Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How Much Were Season Tickets in Old Army Days?

5,391 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wisdom
Class of 65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1966 $4 per ticket per game. 20 yard line seats average attendance 20,000 per game (I am guessing)
TAMU74
AG
I have 2 tickets from 1941 and 1961 vs texas that I'd like to post.
However, there is not any easy way to do that from what I can tell.
Regardless the tickets were $2.50 and $4.00
If someone can reply a simple way to post a picture, I'll be glad to do so.
The info on Texags made no sense and didn't work.
They are great looking tickets and have been graded by PSA.
Doc Hayworth
Back in 1968 my cousin and I sat in the end zone seats, which were general admission for $1 each.
Craigy
A friend and I went to the last SWC game ever. It was at Kyle Field vs tu. I believe I lost a coin flip with an old Ag for 2 seats about 30yd line East side for $100 for both. 1995
wbt5845
AG
MidTnAg said:

When I was in high school in the late 1950s, I dug weeds out of our Teague HS football field for a dollar an hour.

When I entered Texas A&M (the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas) in 1960, the minimum wage was still $1 an hour.

I doubt we even had season tickets. if we did, they had to be very very low in price compared to the current prices.

The fabulous Kyle Field was only a one deck U.

By the time I was teaching math, Gene Stallings had been able to get an upper deck built.

Why did I go to Aggieland? I was a double legacy. Both of my parents went to A&M. I was probably the only student in the 60's who make that claim.

We lived in Teague when I was little in the mid 60's. Did you know Joel Hunt? He used to give me free ice cream at the pool.
AG
I believe when I got out of school, I paid around 250 in 2001 per ticket. Byrne shows up 2 years later and they jump to 350 a ticket.

I believe they were around 180 my fish Year and my all sports pass was around 125.
Miles711
AG
I think my parents each paid 2 chickens and a bale of hay.
wisdom
AG
I date back to attending games in the 1950s with my Aggie dad, Class of '42. I don't know about season tickets but a single game ticket went for $4.00. It was considered a lot to pay per person to go to an event.
Tmoneyag99
AG
tomdoss02 said:

I'm wondering whether in 20 years when I make out my $1000 per seat check if I'll look back and say, "I remember when they used to be $375."

Just curious. . .
I remember when they were $375/season and STILL more expensive than Cowboys season tickets.
Meximan
wisdom
AG
Remember when change was money?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.