Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Elko is staying

15,616 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by greg.w.h
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
Good luck Lou!
Tamu_mgm
AG
Glad to see it is official. Thank goodness we are keeping Elko at least for one more year.
Mythotbetterthanyours
Were you ever really in doubt?
pv
ironmanag
AG
Elko was never leaving
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
TexanJeff
AG
I would have liked it better if he was Aranda
AG
ironmanag said:

Elko was never leaving

I'd be willing to bet if he was offered an NFL DC position at twice the salary, he would've taken it.
HoustonAg2106
AG
4 said:

ironmanag said:

Elko was never leaving

I'd be willing to bet if he was offered an NFL DC position at twice the salary, he would've taken it.
NFl coordinators don't make over $3 million, especially ones without NFL experience.
TxAg76
AG
insert Ric Flair "whooo!" .gif here....
vander54
S
4 said:

ironmanag said:

Elko was never leaving

I guarantee that would never happen.
World's worst proofreader
vander54
S
HoustonAg2106 said:

4 said:

ironmanag said:

Elko was never leaving

NFl coordinators don't make over $3 million, especially ones without NFL experience.

It would be $4+ million
Emilio Fantastico
AG
With what we are paying Elko as a DC, he won't be leaving until a quality P5 HC position opens.

He doesn't need to jump at the first thing that comes along.
Goro Majima
AG
I'm not for sure, but I feel like NFL DCs don't make the kind of money we pay and are capable of paying Elko.
AggFan41
Not to be a negative nelly but uh...I couldn't tell you who the OC is for LSU, 72 points. Jimbo put up 74 on Aranda, we should be poaching Aranda and not worry to much about whether Elko is staying.

But next year maybe different?
Jason Ag
AG
vander54
S
AggFan41 said:

Not to be a negative nelly but uh...I couldn't tell you who the OC is for LSU, 72 points. Jimbo put up 74 on Aranda, we should be poaching Aranda and not worry to much about whether Elko is staying.

Uh........
ashley
Goro Majima said:

I'm not for sure, but I feel like NFL DCs don't make the kind of money we pay and are capable of paying Elko.

Some do. But you most assuredly take yourself out of ever getting a head college job.
vander54
S
ashley said:

Goro Majima said:

Some do. But you most assuredly take yourself out of ever getting a head college job.

Who makes $2+ million dollars a year?
technoviking
AG
AggFan41 said:

AggFan41
vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

Guess I've got to spell it out.......I trust Jimbo as OC to hang 74 on any DC with the offense actually executing. A no name OC hanging 72 on a Elko defense with as much talent on the defensive front that we had last year says something.
vander54
S
AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

Guess I've got to spell it out.......I trust Jimbo as OC to hang 74 on any DC with the offense actually executing. A no name OC hanging 72 on a Elko defense with as much talent on the defensive front that we had last year says something.

I know what you were saying, that doesn't mean it makes any sense. 7 OT, 31-31 at the end of 4 quarters. LSU had the 37th best scoring offense. They were a very good offensive team
AgfromHOU
AG
Let's not act like it took 7 OT to get there. It wasn't like they scored 72 in regulation. It was 31-31, and the defense had given up 24 of those points (and LSU had a short field for their FG).
AggFan41
vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

I know what you were saying, that doesn't mean it makes any sense. 7 OT, 31-31 at the end of 4 quarters. LSU had the 37th best scoring offense. They were a very good offensive team

Spavital could of coached LSU to a 37th ranked offense at LSU. Elko should of schemed against the talent of LSU and not simply an Elko scheme. Clemson did it to bama, and Bama shut LSU out.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
AggFan41 said:

You do realize the game went to 7 OTs right? And that in regulation the defense gave up 24. Or are you on the spectrum?
SportAggie
AG
AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

Does it say: "Offenses are given a massive advatage in CFB overtimes?"
HoustonAg2106
AG
SportAggie said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

Does it say: "Offenses are given a massive advatage in CFB overtimes?"

Well since they start every drive on the 25 yard line, yes
AggFan41
txaggiefarmer05 said:

AggFan41 said:

You do realize the game went to 7 OTs right? And that in regulation the defense gave up 24. Or are you on the spectrum?
sorry I don't get on Texags on home internet, let phone carrier deal with zoo sewage. Haha that was funny, but just saying elko isn't the end all and aranda might be fools gold with the talent of LSU, but Aranda seems like a better DC, marginally.
vander54
S
AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

Spavital could of coached LSU to a 37th ranked offense at LSU. Elko should of schemed against the talent of LSU and not simply an Elko scheme. Clemson did it to bama, and Bama shut LSU out.

So we are Bama and Clemson level already. No wonder you are disappointed. In the 2 previous years we gave up 45 and 54 in regulation. We held them to 31 points in regulation and that is with gifting them a 58 yard fumble returned for a TD.
technoviking
AG
AggFan41
vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

So we are Bama and Clemson level already. No wonder you are disappointed. In the 2 previous years we gave up 45 and 54 in regulation. We held them to 31 points in regulation and that is with gifting them a 58 yard fumble returned for a TD.

LSU lost to 3 teams.

Florida
Bama
A&M

What did Aranda do different against Mississippi st and Auburn?

Just saying, let's not puff Elko so much, happened with Chavis and he had way more talent.
vander54
S
AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

LSU lost to 3 teams.

Florida
Bama
A&M

Just saying, let's not puff Elko so much, happened with Chavis and he had way more talent.

Their offense didn't **** the bed.
technoviking
AG
AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

LSU lost to 3 teams.

Florida
Bama
A&M

AggFan41
vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

LSU lost to 3 teams.

Florida
Bama
A&M

um pretty sure A&M had the lead against Auburn most of the game, State had a decent defense but the their QB threw for 200+ after not throwing all year.
vander54
S
AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

vander54 said:

AggFan41 said:

Uh........

LSU lost to 3 teams.

Florida
Bama
A&M

um pretty sure A&M had the lead against Auburn most of the game, State had a decent defense but the their QB threw for 200+ after not throwing all year.

We had the lead against both and in the fourth quarter our offense disappeared. Mond made some idiotic mistakes and we lost the games. We held both to 28 pints and MSU scored on a big play at the end of the game.

I don't even know why I am arguing with you. You clearly either did not watch us play or your football IQ is too low to comprehend.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.