Outdoors
Sponsored by

east Texas divers? lost Aggie ring.

1,829 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Gunny456
Pantera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ring slipped off of my finger in about 12 feet of water off the end of a dock on Lake Jacksonville (south of Tyler) last night. Know pretty much right where it is, in about a 2-3 foot radius, but have no scuba gear aside from a couple masks and snorkels. Going to try to go down this morning and see if we can stumble across it, but likely going to need a tank to retrieve. I feel awful because now the day has turned into looking for the ring and not enjoying the day for everyone. Any tips?

Anyone know anyone in the area that may be able to assist? I know it's a holiday weekend so it's a long shot, but figured this would be the place to go for any help.

Thanks guys.
Shelton98
AG
I'd drop a magnet down there.
Jason Ag
AG
Not sure if above poster is joking or not, but a magnet cannot pick up gold. If you are feeling around down there, wear cut resistant gloves. Good luck.
WestGalvestonAggie
Shelton98 said:

Attach it to a rope or a string first though. Otherwise you're going to need someone to fetch your magnet.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
Funky Winkerbean
AG
And make sure the rope is longer than 12'.
Jason_Roofer
WestGalvestonAggie said:

Shelton98 said:

Attach it to a rope or a string first though. Otherwise you're going to need someone to fetch your magnet.

If you retrieve your gold Aggie Ring with a magnet, you may want to give The Association a call to have a little chat.

You know…because they'll pay for half the cost of the magnet.
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
CS78
https://toledobendlakecountry.com/listing/dive-toledo-scuba-center
Pantera
AG
Found it! No magnet needed. Just a nice dude that dives for fun at the lake and 5 minutes of searching.
BCO07
AG
Great news. I stopped wearing my ring in water when my brother lost his wedding band in a lake. Seems like it's a common issue
Apache
AG
Quote:

Found it! No magnet needed.
Pro tip: Gold can't be picked up with a magnet.
Ogre09
AG
BCO07 said:

Great news. I stopped wearing my ring in water when my brother lost his wedding band in a lake. Seems like it's a common issue

I take mine off for almost any activity. You can easily lose more than a ring. Ring avulsions are nasty.
Gunny456
AG
Glad you found it!!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.