Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

anyone not going to the game because of the cold weather?

8,973 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chevy con queso
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol Army 01 said:

Weather has nothing to do with it; poor attendance will be due to a $ hitty offense.

Let's be fair. It may also be because of the $ hitty secondary.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
sharpdressedman
JaySugar said:

I'm taking the family, but worried about it being too cold for the kids.
windchill will be 40 and there is possible rain.

Legitimate question, particularly if the kids are very young. I suggest y'all dress warmly, take light rain gear, and don't hesitate to leave if it becomes more discomforting than fun for the kids.
Waterski02
AG
Raise your kids to get cold. It was 12 this morning when I dropped them off and they wanted to know why they couldn't play outside. They are kids, toughfen them up.
SquawkITag
AG
Frito pie, and a blanket you sissy!
Madman
AG
Literally the same weather as a good summer day in Scotland.

I'm going in shorts.
30wedge
Bring on the cold. I will be in a deer stand.
BenFiasco14
AG
JaySugar said:

Grow a pear.

However, this game will be low attendance. 11 am kick, sheety weather, and bad on field product (as usual). Not to mention Ole Miss' offense is gonna light up our secondary for 60 minutes. Could be a beat down.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Wait..... 40s is cold?
McInnis80
Great story. When my kids were in elementary school in Chicago they had outside recess unless the temp was below zero. I understand not going due to a bad team but not cool weather.
agz win
AG
Plus, just found out my favorite bartender will be out of town on vacation so even my pre-game bloody marys won't be as stellar.

The Lost
I'll be at the ND game where its supposed to snow friday night/saturday morning with a high of 33... and that wont be the coldest game i've ever attended.

Cold > excessively hot. Just put on a bunch of layer and take hand warmers/toe warmers and you're set. It isn't hard.
King
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

All the blue parachutes for you. Well done

mjhhawk
Wow as an Aggie fan from the Northeast part of the country this just made me sad. I've never heard wind chill used to describe a temp above zero before....
BillyBob79
AG
With a shout out to Love Gun for stating the obvious (user name checks out), how is it that this thread is over one page and no one has asked the OP if he is afraid that he is going to melt in the rain???
King
AG
Question. Are we allowed to take a blanket into the stadium?
Asking for a friend
Leander - Ag
AG
millennial's
Aggie
AG
mjhhawk said:

Wow as an Aggie fan from the Northeast part of the country this just made me sad. I've never heard wind chill used to describe a temp above zero before....

In other news
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/08/27/extreme-heat-closing-northeast-back-to-school

Yeah
mjhhawk
Aggie said:

mjhhawk said:

In other news
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/08/27/extreme-heat-closing-northeast-back-to-school

Yeah
Well played. No doubt most people up here can't handle the heat. I would have went to school though!! And I'd expect a sip to miss a game because the wind chill is in the 40's not an Ag!
aggiedad20
Battered Aggie 80 said:

I am a 60 year old skinny chick with a cold who is driving from Midland for this freezing game! Meeting 11 other old grads flying in from several locations and taking 2 younger newbies to their first game! Going to Midnight Yell and standing in the second row of the student section by the FTAB all game yelling my head off! Suck it up Buttercups! Bundle up and grow a Pear (all in good fun)! Hope to see y'all there!! Personally I can't wait! First game at Kyle for me in 14 years! Never missed a home game as a student except Thanksgiving when I was unreasonably expected home for turkey!

Janie B

Class of '80 Civil Engineering
I know, no Ag Tag. Guess I better figure out how to set that up, unless y'all run me off!

They ain't making em like her anymore...

Gig'em
agz win
AG
Battered Aggie 80 said:

I am a 60 year old skinny chick with a cold who is driving from Midland for this freezing game! Meeting 11 other old grads flying in from several locations and taking 2 younger newbies to their first game! Going to Midnight Yell and standing in the second row of the student section by the FTAB all game yelling my head off! Suck it up Buttercups! Bundle up and grow a Pear (all in good fun)! Hope to see y'all there!! Personally I can't wait! First game at Kyle for me in 14 years! Never missed a home game as a student except Thanksgiving when I was unreasonably expected home for turkey!

Janie B

Class of '80 Civil Engineering
I know, no Ag Tag. Guess I better figure out how to set that up, unless y'all run me off!

Good bull! 14 years is way too long! You will be shocked at how much has changed on campus and in Kyle. Check out the Game Day site link below and be on top of the rules.

https://gameday.12thman.com/

Gates open 1.50 hours before kickoff, no longer 2.0 hours.

Corps marches 1.50 hours before kickoff.

The Spirit is now sung just before the entrance of the team - try to be in your seat 30 minutes before kickoff so you can take it all in before The Spirit. Teams will be warming up.

Be sure to walk through the new MSC. See the Corps Museum. Visit the Bonfire Memorial.

See the new hotel across the street from The Zone. They have the Bar T Lounge open to the public on the second floor. Cold beer, good bloodys, and a breakfast - if needed.

Hope you get to walk/drive around and see all the new stuff on campus.

Drive safely and have a great time!

Gig'em!

bonfiresmoke
I am not going because of my grandson's birthday in Shreveport. I have a gift for my daughter. I am giving her a framed copy of the 2019 schedule with a reminder not to schedule any events on home game weekends or during game time of away games. I am sure she will love it.
Meximan
It ain't cold 'til there's ice on the ground.
Meximan
...*******.
Meximan
sharpdressedman said:

JaySugar said:

Legitimate question, particularly if the kids are very young. I suggest y'all dress warmly, take light rain gear, and don't hesitate to leave if it becomes more discomforting than fun for the kids.

Maybe, but when I was that young we bundled up and played outside all day long. Dress warm, don't be dumb, everybody'll be fine.
Sananag
JPK89 said:

And the pussification of our country continues
amen
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Dr.HeadCase said:

I'll be in Rome. Sunny and 70 degrees.

I'm in Puerto Rico, an overall ****hole but with beautiful beaches
The Fall Guy
AG
Wife, son, and myself going.

Wife doesn't like the cold but I am getting her prepared for comfort. She will.be bundled up like a tick but she is 5'2 and 112 pounds.

Son is wearing shorts, Aggie Hoodie. Can't change a 14 year olds mind.

agz win
AG
Rains are moving out now and won't be a factor in the morning or during the game.

Woo. I'm feeling better now. Looking forward to pit stop for pastries at Roan's Prairie on the way into town.
usmcbrooks
I was going to go deer hunting tomorrow morning but it is supposed to be in the 30's. Anybody skipping and staying in their warm bed?
milner79
This just in ...

chevy con queso
AG
Aggie said:

I'm sure there will be some that stay away.

It's forecasted low 50's so windchill will be upper 40's and will be overcast/ possible light rain.

Over the last 5 years we have had only 3 games at Kyle Field kick with the temperature below 60.
2016 UTSA
2014 Mizzou
2014 ULM

The 2016 UTSA and 2014 ULM games were cool but both those days were crystal clear with plenty of sunshine.
2014 Mizzou was night game with rain
So consider the factors this could the 2nd coldest game at Kyle Field in last 5 years.

Me personally I love colder weather games

2014 Mizzou sucked so bad. We were 3rd deck of the Zone near the alumni side. Rainy, cold, terrible game. The Tigers near us laughed at us in jest when we arrived at our seats, and commented at how overdressed for the weather we were. Yeah, you bet they were quiet as hell and shivering cold by halftime.

Then we walked 2 miles back to my house after the game. My boots and legs were completely soaked, and my feet were numb. Never can bring enough gear when it's wet and cold and you're up that high standing.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.