Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If Coach Fisher drastically reduces the # mistakes & penalties of 2017 can A&M win 9+

2,011 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PaulSimonsGhost
playoverruled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching last season re-runs win or loose the penalties and blown assignments seem high.
If Jimbo Fisher's system and discpline shaves 30 percent off the penalties and reduces missed assignments late in the game, the 2018 team could win 10.

Playoverruled
rgag12
AG
Why do that though? If we just score more points then we win 15!
mpaggie06
AG
He got rid of rap practices...pretty sure we'll be more prepared and more disciplined than last year.
Flashdiaz
AG
if there's a 30% reduction in penalties it's due to the 65% increase in discipline and 46.2% increase in motivation coupled with the 76% decrease in distractions. Trust me, 60% of the time, i'm right every time.
Al Bula
AG
It looks like the OP is the latest idiot troll to surface or just a really DUMB guy/girl all around based on posting history.
Agsuffering@bulaw
UCLA and Wake Forest would have been wins
PascalsWager
AG
Often times "mistakes" nd penalties are compensation for talent/ athleticism gap. The fact that they're lumped in together is stupid. Take only things like false starts and unforced fumbles and things like that. But that's going to require a lot of film watching on your part to evaluate how effective Jimbo is.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
In year one I'd settle for JF eliminating those god awful INEXPLICABLE loses... (UCLA...still makes me nauseated)
Not a Bot
AG
I know we had some inopportune mistakes and mental lapses, but overall penalties weren't a huge problem for us last year. We were 34th in the country in fewest penalties per game at 5.15. We were in pretty good company there -- Alabama was at 5.0 and Clemson averaged 4.93.

I would agree that there were some definite mental errors in assignments, blocking, reads, coverages, etc. Overall lack of consistency is what got us -- offense and defense never seemed to play well at the same time.
HunterAggie
timc08 said:

I know we had some inopportune mistakes and mental lapses, but overall penalties weren't a huge problem for us last year. We were 34th in the country in fewest penalties per game at 5.15. We were in pretty good company there -- Alabama was at 5.0 and Clemson averaged 4.93.

I would agree that there were some definite mental errors in assignments, blocking, reads, coverages, etc. Overall lack of consistency is what got us -- offense and defense never seemed to play well at the same time.
Great job in researching those numbers.

And I would expect Coach Fisher to lower that slightly plus be a much better "in game" coach.

As he professes, it is attention to the details that wins games, especially the most competitive.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Flashdiaz said:

if there's a 30% reduction in penalties it's due to the 65% increase in discipline and 46.2% increase in motivation coupled with the 76% decrease in distractions. Trust me, 60% of the time, i'm right every time.

Agsuffering@bulaw
I generally agree. But some analyst did the math and showed that if we would have taken a knee 3 times and punted every possession in the 4th quarter, we would have beaten UCLA.

That is how bad Sumlin was.
vander54
S
I have no doubt he will improve our mental mistakes. The biggest concern is how quickly our guys can learn the system.
Bone6
It's not that simple. We'll be running a different system this year. There are a lot of variables.

Most importantly, I think there will be a growing pains year as our offensive line gets used to firing off the line to block in a pro style system rather than blocking out of the spread.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
In short...

We don't know.

Doubtful, but we hope so.

Thank you, Baby Geezus, the ass clown is gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.