Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo rebuilding a program?

10,708 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beerad12man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LEJ said:

Bumping bc I get pleasure from watching OP get his head caved in... not as much pleasure as I'd get from a Romanian hooker, but that's neither here nor there.

POTD
OrygunAg
AG
I'm not overly concerned about Jimbo at this point and it wouldn't matter if I was. Whether you like it or not we have him for a good while.
AgAtAllTimes
AG
Ganging up to make a weak point. Plus still bagging on Mond who is the one player who can single handedly keep us in the game against Luke. And make no mistake, this coming game is Jimbo vs Luke. The reason your point is weak is that the results could leave you nowhere to hide.

Ask this,"Is it even fathomable that we get blown out by Ole Miss?"......Careful there grasshoppers! (Not an insult, just a Kung Fu reference)
DallasAg 94
AgAtAllTimes said:

In May the NCAA released its Academic Progress Report FSU was dead last with a score of 922.....At below 930 FSU faced loss of scholarships and coaching suspensions. But Coburn was able to finagle FSUs score to 936 by using a four year average.
You realize on May 8, 2019, the NCAA posted the following:
Quote:

To compete in the 2019-20 postseason, teams must achieve a 930 four-year APR. NCAA members chose the 930 standard because that score predicts, on average, a 50 percent graduation rate for a given team. Additionally, teams must earn at least a 930 four-year APR to avoid penalties.
Coburn didn't do squat. It was NCAA policy.

Grind your ax somewhere else.

Coburn has a problem. He has terrible facilities and has no way of improving them. FSU is struggling to recruit great players and keep good coaches because of the poor facilities.

The football team has to share a practice facility with other sports teams which will be a burden in player development.

Fisher new the window was closing and while I don't like how he and FSU handled Winston he was at least able to win a NC. In 2015, FSU had 2 1st Rounders, 3 2nd Rounders, a 3rd Rounder, a 4th Rounder, two 5th Rounders, a 6th Rounder and a 7th Rounder. That's 11 players drafted by the NFL.

A&M had TWO. Ogbeuhi in the 1st and Jarvison (OG) in the 5th.

In fact, drafted players:
2019 - 7 (Jimbo) v 2 (Taggart)
2018 - 3 (End of Sumlin) vs 6 @ FSU (Jimbo)
2017 - 5 v 4 FSU
2016 - 3 v 2 FSU
2015 - 2 v 11 FSU
2014 - 3 v 7 FSU
2013 - 5 v 11 FSU
2012 - 4 (Sumlin) v 4 FSU
2011 - 1 v 3 FSU
2010 - 1 v 3 FSU (Jimbo)
2009 - 2 v 1 FSU (Bowden)
2008 - 5 v 3 FSU
2007 - 0 v 5 FSU

Taggart and FSU will struggle to be relevant again. Jimbo got out, just in time and we are the beneficiaries.
AgAtAllTimes
AG
OK this thread is too long....So as thanks(even to the haters) let me offer y;all a tiding.....As some on here will remember, I gave a winner 2 weeks ago taking Luke and giving the points....this time take Michigan and the points......have a nice day
Agvet12
AG
AgAtAllTimes said:

OK this thread is too long....So as thanks(even to the haters) let me offer y;all a tiding.....As some on here will remember, I gave a winner 2 weeks ago taking Luke and giving the points....this time take Michigan and the points......have a nice day

Might want to go the doctor for all the head trauma you received in this thread
Sterling82
cevans_40 said:

Sterling82 said:

The records shown pretty much debunk some of OP's premise but looking forward the question has merit. When you watch that absolutely awful special teams performance you can't put it on talent...it's terrible coaching plain and simple. Bottom line is we have once again done (on an much larger scale) what has held us back for two decades. And that's to encumber ourselves to a coach without any recourse for poor performance. This season is a poor performance and on that there's no debate.

This is the kind of stupid you can only find here. Great work.

Don't sell yourself short. It's really ******bags like yourself that offer no substantive argument, only insults that make this a great forum. If only everyone was just like you.
beerad12man
AG
Posters like the OP are absolute morons who feed into the narrative. Jimbo literally has had one bad season as a head coach and people think he flushed FSU down the toilet. Ridiculous.

The 8 years before jimbo: 8-4, 9-5, 10-3, 9-3, 8-5, 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, 7-6. One 10 win season. 5 out of 8 years with 5+ losses

The 8 years with him: 10-4, 9-4, 12-2, 14-0, 13-1, 10-3, 10-3, 7-6. 6 10 win seasons. Only 1 year they lost 5+ games. If you can't see that he immediately injected life into it, then propelled the program way up from where he took it over, you are a moron and not worth any more of my time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.