Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mond haters

11,761 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr. Ectomy
Gyles Marrett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If they were honest they would admit even if he had gone 25-25 with 4 TD's they'd have found a problem with the performance.

He's not perfect yet we are expecting perfection. He completed 71% with at-least 4 easy drops that would have put that at 86%. He will be fine moving forward. Maybe we should trust Jimbo. Never more apparent than how this board reacted to 1 pass of Calzada. It's asinine over reaction. Jimbo knows what he's doing and when Mond has a good game and beats Auburn you'll all be back in love. I'll gladly eat crow if he stinks up Kyle against Auburn but it won't be necessary. Ags 31 Auburn 13.
PatAg
AG
Ideal world, he plays well enough to go to the NFL after this season ends.

and Calzada learns when to throw the fastball and when to throw with some touch
cevans_40
AG
The Mond criticism here is borderline absurd. I hate when staph censors anything but I wouldn't lose sleep if they started cleaning up some of the garbage that is getting posted.
Bunk Moreland
PatAg said:

That's not ideal at all. Ideal is he sticks around and continues to improve and leads A&M to a title next year. Calzada will most likely not be ready by next year to beat bama and lsu in back to back weeks. He's nowhere close to Mond at this point (nor should he be) and id much rather have a 4 year qb starter in 2020 assuming he continues to improve than a first year starter.
MaroonStain
AG
cevans_40 said:

The Mond criticism here is borderline absurd. I hate when staph censors anything but I wouldn't lose sleep if they started cleaning up some of the garbage that is getting posted.

Borderline absurd? It's psychotic.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
cevans_40
AG
PatAg said:

So you hope we lose a player who is good enough to get drafted by an NFL team because you are sure we will be better with a QB that we have seen throw all of 6 passes in game action?
William Larue Weller
AG
You Mond truthers are adorable. He stinks. It is what it is. Would be easier if you could just accept it and move on.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Mond has made a fair share of mistakes so far...

I think expectations were high coming in & everyone wants perfection, including Kellen...

What perplexes me is the majority of this board overlooking serious issues w the oline & receiving corps...

I don't care if you critique play, but the mond pile on is absurd at the least
Aggie Futbol
Mond isn't a bad quarterback, but he is nothing more than an average quarterback . He runs very well, however; he is average at best when throwing. This is particularly true against the best teams who are able to generate high pressure on him. At times he looks lost and confused when the Aggies are in situations which require throwing. Although his mechanics have improved since he arrived, they are average at best now. Of course we want him to succeed for obvious reasons. His future as an NFL quarterback is a real stretch. Maybe he has a shot to be a backup somewhere.
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
It was Lamar. This game means nothing.
AWP 97
AG
I think the OL issue moving forward is worrisome. At least, we are recruiting 5/4 star receivers and those guys can play early in their careers. Except for KG, I'm very concerned about the OL.
rsemingson
Mond is a great football target thrower. He would win any carnival throwing act. However, carnivals don't have obstacles or rushers except some slow moving paper fans on sticks in the way. I still say slow motion play like a deer in the headlights is his style, and will be now that we are playing SEC teams.
Artorias
AG
When you proclaim yourself the best QB in the SEC and continue to play mediocre at best, you deserve criticism
ApachePilot
AG
mugwurt said:

When you proclaim yourself the best QB in the SEC and continue to play mediocre at best, you deserve criticism

This
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
AWP 97 said:

I think the OL issue moving forward is worrisome. At least, we are recruiting 5/4 star receivers and those guys can play early in their careers. Except for KG, I'm very concerned about the OL.

You should be worried....

We struggle w basic blocking assignments against scrub squads... They fought against clemson, but through 3 (2 being cupcakes) we look extremely soft up front
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
mugwurt said:

He didn't proclaim he was the best. He said he thinks he is. That's not a boast, that's confidence. Something Texags continually *****es about him not having.
coldmoose
The thing is the level of hate. I can see that he isn't distinguishing himself as a really good quarterback. But it seems like there are Aggies who want him to fail. Who relish in his mishaps, and despise him.
William Larue Weller
AG
coldmoose said:

The thing is the level of hate. I can see that he isn't distinguishing himself as a really good quarterback. But it seems like there are Aggies who want him to fail. Who relish in his mishaps, and despise him.

I think he's terrible and won't get us big wins.

At the same time, I'm an Aggie and want all our guys to succeed so that we can win football games. I would love to be pleasantly surprised and see Mond lead us to a victory against Auburn, Bama, Georgia, or LSU.

Do I think there's much of a chance that I'll be pleasantly surprised? Hell no.
Womackster
AG
Trump 2020 said:

You Mond truthers are adorable. He stinks. It is what it is. Would be easier if you could just accept it and move on.

And you are extremely cute. I'd like to put a bow on you, you irresistible munchkin!
PyriteAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

mugwurt said:

He didn't proclaim he was the best. He said he thinks he is. That's not a boast, that's confidence. Something Texags continually *****es about him not having.
Some day, people will stop getting this butthurt about what the players said to the media.
cords12
Exactly! He claimed to be the best QB in the SEC and he's not even close. He actually had 2 interceptions tonight against Lamar, one the dB just couldn't hold on. Mond is good for 2 turnovers per game
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
cords12 said:

Exactly! He claimed to be the best QB in the SEC and he's not even close. He actually had 2 interceptions tonight against Lamar, one the dB just couldn't hold on. Mond is good for 2 turnovers per game

He actually had 3 more TD's that his receivers dropped then.

5 TD's and 2 ints for over 350 yards and 81% accuracy, a hell of a night.
cords12
Still not impressed, it's freaking Lamar! Monds decisions making still sucks and he's a junior with a wealth of starting experience. Garbage
PyriteAg
AG
cords12 said:

Him making multiple mistakes is always not something to be happy about, but I'd still rather have him show confidence than say some dumb generic stuff like doing his best or something.
Old Sarge
AG
I think Mond is above average, and a good guy.

I think Calzada will be the starter next year, though, with another year to learn the offense.

No attack on Mond. No propping the back up for this year. It is what it is.

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I would rather own a Ford Mustang than a Ferrari that only started half the time.

Especially over a Ferrari that habitually left you stranded at important times.

But, yes fellas, Mond was very good at beating up Lamar. You're all football geniuses and we'll never lose another game ever.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Literally nobody is saying that. Mond had a good game tonight. Anyone who disagrees is simply a hater.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
He looked good against the worst team on schedule and flat out awful against the best. SEC play should be interesting.
Artorias
AG
Champ Bailey said:

cords12 said:

He actually had 3 more TD's that his receivers dropped then.

5 TD's and 2 ints for over 350 yards and 81% accuracy, a hell of a night.
Against a glorified JUCO. Grats, I guess.
AGHouston11
AG
It was Lamar!
AvidAggie
AG
Trump 2020 said:

You sir are fake news
AvidAggie
AG
cords12 said:

Still not impressed, it's freaking Lamar! Monds decisions making still sucks and he's a junior with a wealth of starting experience. Garbage

Calling Mond "garbage" is stupid

He's a top 5 QB in the SEC
PatAg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

PatAg said:

That's not ideal at all. Ideal is he sticks around and continues to improve and leads A&M to a title next year. Calzada will most likely not be ready by next year to beat bama and lsu in back to back weeks. He's nowhere close to Mond at this point (nor should he be) and id much rather have a 4 year qb starter in 2020 assuming he continues to improve than a first year starter.
I said ideal world, not fantasy land
abacavir
Champ Bailey said:

Literally nobody is saying that. Mond had a good game tonight. Anyone who disagrees is simply a hater.
I could have a good game against Leeeory Jenkis.
RGLAG85
AG
abacavir said:

Champ Bailey said:

I could have a good game against Leeeory Jenkis.
I seriously doubt that. I've never seen you have a good day.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.