Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would you go to the game if your hotel was 9 miles away?

6,584 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by theeyetest
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got a previously booked trip to Cupertino on Monday, will arrive by noon.

I hadn't put it together until this morning that Santa Clara, and specifically, Levi Stadium, host of the NC game on Monday, is 9 miles from my hotel.

Tickets are falling to very affordable prices (currently could get in the door for $130).

I'm going with a group from work, but most of them are not people I'd normally spend much time with outside of work.

If you were in that situation, would you go to the game alone? Or just enjoy it in the comfort of a nice quiet hotel room (which is also a nice option considering my house is full of kids)

Goldie Wilson
Go to the game. Sneak on to the sideline. Post pics.
mellison
AG
I'd go for $130.
p8aggie
AG
Will you ever have an opportunity to go again when it's that easy?
BenFiasco14
AG
Go. Take it all in.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
McGibblets
AG
How is this even a question?
aggiehawg
AG
McGibblets said:

How is this even a question?
I agree. Go to the damn game! Find out if any of your co-workers love college ball and go with them.
akm91
AG
I think game time is 5pm PT and traffic is pretty brutal at that time getting out of Cupertino. You'll want to get to the stadium by 3pm to avoid the traffic.

Definitely go to the game!
Roger Goodell
You already know the answer
AggieBill005
AG
EXCELL said:

Who wants to go and put money into California Liberalville pockets to watch Bama and Clemson and drop $2K per person (airfare, meals, ground transport, minimum mult-night hotel stays, etc etc etc) when you can watch it at home with 6 different replay angles and not get mugged except by your wife's cousin Charlie?

Re-read the OP ... dont think you understood the question.

ALSO, YES. Just as a sports fan, it might be the only opportunity for you to go to an NC game so easily (and affordably).

TexanJeff
AG
I would go for $130 and a 9 mile Uber ride
Hi, Im Brett
AG
this is how you humblebrag
Showstopper
AG
I would definitely go. You can tell a story about going to the game and people will legitimately be interested.

The story about watching it on your crappy hotel TV nine miles away? Yeah... not a great story.
DallasAg 94
Early in my career, i traveled a lot and I planned to go to any major sport I traveled to.

It didn't last long, as my work piled on, but I've gotten to see some really cool things. Even by myself. Saw the Danish National Futbol team play in Copenhagen. Just missed seeing FC Barcelona, as I was at the stadium, but didn't get to Will Call in time.

Go.
JWill2001
Bluecat,

I'm in the same boat. already flying in to SJC on Monday morning. None of the Californians are interested in paying to go see it. I'm considering going alone as well.
aggiehawg
AG
Take pictures and post on TexAgs during the game. You know where we'll be.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I find bowl environments sterile. The only one to ever hit the spot was JFF in the Cotton Bowl. I would save the money and time spent getting there and back.
halfastros81
AG
Ticket prices say it all imo.... never play the cfb championship in Cali again. Should just rotate the game site between Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston , and maybe Miami and you'll likely not have a ticket demand issue again.
Aero95
AG
Go
A is A
AG
just wait until next year when the Ags are in it
A is A
wbt5845
AG
Only issue is probably finding an Uber back to your hotel after the game. You might have to walk a bit to find a place to pull that off. I'd go - hell yeah.
Aggie
AG
Why would you not?

TMF
AG
Go in a heartbeat. Even by myself.
CapAmr05
AG
Absolutely you should go to that game, it's a chance to watch the championship in person!
Duckhook
AG
Jwill and Bluecat. Another successful TexAgs hookup?

Go to the game.
Lateralus Ag
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Early in my career, i traveled a lot and I planned to go to any major sport I traveled to.

It didn't last long, as my work piled on, but I've gotten to see some really cool things. Even by myself. Saw the Danish National Futbol team play in Copenhagen. Just missed seeing FC Barcelona, as I was at the stadium, but didn't get to Will Call in time.

Go.

You said cool things. Soccer is not cool. Sorry bro.
TXAggie2011
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I find bowl environments sterile. The only one to ever hit the spot was JFF in the Cotton Bowl. I would save the money and time spent getting there and back.
I've had a great time at some bowls, and that place will be absolutely rocking.

If you most of your experiences have been many of the recent A&M bowls, or other lower-tier stuff then yeah, its not going to be the best environment.

FtBendTxAg
AG
I'd go by myself man. Seems too easy.

But that's basically the only scanario in which I'd do it. Pure convenience/affordable pricing.
zephyr88
AG
Spaulding
Game in Cali is a terrible choice and with the time difference forcing an early it makes it even harder for the few local cfb fans to make the game.
yell_on_6th st
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Go.

Were there obnoxious kids with horns blowing on them? Did you punch them in the face at the game you went to?
bigfoot10s
AG
EXCELL said:

Who wants to go and put money into California Liberalville pockets to watch Bama and Clemson and drop $2K per person (airfare, meals, ground transport, minimum mult-night hotel stays, etc etc etc) when you can watch it at home with 6 different replay angles and not get mugged except by your wife's cousin Charlie?

Did you even read the OP??
Showstopper
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I've had a great time at some bowls, and that place will be absolutely rocking.

If you most of your experiences have been many of the recent A&M bowls, or other lower-tier stuff then yeah, its not going to be the best environment.

yeah I really don't think you can say "I went to the Texas Bowl and Liberty Bowl and those were poor environments so I think the national title game will also be sterile."

Plus, it will still be far less sterile than the super bowl which gives very few tickets to fans of the teams, and $130 bucks is a whole lot less than a super bowl ticket.

I mean, that's only a little more than we charge for a crappy ticket against random FCS teams.
oneeyedag
I was thinking how much Dabo and Saban are going to have to give kommifornia in taxes alone. Not to mention the prices etc of staying in that craphole state.

The NCAA is beyond pathetic to have anything but the traditional rose bowl in kommifornia.

But to answer the question posed, it's silly to even have to ask a forum when 10 outta 10 when go...even by ourselves.
JayAggie
AG
I would go. Will never be that close and cheap again.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.