Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2020 RB Deondre Jackson makes the call for Texas A&M

June 16, 2019

There has been a big question about who Texas A&M would take at RB in the 2020 class. Well, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson RB Deondre Jackson‍ decided he was ready to answer that question following his official visit to College Station.

The 6’1, 215-pound back becomes the Aggies’ tenth commitment of the 2020 recruiting class and adds to a powerful arsenal of offensive weapons which includes five-star Demond Demas‍, national receiver standouts Troy Omeire‍ and Muhsin Muhammad III‍ and tight end Blake Smith‍.

In addition to Texas A&M, Jackson also received Power Five offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Nebraska, South Carolina, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Michigan State, Purdue, Louisville and Syracuse.

We’ll have more analysis and breakdown soon for TexAgs Premium subscribers. 

Discussion from...

2020 RB Deondre Jackson makes the call for Texas A&M

30,220 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAMUallen said:

Runs a 4.80 40yd?

FB potential?

I'm assuming our coaches got a time on him, so either they feel he can help us at that speed (like a FB or something as you mentioned) or - what is more likely IMO based on his film - he timed much faster than what is on his profile.
AggieBlu
AG
Yeah! I don't think that 40 time is correct either!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Agsuffering@bulaw
He did not look like a burner in that video. He has really good lateral movement, makes sharp cuts, and appears to have very good vision. I only saw one play in that video where he truly ran a mofo over. Jimbo probably figures he can play at 230 and run people over.

I doubt many programs offer scholarships to FBs anymore. Seems like they expect them to walk on and whoever gets the job eventually gets a scholarship.
LEJ
lakeside aggie
sleepybeagle
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

These 2 guys we got this weekend are both underrated based on how they project to the college level both in measurables and film, and their offer list.

Jackson does have a nice offer list, but let's not kid ourselves. The other kid may be the next Sam Adams, but his only two real offers are from us and Penn State. That's it, the rest are 2nd - 3rd tier programs.

It's ok to be honest.
AG
TAMUallen said:

Runs a 4.80 40yd?

FB potential?

Watch the film. He's faster than a 4.8

He's separating from DBs at the second level when they have the angle. You don't do that at 4.8
StickTogetherAgs
C Loves L
Alabama, Ohio St, UT, Auburn, NEB, S. Carolina all offered

If that doesn't get you excited about this commitment then you probably shouldn't be following recruiting
S.A. Aggie
AG
Welcome and Gig'em!!
John Cocktolstoy
If he can move a pile and get yards 4.8 is fine with me. He is going to be a welcome commodity that we have not had in a while.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
dixichkn
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

If he can move a pile and get yards 4.8 is fine with me. He is going to be a welcome commodity that we have not had in a while.
We have that commodity right now. He sat out last year due to transfer rules.
John Cocktolstoy
Two will be even better, line em up in the I formation!!!
John Cocktolstoy
Plus remember Vernon hurt his neck, could be out for a while. Unless you meant Ben Miles but I doubt it.
Tamu_mgm
AG
4 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

These 2 guys we got this weekend are both underrated based on how they project to the college level both in measurables and film, and their offer list.

Jackson does have a nice offer list, but let's not kid ourselves. The other kid may be the next Sam Adams, but his only two real offers are from us and Penn State. That's it, the rest are 2nd - 3rd tier programs.

It's ok to be honest.

Including measurables, film, AND offers....not just offers. Based on those 3 factors Raikes is absolutely a 4 star all the way, and should see a deserved bump when all is said and done. Even if he doesn't, he projects really well to the next level.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.