Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Staff Please ban use of tu ref photo

15,943 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by valvemonkey91
Z Team
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I make the case for deletion of the photo of the tu ref that gets posted in every discussion about renewing playing tu for the following reasons.

1)It shows up in EVERY thread and inserted like the ace of spades trump card. Like it ends the whole discussion, yet it is the weakest point and makes A&M look weak. To say we can't play tu ever again because there is A ref out there who attended tu is so pathetic imo.

2)There is no teasip who sees that pic and doesn't laugh at us for being pansies and then secretly think about how they can get more teasip refs. It doesn't take a genius' to make sure if we play them that none of the refs can have ties to either school. It also looks like we are just jealous because there is not one Aggie who wouldn't love the pic if he was wearing a maroon aggie shirt. We would be ruthless in bashing their horns off if they complained about our Aggie ref, telling them to go get their own if they don't like it. We would find it hilarious to see the photo of an Aggie ref show up on their crappy boards with them crying about it.

3)This isn't a new issue, it's been around FOREVER as a possibility and yet now...now it is a reason we CAN'T play them. Stupid. It's a wonder any teams ever play a rivalry game with the potential for getting homer refs.

4)It derails any real discussion about whether or not we should play them, because it proves "They cheat and can't be trusted."

5)Throw any illustrations to a marriage out as well, because we don't make any pretense about anything but an undying hatred for all things burnt orange. It's related to the photo because they act like the photo proves we can't enter into a long term relationship with them because "They cheat and can't be trusted". Never marry a known cheater. This is weakness and makes us look so pathetic.

That said, I am not saying we should play the game again, but STOP making those that aren't scared of a ref that attended tu, vomit in our mouths every single thread.

As old Ags used to say "Back when men were men and Aggies were too."
/rant

Star this post if you can't stand the d*** pic either.
If you love using the pic as a major proof for not playing tu ever again, flame away as I did my best to help ya.
FriscoKid
AG
Feel better?
PooDoo
AG
cevans_40
AG
Using your wife's info to get an Ag tag
Post removed:
by user
Flashdiaz
AG
don't play the game and there will be no issues worrying about refs.

pics don't bother me and we shouldn't try to filter history.

and no, i'm not starring *****
Alpha Texan
AG
I report it for spam every time I see it.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Phantom PI

OP dumb.

Delete it all
HoustonAg2106
AG
PooDoo said:

Meh, same thing happened when we played Mississippi State...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2016/11/05/video-referee-pumping-fist-mississippi-state-touchdown
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Z Team said:

4)It derails any real discussion about whether or not we should play them, because it proves "They cheat and can't be trusted."

Well, that is a fact.... So since you seem to want to have those fools back in your life, I can see why it bothers you so much.

chipotle
I'll post that photo in the food board. Don't ever tell me what to do.
Meximan
All In Ags is the user who keeps posting the tu pics.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Queuing pic in 3, 2, 1...
Tobias Funke
AG
It's the same weird guy posting it every time, even when it's not relevant. And I agree it's obnoxious and pathetic
Hamburger Dan
The photo is a reminder. I like it's subtilty.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Yes. They cheat. No, they can't be trusted.

Why would you not want people to know this.
ironmanag
AG
Alpha Texan said:

I report it for spam every time I see it.
Then you are foolish.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
AG
Clearly some if you need reminding.

I say post it permanently to the front page of TA.
Ag1985
tl;dr
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Imagine having enough time in your day to write a post that long
UnderTheHillAg
Anyone who asks staff to put a ban on anything that isn't racially charged or overtly bigoted is a *****
Whaler
AG
I like the pic, and think its inclusion should be mandatory on any thread about tu.
TyperWoods
LOL at OP asserting discussion takes place here.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TyperWoods said:

LOL at OP asserting discussion takes place here.

Yeah, it's usually me giving a bunch of logical reasons on why we should play Texas and why the sips/Aggies reasons for not playing each other (they are the exact same) are all illogical.

Then I get called a *****, a bad Aggie, a bunch of insults and misrepresentations of my position, people saying "skeered," as if they are REALLY getting me (or as if I have actually ever used that word, which, today would be the first time), and it ends with a mod banning me for continuing to respond to these insults.
ELGINAG
AG
OP really racking up the stars. Pity we can't take away stars.
PooDoo
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

PooDoo said:

Meh, same thing happened when we played Mississippi State...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2016/11/05/video-referee-pumping-fist-mississippi-state-touchdown

Not even close to the same signal, motion, or situation.
Actual Talking Thermos
I'm kind of impressed that refs usually manage NOT to fist pump or otherwise display obvious enthusiasm when big plays happen right in front of them, regardless of which team is the beneficiary. If I was out there and someone made a huge catch or a massive sack or hurdled a defender right in front of me it'd probably take everything I had not to start shouting like Gus Johnson.
WC94
AG
"Those who don't learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"
chevy con queso
AG
How about we just stop starting threads about t.u. every 5 minutes?
TMF
AG
SEC has done the same to us. Bama and all the targeting calls against the team that is playing Bama next. Horse collar, off sides. I don't think bias has been solved by moving to the SEC. I don't think we should play them bc they chose not to play us when we announced to move conferences. They thought we would suffer. Now they see we are benefiting and that they can could benefit too. They are trying to attach themselves to us since big 12 only has 1 other good team in that ****ty football conference. That should be evident they need us. I would like to play them for fun, but smart business decision says no.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Staff, please ban OP
APHIS AG
4 said:

Clearly some if you need reminding.

I say post it permanently to the front page of TA.
It is not that they need reminding, it is that they want to ignore it.
AG
Well that's even worse.

But you can't overcome dumb.
Bonfire1996
AG
The pic needs to continue to be posted because no one on this thread has stated who the referee in question was. Meaning, how many of you knew he was a psycho horn fan with over 1,000 posts on Old Rivalries?. That is the level of distrust that should be expressed.

Or the story about Randy Chrystal and John Bible kissing the longhorn ring to continue to get to ump SWC baseball games. Think they didn't know where their bread was buttered as they ran two of the six Big 12 referee crews in football? How many of you know that story?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.