Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Proof We Have Won

13,515 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr_mo8268
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our game versus Bama is at 2::30 on CBS.

tu vs blowu is at 11 AM on Fox.

The market is always right. We are now the marquee cfb team in Texas.

Time to stop the negativity and just watch Jimbo do his job. I must say he recruited a very impressive group of freshmen. Even Smith, who many on this forum were grumbling about because he was not awarded more stars in HS.
jkm1982
AG
Red River game always at 11am
Alpha Texan
AG
I don't think time slots necessarily matter as much as you are implying.
CBS can only pick an SEC game and it must be at 2:30 Texas Time.
Fox cannot pick an SEC game, and it can be anytime.

The truly biggest game of the week is gonna be (guessing rankings) #8 Florida @ #5 LSU and that game is at 7 pm, the CBS game has to be at 2:30, so the only timeslot left that doesn't have a huge game is the morning slot.

Playing in the morning doesn't mean you're a garbage time game. TV schedules try to put at least one big game in each time slot so there is usually 1 of the 5 best games of the weekend at 11. We are in the afternoon because we're on CBS, not because we are a bigger game.

And for anyone who says that the OU-tu game is bigger than the Florida @ LSU game, you're wrong because the winner of this game between OU-tu means nothing since they will just rematch for a conference championship anyway. That's the game that will matter.
AgInFFA
Haha you are right it used to kick at 2:30 https://oklahoman.com/article/5348975/ou-texas-football-a-look-at-kickoff-times-since-1950-for-the-red-river-rivalry

But its pretty obvious the current kick time is related to the fair and not the quality of the teams

Lets be real our game with Bama will probably be turned off by a lot of fans late to get ready for the marquee matchup of the week with Florida and LSU in the night slot
Alpha Texan
AG
jkm1982 said:

Red River game always at 11am

They played a 2ish o clock game a couple years ago. I was trying to leave the fair so I could go watch Florida and A&M, which was at night and the tu and OU fans were streaming out of the stadium, making it harder to get out. Only reason I remember lol.
BMX Bandit
Which will get more viewers?
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

Lets be real our game with Bama will probably be turned off by a lot of fans late to get ready for the marquee matchup of the week with Florida and LSU in the night slot

Our game should be finished before LSU/Florida kick.

When I think of 11 AM games, I think of hamburger and when I think of a 2:30 game I think of a 14 oz ribeye. Our game will have a lot higher ratings that tu/blowu.

BMX Bandit
Quote:

Our game will have a lot higher ratings that tu/blowu.

Someone had way too much communal wine at church this morning
AgInFFA
Maroon Flash said:

Our game should be finished before LSU/Florida kick.

True, but if Alabama is up big I plan on turning it off around 4:30 to start prepping those Hamburgers and Ribeye you mention as well as some corn and potatoes so I have everything coming off the grill right before 7 for the LSU/Florida game.
AggieAL1
Some seem to be forgetting Alabama is the other half of that match-up and CBS loves to show the Tide anytime it plays an opponent of some merit.

Alabama (Tagavailoa) draws eyes, particularly in light of the Heisman speculation involving the Sooners' Hurts (a back-to-back dream Saturday).
The Dog Lord
AG
This thread is pretty telling about the current state of our season. People are searching for moral victories related to game times, and comparisons are being made to games that are usually earlier in the day.

Let's hope the rest of the season provides something better to y'all about.
Maroon Flash
AG
Not interested in moral victories. The current envy of sip relatives who act like they have a corncob sticking up their ass helped me to realize we are in a very good place.

That is regardless of this year's w/l.
Lateralus Ag
AG
"Irregardless" is not a word.
Agsrback12
It would have been a lot better for LSU vs Florida to be featured at 2:30 giving us a night game.
wbt5845
AG
Maroon Flash said:

That is irregardless of this year's w/l.
zephyr88
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Probably OU vs. tu (unless the Ags can make it a game).
Mr_mo8268
AG
you're wrong here. The 11 am time slot has nothing to do with quality of teams or ratings in this case.
halfastros81
AG
Sure doesn't feel that way right now. We'll see in a yr or 2
Tango_Mike
Maroon Flash said:

Not interested in moral victories. The current envy of sip relatives who act like they have a corncob sticking up their ass helped me to realize we are in a very good place.

levypantsEOY
What a bad thread.
2thFixinAg
I'm guessing the OP has no idea how pathetic he sounds.
Air times?? Really?? That's what he is now being proud of?
northeastag
AG
It's a really desperate week when the biggest debate is over starting times. I personally will watch both games. Why not?! And I couldn't care less which one comes on
First.
AngryAG
Maroon Flash said:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think we are in good place regardless of our record????

WTF??????

That is a losers mentality!
HelloUncleNateFitch
We won the timeslots boys, better go ahead and hang em up for the year.
72jag
AG
Regardless of time, the SEC is going to own the day and night if we at least can give Bama a game. The LSU/UF game should get a very high rating
72jag
AG
Regardless of time, the SEC is going to own the day and night if we at least can give Bama a game. The LSU/UF game should get a very high rating
halfone85
Seriously?
HossAg
AG
This post is so ****ing stupid. We haven't "won" anything. That game is almost always at 11 am. Texas will put up a strong fight and possibly beat OU. Meanwhile, bama will march in and beat us by multiple touchdowns at home.

Texas would beat us if we played right now. We're a garbage team that somehow got worse during the off-season than we were in Jimbo's inaugural season where he barely had time to get his system going at all. Quit sunshine pumping and hold the staff and BOR accountable.
levypantsEOY
100% of what you wrote is true.

There is now a 100% chance that the sunshine pumpers will be accusing you of sip trollery forthwith.
HossAg
AG
levypantsEOY said:

100% of what you wrote is true.

There is now a 100% chance that the sunshine pumpers will be accusing you of sip trollery forthwith.

As is tradition on Texags. I've got an Ag Tag so I don't care. Absolutely sick of the same **** every year when we've got literally everything you're supposed to have to become a championship caliber team. I wasn't expecting us to get there this year, but I definitely wasn't expecting us to get worse like we have.
RG20
Yay! Hope we can at least give Bama a game...sounds like a winner to me...
APHIS AG
BMX Bandit said:

Great. There is nothing more comforting than a national audience seeing us get blown out.

I also remember 77-0 being a 2:30 game.
PFG
AG
Ban OP
BMX Bandit
APHIS AG said:

BMX Bandit said:

Great. There is nothing more comforting than a national audience seeing us get blown out.

I also remember 77-0 being a 2:30 game.

77-0 was 1100 kickoff. And RRS will get several million more than our game
DGAG92
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

"Irregardless" is not a word.

Well......actually.

"Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means "without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship," or "heedless." Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one."
Class of 1992
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.