girl while TCU has migrated to the California model look. Both still nice. And I understand this place had rules.

We need more people that follow the damn rules.
95_Aggie
AG
Peruna is the reason there's a rule against bands playing during actual plays.

It will haunt your dreams ...
agwin12
AG
Their cheerleaders learned to stay off Kyle Field.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
gooberhead
AG
I have a personally autographed Bowley and Wilson album cover! Says "Hope the infection clears up soon! Love, Bowley and Wilson" !
TexasAggie81
Coke, coke and more coke.
halfastros81
AG
Do you know many SMU students it takes to fix a flat tire?
AirlineAg97
AG
Both of my parents are SMU alums, and my dad played for the football team from '89-92. The first group back from the death penalty. They raised me as a die hard SMU fan, and I still am even now a senior at A&M. I love how they are having a great season, the team/fans/school deserve it. Their fans can be pompous but all in all its a great fanbase. They just want the team to bounce back and gain respect. It makes SMU fans sick hearing about the Death Penalty all the time when the whole country knows there shouldn't even be a program at Baylor and Penn State... GO MUSTANGS!
Muy
AG
WeatherAg97 said:

Both of my parents are SMU alums, and my dad played for the football team from '89-92. The first group back from the death penalty. They raised me as a die hard SMU fan, and I still am even now a senior at A&M. I love how they are having a great season, the team/fans/school deserve it. Their fans can be pompous but all in all its a great fanbase. They just want the team to bounce back and gain respect. It makes SMU fans sick hearing about the Death Penalty all the time when the whole country knows there shouldn't even be a program at Baylor and Penn State... GO MUSTANGS!

Good Bull.
chipotle
Smoo fans :

St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Just another team we won't play but once or twice every 20 years...from two conferences ago...we occupy different universes...
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
ashley
It a good thing we never cheated in the eighties.
SolidRockAg
My grandfather played football with Doak Walker back in the day, said he as a freshman was a ridiculous talent and made it look easy. Wish I recorded all his stories!
All my uncles went to A&M, my grandfather was a die hard Aggie because of that. That being said I don't think he was your typical schmuu fan but if he was they would be the friendliest fan base in the world. Why do grandpas have to die?
aeon-ag
FAT SEXY said:

I know a lot of older Ags aren't fond of certain fanbases from old SWC schools..

That said, what's the general consensus on here for Mustang alums?
I never felt anything for or against SMU. To me they were just a bunch of wormy rich kids that got on the band wagon when SMU was winning. They had that prissy little band which their claim to being great was changing blazers during the ball game. '70
TopoTacos
AG
Their fans definitely have strong Greek life look, and I realized when I took a prospective student visit there that I probably wasn't a socioeconomic fit, as I just rent my boats and fly economy...

But the campus is really nice and I haven't had any horrible experiences with any Mustang grads, personally. I also really like Sonny Dykes and they are playing really entertaining football.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
They don't have time for you.
Agsncws
AG
Aint no big deal. Everybody knows somebody who has cocaine.
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Those Dickerson and James teams in the early 80s were so much fun to watch. Mustang Mania was the result of the best talent money could buy.
PooDoo
AG
Better than Baylor.
PabloSerna
AG
They would dominate the Hotties Thread.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.