Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Zach Evans brother's tweet

24,629 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by longeryak
HoustonAggie37713
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do we feel good about landing Zach Evans? I mean the #1 player in the nation is 90 mins away, seems like a big deal.
JoeAggie5
Yes we want Zach Evans, we want him to do very well here, and we want to reopen the pipeline that is North Shore. It's been 10-20+ years since we had a kid from North Shore.
Coward Jimbo
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Do we feel good about landing Zach Evans? I mean the #1 player in the nation is 90 mins away, seems like a big deal.
There was an aggieyell interview from last weekend that is on youtube, and he mentioned Clemson, Georgia, blowU, Bama, and the sips. Not us
HoustonAggie37713
pv
Savior Jimbo said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

There was an aggieyell interview from last weekend that is on youtube, and he mentioned Clemson, Georgia, blowU, Bama, and the sips. Not us

Welp...this is not good
DSAG
Jack Cheese said:

ironmanag said:

It is a sip twitter war. Sips posing as Ags bad mouthing the brother.

They will do anything to win this one.

And some of you want to bring that cancer back into our lives.

THIS. Never again.

Look, it's purely a business decision. They chose to make it all about business when they signed their own network deal and tried to swing their dicks around the rest of the conference. It used to be about rivalry, but they spoiled it.

In business you try to crush your competitors and put them OUT OF BUSINESS.... bankrupt them.

So everyone saying that renewing the rivalry would benefit A&M also - no. It benefits tu's pathetic home schedule FAR more than it would benefit us. It would be grossly inequitable because they need it so much more.

Even if it was "mutually beneficial" (which it isn't), that's not how you crush the competition in business. You put them out of business.
I don't see any reason to schedule them.
We could meet in the playoffs next year. HeHe.
Tamu_mgm
AG
pv said:

Savior Jimbo said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Welp...this is not good
Geez, everyone step away from the cliff. There is a LONG way to go before this kid signs anywhere, and Jimbo has always done very well signing great RBs. This kid's decision in all likelihood will go down to the very last minute of the process, and one thing I've learned is to never count Jimbo out on a recruiting battle. The kid hasn't even visited A&M this year yet. Let our coaching staff get him on campus before determining where this kid's head is at.
Kill Switch
Emilio Fantastico said:

Are you just now realizing that is exactly what you deal with when you get involved with that crowd from Austin?
As much as I like pointing out the total ******s up in Austin, I've been lurking on this forum long enough to know that we have our own problem with ******s.

So does Bama, lsu, tosu, and every fan base out there. We are in a conference full of ******s, but that is what you get when you play big time college football, you have to endure the good with the bad.
dixichkn
AG
If we get Hornsby and Demas 100% on board, I suspect that might make things a little more enticing. There's months to go......
decent looking Ag
How old is Zach's brother? Sounds like he's about 13.
SBDavis87
AG
This running back has great vision and speed, those are powerful attributes for getting yardage and touchdowns.

I can see why he is a 5-star. Hope he chooses A&M.

He isn't Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Elroy Falke, and will certainly never be Billy Sims but he is a very good back.

I only saw a couple of plays in the highlight film where he had anyone not getting pounded by that awesome offensive line, that could challenge him in the backfield. Most of the time the video shows plays where he doesn't get touched until 10 yards down the field and on one he goes 70 yards up the middle and was NOT touched.
That is great, but the names of Texas backs I mentioned were great because it didn't matter if they had that kind of help or not.

He'll be great but just can't see a generational back unless he gains 2" 25lb and maintains that speed this year, so don't worry about running back A&M has always had that position well covered. Hope he makes the right choice for him...

This 20 year North Shore thing needs to be a tradition that is abolished. Whatever is going on, hopefully it ends.
technoviking
AG
McClellan or McGowan and Adams.
longeryak
SBDavis87 said:

He isn't Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Elroy Falke, and will certainly never be Billy Sims but he is a very good back.

He's the best power back in state since AP. There is one these guys every 15-20 years.
SBDavis87
AG
longeryak said:

SBDavis87 said:

He's the best power back in state since AP. There is one these guys every 15-20 years.

You may be correct but to make that claim you must have seen several of their games, which I did not....because he doesn't weigh 230, is only 6' and I didn't see very many "power-back" moves in the highlight video.

He doesn't have a single run where he runs over a linebacker - let's be honest, a once every 20 year back just blasts through linebackers on their highlight film.
That is what I was most proud of when I ran the ball in high school, it's just there weren't enough linebackers small enough for me to run over....had to find them on the JV.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Kill Switch said:

Jimbo has a job to do, don't make it tougher by talking to athletes or their family. Sometimes our fan base is it's own worse enemy.

Why we think we can offer a BS remark to a family member and then get offended when that recruit blows us off? Are we really that dense? Seriously, there is literally nothing anyone on this board can say to a recruit that can convince them to go to A&M, but there is a lot you can do to push them the other direction.

Kill Switch is a sip. Stop replying and flag his posts.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Longeryak is a sip. Flag his posts and ignore.
HUDAT361
Kill Switch said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

Are you just now realizing that is exactly what you deal with when you get involved with that crowd from Austin?
As much as I like pointing out the total ******s up in Austin, I've been lurking on this forum long enough to know that we have our own problem with ******s.

So does Bama, lsu, tosu, and every fan base out there. We are in a conference full of ******s, but that is what you get when you play big time college football, you have to endure the good with the bad.

You've only been lurking for a year. Get outta here sip.
Aggiejackie
who was the last player we got out of North Shore?
infinity ag
I last checked Evans a month or so ago, and we were on top. Now it is Texas?

Aggiejackie
do not worry, that is complete bull**** by pizza boy. Jimbo talks to Zach every week, I think once Hornsby pulls the trigger on us, we have a very clear shot on getting Evans.
AG
Those stupid CBs are literally worthless.

Demas still shows 80% to tu and he's been committed to us for 6 months.

Those morons pretty much just predict every kid they want to the school they support.
HUDAT361
Aggiejackie said:

do not worry, that is complete bull**** by pizza boy. Jimbo talks to Zach every week, I think once Hornsby pulls the trigger on us, we have a very clear shot on getting Evans.

Horns got Zach's brother pretty much committed. There may be some influence there but it does not currently bold well for us as his bro sides with horns. He'll be absorbing whatever the horns throws at him.
Aggiejackie
if that is the case, do not fear. There are plenty of talented backs in the state of Texas.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Call me uninformed. Or ignorant or whatever you'd like.

If I was a HS standout running back in Texas, I would rather play Bama, Auburn, LSU, and do so on national television every Saturday.

But then again, I am not a HS standout running back in Texas.

I guess I am out of touch with the younger generation.
longeryak
SBDavis87 said:

longeryak said:

SBDavis87 said:

You may be correct but to make that claim you must have seen several of their games, which I did not....because he doesn't weigh 230, is only 6' and I didn't see very many "power-back" moves in the highlight video.

He doesn't have a single run where he runs over a linebacker - let's be honest, a once every 20 year back just blasts through linebackers on their highlight film.
That is what I was most proud of when I ran the ball in high school, it's just there weren't enough linebackers small enough for me to run over....had to find them on the JV.
AP was 6'1" and 217lbs at the NFL combine. Evans was 6' 213lbs before his HS junior year at last summer's The Opening.

AP squatting 700lbs at 25 years old-

Zach Evans squatting 605lbs at 17 years old. https://usatodayhss.com/2019/video-watch-no-1-overall-2020-football-recruit-zach-evans-squat-605-pounds
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.