Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A pledge to our school... from now on...

2,701 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by John Francis Donaghy
jturner181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While I consider myself a diehard Aggie and have since my fall semester in 1993, I have a confession to make:

I have not acted honorably to my school, fellow Aggies, and sports programs. I have vented frustration publicly, have spoken negatively about the fans, athletes, and especially coaches over the years. I find this behavior and attitude is growing among my fellow Aggies. The 'Spirit of Aggieland' is fading and I'm partially to blame for this.

Therefore, I make a pledge to this community, this school, and Aggies everywhere that my behavior, my words, and my reflections, even during emotionally high or low moments, will NOW reflect honorably. I will not speak negatively about players ever, and will only speak about coaching decisions with positive discernment going forward.

I pledge to be an Aggie, true to each other as Aggies should be.
BleacherRat
jturner181 said:

While I consider myself a diehard Aggie and have since my fall semester in 1993, I have a confession to make:

I have not acted honorably to my school, fellow Aggies, and sports programs. I have vented frustration publicly, have spoken negatively about the fans, athletes, and especially coaches over the years. I find this behavior and attitude is growing among my fellow Aggies. The 'Spirit of Aggieland' is fading and I'm partially to blame for this.

Therefore, I make a pledge to this community, this school, and Aggies everywhere that my behavior, my words, and my reflections, even during emotionally high or low moments, will NOW reflect honorably. I will not speak negatively about players ever, and will only speak about coaching decisions with positive discernment going forward.

Can you please pass this on to Mabel?
Gig 'em!
Aggmtn79
Nothing wrong with that , to each their own.
Sponge
AG
I pledge to double my zoo outrage to make up for this loss.
Tango_Mike
You're kind of a tool, and you greatly overestimate your influence on sports outcomes
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Just thought I'd say "howdy" to all the other fan bases who will be reading this post as it makes the rounds on their boards.

Take a GIANT step back, OP and reassess your life and priorities. This is a fan board populated with idiots (myself included) posting about college aged guys playing a kid's game.
Born Maroon
AG
Casting pearls before swine OP.
black_hat_ag
Pump that sunshine baby!!!!!
"Go drink Lysol." - BallerStaf2003
aggiedaddie
jturner181 said:

Good on you and don't let the bottom feeders on sports forums get you down.
Win At Life
AG
Born Maroon said:

Casting pearls before swine OP.
If you're going to use a biblical reference, doing t'shuva seems more appropriate.
02skiag
AG
Someone was doing some late night drinking last night.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Growing up I always wondered where all the Aggie jokes came from....

After a few years on Texags it all made perfect sense....

Threads like this are a great reminder...
John Francis Donaghy
Dude, it's a game. Chill out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.