Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This is a Pathetic Hire

11,581 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pathetic
Buford T. Justice
AG
This just proves to me that once you reach a certain level as a collegiate athletics officer, you are granted a lifetime of opportunities as a retread. Very similar to the position of head coach in professional sports.

I cannot get over how dumb of a hire this was. This may be the final nail the coffin that contains my give a damn for Aggie athletics.
Tobias Funke
AG
Pathetic is being a baby on the internet and then replying to your own baby thread
Propane & Accessories
AG
Well I hope this deal doesn't Bjork us over in the future.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Sponge
AG
85AustinAg
AG
I know you guys are geniuses because after all you are posting on Texags - but why is this pathetic?
Young up and comer, SEC experience, improved the Ole Miss AD while there...
merc
AG
If Hugh Freeze hadn't of telephoned that prostitute the would probably have more SEC West titles than Bama by now!
beerad12man
AG
OP is upset, but surely can't name the reasons he is upset.
Million
There really is no way to rationalize this hire. Bjork is damages goods.
DollahBillzYo!
I just took a dump after morning coffee. Figured something of substance should populate this thread.

That is all.
isotaptx
AG
How is he a retread who has been given a lifetime of opportunities? He's one of the youngest guys in the field (at one time he was THE youngest), and he's moved up in both title and caliber of university/athletic department with each new job.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
At least we didn't hire Jason Cook.
Cynic
So many overreactions. The sports that matter have good coaches right now so its not like hes going to do much.
Meximan
Buford T. Justice said:

This just proves to me that once you reach a certain level as a collegiate athletics officer, you are granted a lifetime of opportunities as a retread. Very similar to the position of head coach in professional sports.

I cannot get over how dumb of a hire this was. This may be the final nail the coffin that contains my give a damn for Aggie athletics.

Thanks for forfeiting your right to celebrate when Jimbo brings home a trophy; leaves more party for the rest of us!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Pathetic

You don't know squat. Log off for a while.
Bill Superman
AG

He doubled the athletic department income at ole miss during his tenure.

What do y'all think our board of regents cares about?
WC94
AG
Quote:

Tobias Funke 7:03a
Pathetic is being a baby on the internet and then replying to your own baby thread

I bet the 1 blue star was also his.
Tamu_mgm
AG
A lot of people that have very little knowledge of what it takes to be a good AD think this is underwhelming based on the school he was at before. However, based on doing his job as Athletic Director, this seems like a solid hire. Jimbo of course had input in this.
30wedge
Bill Superman said:

I remember I used to mow the yard for Mrs. Davis for $1.50 and then I went up to $3.00.

Don't know much about the guy, guess we will have to see what he does here.
BanderaAg956
Bill Superman said:

Bingo - look for $34.00 Chicken Wraps near you soon!
technoviking
AG
drevans956 said:

Bill Superman said:

Bingo - look for $34.00 Chicken Wraps near you soon!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This thread is two hours old, the OP has posted three additional times...and has yet to give even the slightest reasoning for his original posting.

OP: "This hire sucks!"
Texags: "Why?"
OP: "Shut up!"
LesterHaze

AD hires can't be judged before they get some time on the job. They operate behind the scenes and there are too many work environment dynamics not made public. I thought Hyman was a brilliant hire and the guy didn't do anything. I thought Woodward was a crony hire and he turned out really good.

Give the guy a chance.
W
AG
this was certainly a quick hire.

and a very quiet hire.

wonder if some folks looked at the situation at t.u. with Perrin...and decided it was best to move quickly and only have an interim A.D. for a few weeks
goodAg80
AG
**********zYo! said:

I just took a dump after morning coffee. Figured something of substance should populate this thread.

That is all.
So you took a dump on this thread too.
Stumpknocker
OMG! We hired a Swedish AD. What's next...pregame music from ABBA?
South Platte
The guy is well-respected in the industry. It's a good hire. The best AD's stay out of the way . . . this is what he does . . .
BostonAg74
Maybe he was the only guy who checked the box, "Can work with John Sharp". Beggars can't be choosers. Give him a chance.
technoviking
AG
South Platte said:

The guy is well-respected in the industry. It's a good hire. The best AD's stay out of the way . . . this is what he does . . .

South Platte. I'm genuinely curious what your take is on the future of Gary Patterson now
95_Aggie
AG
Since TexAgs is pissed off, that must mean it is a great hire!
Born Maroon
AG
Canvasback
AG
Tobias Funke said:

old yeller
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Please let this be the "final nail in the coffin" and then stop sharing your opinions on TexAgs. That would make the hire completely worthwhile.
nosoupforyou
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Pathetic
Shoefly!
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Pathetic

Buford T only time will tell, I'm sure when you hired out with your new job there were naysayers that commented to others, boy what a pathetic hire. But I bet you have proven them wrong, correct?
I figure if Jimbo was involved in the hire, I'm going to chill and watch this plan all play out.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.