Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler Murray

10,808 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FishingAggie
Baller On A Budget
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just want to know how y'all see it.

Kyler will (I presume) be the starter at OU this year and I just want to know the general consensus on that. Will y'all be rooting for him or is there still some ill will? Personally, I hated the guy after he left A&M because I saw him as an entitled ****** canoe (much like Malik Henry on Last Chance U). However, after Hubes' article about the 2015 season I have grown to have a lot more sympathy for the guy and I really want him to do well at OU because he deserved better. He and Kyle Allen were constantly jerked around by the "quarterback guru" (or at least that's what the national media calls him). Maybe I'm alone in this
Flashdiaz
AG
I want him to do well in 1 game. Other that, I could not care less.
mitchdpm
AG
EOT

...still dislike the Murray Daddy and mini daddy over that whole deal.
hunter2012
AG
While Sumlin bears much of the responsibility in recruiting him while we had Kyle Allen, we shouldn't pretend that losing Kyler to Texas wouldn't have immediately put Sumlin on the hot-seat. The boards and the fanbase in general was melting down even at the prospect of him meeting with texas. Fanbase insecurity is just as liable in the way that sh*t show started. Then Sumlin decided to not communicate with his QBs and the rest played out.
Agsuffering@bulaw
ou losing is good for A&M.
What else do you need to know?

Oh, I despise the little smurf. I hope he fails miserably.
viejo
Baller On A Budget said:

Kyler will (I presume) be the starter at OU this year and I just want to know the general consensus on that. Will y'all be rooting for him or is there still some ill will? Personally, I hated the guy after he left A&M because I saw him as an entitled ****** canoe (much like Malik Henry on Last Chance U). However, after Hubes' article about the 2015 season I have grown to have a lot more sympathy for the guy and I really want him to do well at OU because he deserved better. He and Kyle Allen were constantly jerked around by the "quarterback guru" (or at least that's what the national media calls him). Maybe I'm alone in this
I will only care about his performance in the game where he will be on my second favorite team in all of football. Before and after that, I couldn't care less.
Bone6
I've pretty consistently blamed fall 2015 on Sumlin much more than Murray or Allen. It's simple. QB's don't transfer from programs like a&m when they're the expected starter. If one kid transferred, I might have believed the kid was just a bit of a head case. The fact that 2 kids transferred when they both would have been the starter at time of transfer makes me convinced that Sumlin had let the situation turn into a complete mess.

While he's not Manziel, Murray is a fun player to watch and Riley runs an exciting offense. I imagine I'll find myself watching a fair amount of OU offensive drives this fall while certainly not outright rooting for them.
rgag12
AG
I want kryler to do bad the whole year, but not turn the ball over and score no points in that game in October where the OU defense score 4 times and wins the game.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Prediction - he plays hard out of the gate and has some success. He takes a few licks, sees his baseball future in jeopardy, and then starts playing more conservatively. Conservative play costs OU a game they should win. He is benched. Leaves OU before the bowl game.
Life's an endless party, not a punch card.
swc93
AG
I won't watch a single BIG12 regular season game so unless he actually survives until post season I won't see him play a single down for OU.
aggiedent
AG
I blame them all. Sumlin, Kyler, and Kevin. One was a bad head coach, one an entitled prima donna, and one a poor excuse for a parent.

I lost respect for all 3.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Prediction - he plays hard out of the gate and has some success. He takes a few licks, sees his baseball future in jeopardy, and then starts playing more conservatively. Conservative play costs OU a game they should win. He is benched. Leaves OU before the bowl game.
of all the scenarios, I can see this being the one that happens
BlueHouseBoyz
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

My thought process completely; with one adjustment, he either chooses, or his obvious conservative switch forces, a pull from the starting role that moment. (assuming the above statement is that Kyler continues for a few games before being benched.)

Hope he stays healthy and this gives his football career closure so we don't see a Reverse-Tebow later in his life.
Memphis 7
Don't care.
bigfoot10s
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Thank you for using "could not care less" correctly. Blue star for you
dirkjones
AG
Starts playing conservatively? When has he not played conservatively, as in protecting himself? No guarantee he will even be the starter as the other guy outplayed him in the spring.
coldmoose
For the most part, I don't care. When OU plays tu, I want them to crush them. So if that means Kyler needs to have an all world performance that day for that to happen, that's fine.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dirkjones said:

Starts playing conservatively? When has he not played conservatively, as in protecting himself? No guarantee he will even be the starter as the other guy outplayed him in the spring.

I will laugh if he doesn't even get to play when he could have millions in baseball right now
bigboykin
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I read this as "game 1", and I was wondering what the hell you had against FL Atlantic.
FishingAggie
He left because of Sumlin. You need to read Jakes article.

Sumlin mishandled kyler and Kyle. Lost his job over that as he deserved.

If you read the way Sumlin handled things it makes sense why he left. They both were sick of kds.
mcag83
AG
Takes a licking. Won't keep ticking.
Like anyone can even know that.
Agvet12
AG
I think he starts the first 2-3 games but is replaced by the other guy, I don't think he'd even be a starter this year if he hadn't signed the A's contract. I think Lincoln is doing what he can to make sure he doesn't bolt before November.

The other guy is the better QB and the future Kyler is a place holder and depth.
usmcbrooks
Tadpole
AG
I have no problem with Kyler doing well in the BDF. His dad played while I was in school and he was fun to watch. I blame the whole QB debacle on KS. He tried to keep two top QBs happy and lost them both.
pants
Jake's article sounds interesting. Any chance it ends up being free after some time passes?
agz win
AG
I read Hubes article. Hubes wasn't privy to all the dynamics involved. Glad Kyler chose to leave our locker room. So we're our players.

I wish the best for Sumlin. He did a lot for us.

Kyler came up short on all facets for us.
FishingAggie
agz win said:

I read Hubes article. Hubes wasn't privy to all the dynamics involved. Glad Kyler chose to leave our locker room. So we're our players.

You didn't read ****, or didn't comprehend what you read.

Hubes saw it. Duhhh. From what he saw, I'd have pulled my kid from that ****ty coach.

BrandoC
AG
He is an idiot for playing football this year. Say he goes out and gets hurt this year, then what. I am sure that 5 mil is not guaranteed by the A's. If so, they do not have a smart front office. I mean he sure as hell not going to NFL to play so what's the point.
aeon-ag
Baller On A Budget said:

I doubt he will ever start. Too small, short, slides within 20 yards of a defender. Plus, I don't give a DAMNED about whether he plays or not!
He's going to light it up

Won't get hit aside from a few games all season

Will be done in the third quarter in half his games

His dad seems like a POS. Sure apple doesn't fall far from the tree but maybe he can grow past that
Spyderman
AG
Who does Sam Houston open with this year?
Indignitas
AG
Quote:

I could not care less.

Someone got it right!!!!!!

MaxPower
FishingAggie said:

agz win said:

You didn't read ****, or didn't comprehend what you read.

Hubes saw it. Duhhh. From what he saw, I'd have pulled my kid from that ****ty coach.

I haven't read it but interesting to see two completely different takes. My general thought is guys should commit to the school, not the coach. For someone to leave after one semester, specifically when getting PT, there are only two viable excuses in my mind. Either 1) you have a family need (obviously not the case) or 2) the coach is literally physically abusing you (highly doubtful). He didn't just leave the coach, he left his teammates and the fanbase. And I'm not just talking in general. He left before the freaking bowl game. There's a right and wrong way to do things. That's the wrong way, period.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I will laugh if he doesn't even get to play when he could have millions in baseball right now
He got a $4.66 million signing bonus when he signed with the A's. He'll be with their organization in less than a year.
Matsui
AG
Post that article
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.