Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quantum Leap: What moment would you change?

11,412 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bifferton Bobber Squat
MMantle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2011 vs Texas, take away McCoy's scramble at end of game that set up winning FG.

RR
Raptor
AG
I'd take over for the CU QB in 1995 and on the first play from scrimmage, throw the ball backwards and then trip my own teammates from trying to recover it before A&M can jump on it. Then I'd run over and slap the ref and slam my helmet down at their feet until ejected.

We win that game, we "might" go undefeated. We could beat Tech the next week and then the matchup vs t.u. for the last SWC game becomes a mini playoff game for a potential MNC birth.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

TheWoodsAg
AG
4 said:

TheWoodsAg said:

nutmegger_aggie said:

I would call a horse collar on Auburn.

We win the natty.
Natty? You must have missed the part where LSU and Mizzou absolutely pistol whipped the snot out of us 2 and 3 weeks later.....

We only lost 2 games in 2012.

Florida and LSU.

Edit: You're referencing 2013

Yes, the Auburn horse collar game was 2013. Hence if a horse collar had been called on Auburn (assuming we score afterwards) we still would have lost 3 games that year (including to Mizzou and LSU). Thus my comment.
terata
AG
1963 tu game at Kyle, Jim Willenborg's interception in the endzone stands and A&M wins the game.
coupland boy
AG
dcAg said:

I wouldve changed us moving to the SEC in 2013 instead of 2012. JFF wouldnt have won the Heisman but we wouldve won the MNC.

False. Undefeated Alabama vs. Notre Dame would have played each other.
NyAggie
AG
In 1991 we lost to Tulsa 35-34; I don't remember the specifics of that game but I would have changed any one play that would gave given us the win in that game

We win that game and we are 11-0 that season and playing undefeated Miami in the cotton bowl for the national title rather than a 1 loss Florida st

That 91 defense was downright nasty: would gave loved to have seen how it fared against that Miami team
The Lost
MMantle said:

2011 vs Texas, take away McCoy's scramble at end of game that set up winning FG.

RR
Too dangerous, miss a fg, this would just lead to an aggie joke where mccoy throws a hail mary td
aggiese72
AG
Without a doubt, I agree with Terata. Only us old Ags would really appreciate the significance if we had won that game.
Ol Army Fight
AG
Quote:

I would go back to the guy who switched the Arkansas game in 75 after the tu game and "change his mind"
That cost us playing for the national championship! TV had Arkansas's coach telling what he was going to do(Would do) during the tu game to deal with the Aggies defensive speed by running misdirection plays. Then lined up one week later and did it.
Ol Rock
AG
Hired Urban Meyer instead of Fran.

What could have been???
MarvinZindler
AG
Just curious as to why everyone wants to change anything from 2012. While it's true that team was the best team in the country at the end of the year, that also would have meant keeping Sumlin for many, many years to come. Discuss...
HoustonAg2106
AG
MarvinZindler said:

Just curious as to why everyone wants to change anything from 2012. While it's true that team was the best team in the country at the end of the year, that also would have meant keeping Sumlin for many, many years to come. Discuss...

I would gladly take a national championship if it meant keeping Sumlin for 10 years after that (it's not like we were winning a 5 or 6 games a season with Summy
mm42
I'd go back as whoever signed up coach Fran. Have him off himself if necessary, hopefully he could be reasoned with.
AggieSocialWorker32
RC's first season, 1989... two games that we should have won.
Tech and Arkansas. Two pass interference calls that went against us. Should have won both games and the conference championship.
dixichkn
AG
Agvet12 said:

Raptor said:

If you had he ability to quantum leap into any A&M football moment and change one play, then what play would you change and how would you alter the outcome?

(You have all the skills and abilities of the player you've leaped into)

Your mom
I simply cannot hear or see those two words and not visualize this face

dixichkn
AG
I can't disagree with any of the comments regarding either of the 2012 losses. Win just one of those and there's our natty. No one was stopping JFF by the end of that year. No one.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
Just call the horse collar on Johnny against Auburn and we're probably in the national championship game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.