Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Proof We Have Won

13,599 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr_mo8268
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's only defined that way because there's too many dumbasses that still say it. It's not a word.
BMX Bandit
How is it not a word? Maybe it's not proper english, but it's still a word
Agvet12
AG
BMX Bandit said:

How is it not a word? Maybe it's not proper english, but it's still a word

Same way "ain't" isn't a word but still defined in the dictionary....

Moral VictoryU 0-2 in this thread
BMX Bandit
yall have some really bizarre rules on what constitutes a word.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
This thread is just woke as ****....

Starts out really pathetic w some yahoo saying we beat the sips in a fictional time slot contest bc Bama got selected for a 2:30 slot....

Then it devolves into a grammar fight...

It almost made me forget we have the worst oline in the sec
HossAg
AG
Well said LaFranklin. Mond is trash too.
AggieAL1
None of them is trash. They are just being asked to do things that are outside their capabilities.

Now coaches can't make them appreciably faster, stronger or smarter, but they can design blocking schemes and pass patterns that enhance rather than detract from those physical and mental shortcomings. That isn't happening.
bryanhome
Fox doesn't have a national afternoon game. They aren't playing at the Cotton Bowl after dark.
rootube
AG
HossAg said:

This post is so ****ing stupid. We haven't "won" anything. That game is almost always at 11 am. Texas will put up a strong fight and possibly beat OU. Meanwhile, bama will march in and beat us by multiple touchdowns at home.

Texas would beat us if we played right now. We're a garbage team that somehow got worse during the off-season than we were in Jimbo's inaugural season where he barely had time to get his system going at all. Quit sunshine pumping and hold the staff and BOR accountable.
Saying we won is kind of an overstatement but it is true that being in the SEC protects the prime 2:30 time slot and despite Texas/OU being a game with higher stakes we have a better time slot by virtue of being in the SEC. Also, the horns are going to get beat and I think we are a better team than them. The horns looked bad against WVA last weekend. They have a lot of injuries and they may get boat raced this weekend by OU.
HossAg
AG
AggieAL1 said:

None of them is trash. They are just being asked to do things that are outside their capabilities.

Now coaches can't make them appreciably faster, stronger or smarter, but they can design blocking schemes and pass patterns that enhance rather than detract from those physical and mental shortcomings. That isn't happening.

If it's outside their capabilities, then, by definition, they are not good enough to do it. Ergo, they are trash.
HossAg
AG
rootube said:

HossAg said:

This post is so ****ing stupid. We haven't "won" anything. That game is almost always at 11 am. Texas will put up a strong fight and possibly beat OU. Meanwhile, bama will march in and beat us by multiple touchdowns at home.

Texas would beat us if we played right now. We're a garbage team that somehow got worse during the off-season than we were in Jimbo's inaugural season where he barely had time to get his system going at all. Quit sunshine pumping and hold the staff and BOR accountable.
Saying we won is kind of an overstatement but it is true that being in the SEC protects the prime 2:30 time slot and despite Texas/OU being a game with higher stakes we have a better time slot by virtue of being in the SEC. Also, the horns are going to get beat and I think we are a better team than them. The horns looked bad against WVA last weekend. They have a lot of injuries and they may get boat raced this weekend by OU.

Texas is a much better team than us.
AggieAL1
Quote:

If it's outside their capabilities, then, by definition, they are not good enough to do it. Ergo, they are trash.

Well, sure, I guess if you are going to define trash as anyone less capable than the most capable person in a field, then they are trash. By the way, what do you do?
Post removed:
by user
Aggie
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Our game versus Bama is at 2::30 on CBS.

tu vs blowu is at 11 AM on Fox.

The market is always right. We are now the marquee cfb team in Texas.

You don't really know how any of this works do you?
HossAg
AG
AggieAL1 said:

Quote:

Well, sure, I guess if you are going to define trash as anyone less capable than the most capable person in a field, then they are trash. By the way, what do you do?

Yeah that pretty much covers it when you're in the SEC and we're going for championships. And I'm an engineer, not sure why that's relevant.
rootube
AG
HossAg said:

rootube said:

HossAg said:

Texas is a much better team than us.
Based on what? They have played one good team and lost at home.
AggieAL1
Quote:

Yeah that pretty much covers it when you're in the SEC and we're going for championships. And I'm an engineer, not sure why that's relevant.

By definition then, I guess this year's tipping point for trash won't be obvious until Dec. 7 in Atlanta. As for the relevance of your job, that was a shot at irony that obviously sailed too high, like a Mond pass. Sorry.
jm94
AG
If we were playing East Cupcake U, we wouldn't be in a good time slot.

This has nothing to do with us.
HossAg
AG
AggieAL1 said:

Quote:

By definition then, I guess this year's tipping point for trash won't be obvious until Dec. 7 in Atlanta. As for the relevance of your job, that was a shot at irony that obviously sailed too high, like a Mond pass. Sorry.

HossAg
AG
They played LSU really close. They have a great offense and their defense isn't terrible. We have such a hard time scoring. We wouldn't be able to keep up with them on scoring.
rootube
AG
HossAg said:

They played LSU really close. They have a great offense and their defense isn't terrible. We have such a hard time scoring. We wouldn't be able to keep up with them on scoring.
OK. Sorry, so their best win is a close loss at home to LSU. Very impressive. I would have given them credit for beating OK St. but they just got their arses handed to them by Texas Tech.

Texas just played the worst WVA team in modern history and the score was 42-31. This is the same WVA team that squeaked by James Madison and Kansas and got curb stomped by Missouri. Texas is not good and they will get killed this weekend and they will have to start their image rehabilitation program after they lose.
TopoTacos
AG
Can we just admit as a fanbase that we should settle this on the field? It would save everyone a lot of time and tweets...
rootube
AG
e.busche said:

Can we just admit as a fanbase that we should settle this on the field? It would save everyone a lot of time and tweets...
Posts on Texags feel more proactive than waiting for next Saturday.
HossAg
AG
Texas will play OU close, and the eye test can easily tell you they're better than us. Idk what you've been watching from us that makes you think we stand a chance against a decent team. We've been getting our ass whipped.
Tango_Mike
Guaranteed that the OP brags to his coworkers every time Alabama wins the national championship. Undoubtedly he throws in "the brotherhood"

Good chance he chants "SEC" at his tv too
rootube
AG
You are fetishizing close losses like most people on here love to do with the Aggies. If the Horns beat OU I will be glad to admit they are a good team. Till then they are more similar to us in that they lose to good teams and beat average to bad teams.
HossAg
AG
Please don't refer to anything I do as "fetishising".
rootube
AG
HossAg said:

Please don't refer to anything I do as "fetishising".
No worries. I will use any language you prefer. You absolutely do not fetishize close losses. Instead, you just like them very much as an indication of how good a team is. During the loss you tell yourself things like the following:

"If we score and they fumble, and we score again, and they fumble again we are right in this game."
"Holy cow that last touchdown made it a two-score game."
"The score really did not reflect how close this game really was."
"We were much better than the final score indicates."
"That was a real shootout" (We got shot about four more times than the other guy)

My Eye Test tells me that Texas has not beaten a good team yet. Who knows, maybe I am wrong by most "Eye Tests" OU is a good team. I should point out that OU has not beaten anyone either but at least their wins are not close losses to good teams just blowouts of bad ones. Either way somebody is going to win and one of us will need to get our eyes tested.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.