Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Clemson's take on Jimbo

11,881 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aeon-ag
ssolari94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chevy con queso
Canyon99
AggieIce
pimplepopper
SidetrackAg
Agsrback12
HoustonAg2106 said:

fat girlfriend said:

The whole, "Jimbo destroyed FSU" narrative is insanely idiotic. It's honestly too dumb for words.

Idiotic or not, it's something that is out there and talked about outside of A&M

If that is the definition of destroying a program I cannot wait until we are destroyed after a natty.
Agsrback12
Bottlehead90
AG
Now we know Solari's take on Jimbo

Don't give a rip what Clemson thinks. They will probably boo me now.
JoeAggie1010
Aggie_Swag18
They had Ben Boulware who was scandal worthy but it never got the national attention that it deserved. Putting Lamar in a choke hold then talking about groping opposing players as "just having fun" and anyone who played football and thought that it wasn't okay "didn't have friends". Dabo didn't do anything about it and that's when I lost any respect for him.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
NyAggie
AG
Jimbo wrecked FSU? LMFAO

People will believe anything they read or hear if they want it to be true
Tamuco99
Living in Atlanta one thing I have learned since we hired Jimbo is that people hate him. Last year flying back from the Clemson game I was sitting next to the parents of their placekicker. His mom went on about how awful Jimbo was with nothing substantive as to her reasonings why. I run into people all around town with negativity telling me things like "good luck with him". Ultimately I think the majority of the sentiment comes from his handling of the Jameis fiasco.

My reaction to all of that: DON'T CARE, GOT JIMBO!!!!
Brat86
AG
I had a couple of Clemson old timers tell me the opposite after the game. You all need to stick with Jimbo he sent packing many a game. He will do you all right. Give him some time to get his kids in. I agree we need some patience, get more depth that knows the O and the D, wait for the schedule to turn in our favor. We will get there.
TripleSec
AG
#fakenews
83Aggie
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

While we do have an amazing punter what about Mann's performance would be a huge thing for Clemson fans to notice
He had 6 punts averaging 45 yds. They had returns of -1 and 9 yds. Several punts were fair caught inside the 20, one at the 11 Yd line. The others were kicked OB at or inside the 20. He best was a 60 yarder that resulted in the -1 return. He is a special talent.
JJxvi
AG
This is also the second game a Clemson fan would be aware of Mann. Over two games they will have seen him punt 11 times for 544 yards (49.5 avg) with kicks of 56, 60, 69, and 73 yards.
tangelox
This wouldn't bother you any?
tree91
AG
I actually had one very nice Clemson dude question Jimbo because he didn't speak at Baptist churches like Bowden did. WTF.
AggieNiebs
AG
infinity ag said:

The key to success is to have a
1. A good coach
2. A good QB
3. Support crew

We got 1 but not 2.
2 is coming but in a couple of years. We are also recruiting well on 3. So I think we will see some success only in 2 years.
Don't we say this EVERY couple years?
Bottlehead90
AG
The Jameis scandal was concerning at the time, but if the attorney general says there is no case against Jameis then what is the coach supposed to do? I don't know if any coach would have handled it differently.
Wabs
AG
ClemsonTig said:

Jimbo recruited great talent at FSU but he also ignored a lot of red flags around the kids he brought in. Eventually it became a disaster as the bad attitudes and character issues of the players have overtaken that program. In his last year at FSU, the team pretty much quit on him. Look at the Boston College-FSU game, a 35-3 loss. It wasn't the only time that year either.

Ex-FSU players have had a starring role for several years on Last Chance U.

Taggart should have run a bunch guys off when he took over FSU. Instead he tried to rehabilitate. It's been a disaster. FSU will require a complete tear down and rebuild now. Taggart came into a bad situation left by Jimbo and is in way over his head. He has no idea what to do with the **** show he inherited. He will be canned.

Maybe Jimbo will learn from the mistakes made at FSU. You have to have talent but you also need character as well. We'll see.
Urban Meyer would like a word with you.
aeon-ag
dixichkn said:

Allow me to take a comment from another thread and run with it

Quote:

I was at the game and spent all day on campus. The three most unsolicited comments I heard during and after the game were:

1) You guys have an amazing punter
2) Your defense gave us a game until they got tired
3) This would have been a whole different game if your QB was more accurate

To that list I would add a 4th. And I heard this at least 3 times from Clemson fans throughout the day.

"Y'all need to get rid of Jimbo. He's gonna kill you. Look what he did to Florida State." Yada yada yada. I argued with them to a point but they really didn't want to hear it.

Man, whoever wrote that hatchet piece on Coach, and especially that Clemson radio host that got into the little tit-for-tat with Olin Buchanan, has got them eating that BS hook line and sinker. Then again, they've dealt with Jimbo a lot longer than we have. I don't see it. But maybe I'm just drinking the koolaid?

I think we absolutely got the right guy. Anyone disagree?
After A&M threw Sherrill under the bus I haven't been high on any coach, so far I haven't been disappointed, all have beem shown the door.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.