Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jack Tuttle

6,062 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oldschool87
mjhhawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm happy with our QB situation right now as Mond gets better seemingly weekly, I still believe Starkle can throw, Foster and Calzada both seem to have tons of potential.

But I just came across this on another website:

Utah freshman QB Jack Tuttle will transfer.

This stunner is being reported by multiple outlets. Tuttle is the highest-rated quarterback recruit to ever sign with Utah. A four star-recruit and No. 8 pro-style QB in the country coming out, Tuttle has not appeared in any of Utah's six games. In August, he lost out to redshirt freshman Jason Shelley in the battle for backup duties behind second-year starter Tyler Huntley. Huntley will return next year to (presumably) be backed up by Shelley. Tuttle, from Southern California, could, according to 247Sports, now look into Ohio State, Duke, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and West Virginia. At one time he also held offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, LSU, Nebraska, USC and Wisconsin. He'll likely have to sit out next season and lose a year's eligibility.

Does anyone know anything about him? Why would we be mentioned with our QB situation seems pretty solid?
ironmanag
AG
We will likely lose Starkle, and could lose Blumrick.

According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
class12of
class12of
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw
Wanting to transfer so quickly is a red flag.
Dr Lane Trowlan
I'll pass. We've been down this road before with whiny freshmen QBs that think they're entitled to the starting job.

Agvet12
AG
Foster is better than people think, he was in the hunt for the No1 spot in fall camp... we have 2 studs coming this year and next

Trust in Jimbo, he made Jamarcus Russell a 1st round pick....
TexanJeff
AG
0.02% chance he ends up here in my estimation
Bill Superman
AG
Who transfers to be third string?

He's not coming here
TexasLeaguer
AG
Third string QB for Utah. Do not want.
Stone44
AG
ironmanag said:

We will likely lose Starkle, and could lose Blumrick.

So what.
AgfromHOU
AG
If he does I won't have to cringe when people spell his name like that
CatmanBoo
mjhhawk said:

I'm happy with our QB situation right now as Mond gets better seemingly weekly, I still believe Starkle can throw, Foster and Calzada both seem to have tons of potential.

This stunner is being reported by multiple outlets. Tuttle is the highest-rated quarterback recruit to ever sign with Utah. A four star-recruit and No. 8 pro-style QB in the country coming out, Tuttle has not appeared in any of Utah's six games. In August, he lost out to redshirt freshman Jason Shelley in the battle for backup duties behind second-year starter Tyler Huntley. Huntley will return next year to (presumably) be backed up by Shelley. Tuttle, from Southern California, could, according to 247Sports, now look into Ohio State, Duke, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and West Virginia. At one time he also held offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, LSU, Nebraska, USC and Wisconsin. He'll likely have to sit out next season and lose a year's eligibility.

Does anyone know anything about him? Why would we be mentioned with our QB situation seems pretty solid?

Solid? SOLID???!!
aeon-ag
mjhhawk said:

I see no improvement in Mond, I fail to see what the difference from the first game he started last year to the end of the SC game. He is slow to find receivers, he has itchy feet and too ready to run, he can't step up in the pocket for protection, and someone please coach him how to throw the ball away when h's about to get sacked!
Tuttle can keep on looking, I'd will say Id rather have Mond or Starkel rather than a cry baby who can't stand competition. I hear SFA is looking for a good quartback!
Dread Pirate Roberts
He should go to Arkansas. I assume Kelly Bryant will end up there and start in 2019. Tuttle could then fight for the starting job in 2020.

That would also give him a great chance to watch A&M win its first of many national championships under Jimbo!
mjhhawk
In my opinion our QB situation is solid. Mond is very young and inexperienced. His improvement across the board is shown in stats and wins (completion percentage, YPA, TD/Int ratio, QB Rating, etc.... all MUCH better). His still makes plays with his feet. He is not Tua or Fromm. But he's pretty damn good for a true sophomore. His trajectory actually reminds me the most of Vince Young as much as I hate to say that name. Played before he was ready as a freshman and couldn't throw. Showed improvement as a sophomore. Hopefully his junior year is also much better.
Agsrback12
Agvet12 said:

Foster is better than people think, he was in the hunt for the No1 spot in fall camp... we have 2 studs coming this year and next

This cannot be said enough.
swc93
AG
Agsrback12 said:

Agvet12 said:

This cannot be said enough
whoop91
AG
swc93 said:

Agsrback12 said:

Agvet12 said:

Say it again.
TwoMarksHand
AG
whoop91 said:

swc93 said:

Agsrback12 said:

Agvet12 said:

Say it again.
Said enough, this cannot be.
akm91
AG
Agvet12 said:

Trust in Jimbo, he made Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, EJ Manuel and Jameis Winston into 1st round picks....
FIFY
C Loves L
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Wanting to transfer so quickly is a red flag.

This is 2018. Not 2008
GSPag`
Agvet12 said:

Jimbo helped him to become the 1st overall pick as a 21-4 college record QB
beerad12man
AG
aeon-ag said:

mjhhawk said:

I see no improvement in Mond, I fail to see what the difference from the first game he started last year to the end of the SC game. He is slow to find receivers, he has itchy feet and too ready to run, he can't step up in the pocket for protection, and someone please coach him how to throw the ball away when h's about to get sacked!
Tuttle can keep on looking, I'd will say Id rather have Mond or Starkel rather than a cry baby who can't stand competition. I hear SFA is looking for a good quartback!
He is a significantly better QB than last year.
txag72
AG
Quote:

I'm happy with our QB situation right now as Mond gets better seemingly weekly,....
You lost me right here.
Meximan
TwoMarksHand said:

whoop91 said:

swc93 said:

Agsrback12 said:

Agvet12 said:

Say it again.
Said enough, this cannot be.
Again it is said.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I see no improvement in Mond, I fail to see what the difference from the first game he started last year to the end of the SC game.

Go watch the Florida game from last year then go watch any game this year.

By the time Mond got benched, he was playing like a 1-read QB. This year, he recognizes coverage and blitzes most of the time. He can be too slow on the trigger, but he at least has some concept of what he is doing. Hopefully next year, the execution takes another leap forward.

Mond last year does not put 300 yards on SC.
txag72
AG
And Starkle did it last year. Just sayin'.
theeyetest
Why would want a 4-star who got beat out during fall camp by a second string QB?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

This is 2018. Not 2008

Some transfers need to happen. This one was premature.

Facts:

-Dude is a true fish
-Dude got beaten out by a junior, returning starter
-99% chance the HC will open up competition for the starting spot in 2020
-Viable chance he beats out RSFish for the #2 spot next year, once he has had a full year to learn
-Because he did not leave soon enough, transferring will cost him a year of eligibility
-(I assume he missed the window to transfer to a JUCO for the rest of the year)

My point is that QBs should not expect to play as true fish, and should not make decisions about their future without more time in the program.

The exception: (which does not apply to Our Hero) If a True Fish beats you out, time to transfer.
padreislandagfan
M*A*S*H. Season one had an empisode about a make believe savior named Capt TUTTLE.
Any relation?
tracer17
AG
This transfer would be a tuttle waste of time.
oldschool87
AG
I need a custom chopper built, anybody know who does that?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.