Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Spikeball

9,658 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Little Rock Ag
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
What is something called Spikeball and is there a team representing TAMU somewhere?
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
Forget it...
Peace for Ukraine!
Ag86Hotard109
AG
We lost in the National Championship game. Need a new $70 million coach.
DollahBillzYo!
Spikeball Sucks
Sponge
AG
Is it like this?
S.A. Aggie
AG
What model S&W is that? 19-3?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I watched a game of ours on ESPN 2 a month or two ago. These obscure sports are what made ESPN great originally. I enjoyed watching it. It's kind of like volleyball but with a playing field that is 360 degrees. It's like if you made Volleyball a drinking game.
Caesar4
AG

EllisCoAg
AG
that is wild, kinda a competitive hacky sack
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
DevilD77
AG
Another game invented by people not athletic enough to compete in real sports.
hot dog
agz win
AG
Watched a little and started feeling a little frat-like so turned the channel.

Milleneals. Meh.
jrdaustin
AG
Looks like something played on the Quidditch field
AgPediRPh
AG
Where is Thanos when you need him?
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
please shoot me now.
I am here for the comments.
The Collective
AG
jjmanzano said:

Where is Thanos when you need him?
ingramsh
AG
Quote:

Milleneals. Meh.
You do understand most college students are no longer millennials? Millenials are now in their mid twenties to mid thirties.

We're talking generation z or zillenials at this point.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ingramsh said:

Quote:

Milleneals. Meh.
You do understand most college students are no longer millennials? Millenials are now in their mid twenties to mid thirties.

We're talking generation z or zillenials at this point.

Maybe it's just that there are 1000 Neals at the tournament, and he is NOT a fan of the name.
milner79
This game was on TV in the restaurant where I had lunch Sunday. Did not even know the name of the game until they went to commercial break: Spikeball College Championships. Georgia vs. Texas A&M. On ESPN2.

For the love of the world.

It was embarrassing to watch and embarrassing to think an established network like ESPN2 would commit good airtime to it. If this is where we are, consider running a no-huddle replay of Harvard-Yale or something. Anything.

I understand there are made-up games and pastimes and such. Good for down at the lake or whatever. I will play the occasional game of washers, but I don't expect ESPN cameras to be on hand.

Airing of Spikeball is a gateway drug to mainlining Canadian Football League games. ... Just 73 more days ...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
milner79 said:

This game was on TV in the restaurant where I had lunch Sunday. Did not even know the name of the game until they went to commercial break: Spikeball College Championships. Georgia vs. Texas A&M. On ESPN2.

It was embarrassing to watch and embarrassing to think an established network like ESPN2 would commit good airtime to it. If this is where we are, consider running a no-huddle replay of Harvard-Yale or something. Anything.

I understand there are made-up games and pastimes and such. Good for down at the lake or whatever. I will play the occasional game of washers, but I don't expect ESPN cameras to be on hand.

Airing of Spikeball is a gateway drug to mainlining Canadian Football League games. ... Just 73 more days ...

That is actually how ESPN got popular. They were the only ones playing college lacrosse, college rowing, all of these alternative sports (especially in the 70's and 80's) that people loved to tune in to see what wacky thing they were playing. Then they got NASCAR, and it changed the game for them.
ingramsh
AG
Quote:

Maybe it's just that there are 1000 Neals at the tournament, and he is NOT a fan of the name.

I hadn't thought of that.
ironmanag
AG
So let me get this straight. We have kids even college kids outside being active and not on a device or video game and you tools are going to bad mouth it?

I would be willing to be every person talking this weak ass trash on this thread couldn't even make it 5 minutes.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
milner79
Understood. But not many of us clamoring for a Sunday afternoon of Australian Rules Football these days ...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
milner79 said:

Understood. But not many of us clamoring for a Sunday afternoon of Australian Rules Football these days ...

I get that, but this is almost the worst time of the year for sports with basketball and hockey just ending, football has nothing happening, and baseball a month away from the all star break. And I'd rather watch what essentially is a competitive lawn game over another BS sports talk show that is designed to be divisive.
monarch
S
My Long Bch St brother texted me on Saturday about watching UGA and Tamu playing Spikeball on TV. After investigating, I saw what Spikeball was and I called his bluff. I never heard back from him; I thought he was pulling my leg so after I entered the original post I came back and said "Blow it off." Crap, he was right. They were playing. What a wuss activity.
Peace for Ukraine!
94chem
There's a high probability that I would destroy anyone on this thread at racquetball. Therefore, I suggest you say it's not athletic.
texag86
AG
Cornhole tournaments are where the real athletes are
Sex Panther
AG
milner79 said:

It's gonna be ok bud, I promise
AggieBill005
AG
Meh. Looks like fun. Folks on TexAgs will ***** about absolutely anything.
dixichkn
AG
Champ Bailey said:

milner79 said:

That is actually how ESPN got popular. They were the only ones playing college lacrosse, college rowing, all of these alternative sports (especially in the 70's and 80's) that people loved to tune in to see what wacky thing they were playing. Then they got NASCAR, and it changed the game for them.
Nothing like some good old lumberjack championships when nothing else was on.

Ah, the 80's.........
Crazy Ag 97
AG
This was on Shark Tank back in 2015. Thought it looked kind of fun, but never thought I'd see it on ESPN.
atm0812
AG
Aussie rules football remains one of my favorite late night finds from college. Looked incredibly fun.

Fortunately my friends and I were athletic (at the time) and agreed to never try it and to only play American Football because we are above other forms of fun, engaging athletic activity.
Callate Donnie
DevilD77 said:

Another game invented by people not athletic enough to compete in real sports.
Would love to watch footage of you playing it.
milner79
If break dancing can become an Olympic sport, can spikeball be far behind ...
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.