Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Saturday Down South speaking the truth

18,179 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Grits
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

3. Texas A&M fans (SEC): Aggies fans talk big. Kyle Field draws big, more than 100,000. That's all fine and good, but the stadium emptied out faster than a Big 12 backfield midway through the 4th quarter. No, it didn't look good, but Kellen Mond and the Aggies rallied. If I'm Jimbo, I'm livid. The Aggies didn't quit. But their fans certainly did.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-things-im-absolutely-overreacting-to-after-week-4-in-sec/
Artorias
AG
Simple fix for Jimbo and crew. Stop losing.
dixichkn
AG
Then stop coming if you're so convinced we're stuck on permasuck. We'll see your frontrunning asses after the next win or two
Nonregdrummer09
AG
After the next win or two? Just stop coming period.
bv86ag
AG
Don't worry, keep up these piss poor performances that have been going on for decades and people will stop coming. Ya'll will get your wish pretty soon if things don't change.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Fine, just don't come back for the wins. That's the definition of "fair weather" and the 12th Man should be more than that.
FlowCtlr
AG
We are used to losing. I don't blame them.
Liquid Wrench
We think we're the best fans in the SEC.
JaySugar
Part of it was the heat.
I don't blame people for leaving down 3 scores in that heat.
Especially for those not in the shade
yell_on_6th st
AG
BAS
basic8
Social Media Influencer said:

We think we're the best fans in the SEC.
What a surprise. Then it must be so.
geb83
AG
If you're a true fan, you stay 'till the end, losing or not.

If you claim to be the 12th Man on the Team, you sure as hell stay 'till the end, WIN OR LOSE.

Don't claim to be the 12th Man unless you're willing to sweat it out with those on the field, ESPECIALLY when things are bad.

Toughen up Ags. Live up to the name, 12th Man.
coldmoose
The truth is that nowadays few places are like Nebraska. Those fans have been showing up and selling out the stadium for every game. And they have had plenty of lean seasons lately. But they still sell out every game. Every year.
Goose83
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Quote:

3. Texas A&M fans (SEC): Aggies fans talk big. Kyle Field draws big, more than 100,000. That's all fine and good, but the stadium emptied out faster than a Big 12 backfield midway through the 4th quarter. No, it didn't look good, but Kellen Mond and the Aggies rallied. If I'm Jimbo, I'm livid. The Aggies didn't quit. But their fans certainly did.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-things-im-absolutely-overreacting-to-after-week-4-in-sec/
Kinda hard for the team to quit when they never really started. We get enough sunshine pumping here, don't need to go to a 3rd party website to get even more.

People have been (wildly) overpaying for 3rd rate results since 2012, therefore it's only natural they they will eventually throw up their hands and walk out in disgust. When people feel they are putting more into the games than the coaches and players are, this is what you get.
John Francis Donaghy
coldmoose said:

The truth is that nowadays few places are like Nebraska. Those fans have been showing up and selling out the stadium for every game. And they have had plenty of lean seasons lately. But they still sell out every game. Every year.

It's Nebraska. What the **** else are they going to do?
Ag_EE
AG
rgag12
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

coldmoose said:

What the **** else are you going to do in CS that you can't do in Lincoln?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
rgag12 said:

coldmoose said:

CS has Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin all within 3 hours of it. That's where most ticket holders come from, and there is a ton of stuff to do in those cities.
rgag12
AG
Champ Bailey said:

rgag12 said:

coldmoose said:

CS has Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin all within 3 hours of it. That's where most ticket holders come from, and there is a ton of stuff to do in those cities.

It takes several hours to get to all of those cities, and Lincoln is actually closer to Omaha and Kansas City where I assume a lot of NU alumni live.
JFrench
AG
Do they turn off the piped in music during big games?
Tango_Mike
I know A&M has propped up the "best fans" myth for a long time, but it's always been a farce.

But more to the point, college football is an entertainment industry. If you're not entertained, why would you stand in the concrete+heat to be more unentertained?
monarch
S
Wow.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemy.
Nickel Bag of Funk
AG
Weird to me that we see multiple threads on attendance after the results on saturday. Who cares? I just want to win.
Sumlins Pool Guy
The line at Layne's just moves so slow
Al Bula
AG
Haha so many people getting triggered by some dorky incel bloggers with important-sounding titles. WGAF?
ghowe
AG
mugwurt said:

This post right here pisses me off! I think you picked the wrong school - you would have been better suited 100 miles to west.
Post removed:
by user
cevans_40
AG
ghowe said:

mugwurt said:

This post right here pisses me off! I think you picked the wrong school - you would have been better suited 100 miles to west.

If there are any facts to face, it is that we have become just like them.
rootube
AG
Champ Bailey said:

rgag12 said:

coldmoose said:

Oh boy. This is a page from the longhorn fan script 6th street is so fun section. Guess this is who we are now.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Did you ever stop to think that maybe this culture of demanding unconditional support for the teams and coaches no matter how bad to mediocre the results on the field/court is the reason WHY all our men's teams but T&F are all so piss poor despite all the money we pour into them?
Mort Rainey
Maroon Dawn said:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe this culture of demanding unconditional support for the teams and coaches no matter how bad to mediocre the results on the field/court is the reason WHY all our men's teams but T&F are all so piss poor despite all the money we pour into them?
technoviking
AG
So you're saying we should burn it all down?
twk
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Dumbest thing ever said on Texags. Take solace form the fact that you aren't the first to say it. Blaming the fans is absolutely insane, and saying that it's because we're too forgiving is laughable.
swc93
AG
First time back in Kyle Field for me since Sherman. Good portions of the seats in the sun emptied out. The team was playing like crap. I wouldn't have left when I was a student; but I don't blame those that did. I understand a good portion just moved into the shade.

What made me want to leave was the ****ing stupid ass DJ. I had heard it was bad. It is bad. Embarrassingly bad. I can not believe it was allowed to start in the first place and can not believe it continues.

Kill it. Kill it with fire!
Maroon Dawn
AG
technoviking said:

So you're saying we should burn it all down?

I'm saying that when you create a culture that demands the combination of these attitudes of

"We have to give the AD our money every year no matter how bad the results"

With

"Aww shucks coach, we just want you to run a clean program and "get" A&M"

Then how can you be surprised when the result is hanging on to bad/mediocre coaches who produce bad/mediocre results for years and years past time to fire them?

I'm not saying Jimbo needs to be fired, the jury is still out on him and Buzz but that's the basic of our big 3 Men's sports. Hell baseball is still hanging onto a guy who is mediocrity incarnate because he gets us to regionals
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.