Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

All is quiet on the Manziel Front

8,264 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DeckMe80
arontc09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spring camp for CFL starts Sunday. He will have missed rookie camp, but who cares?
SeattleAgJr
some of you just do not give up.

good on you I guess.

I will check back in 10 years to see if it is still status quo in here.
Veggie Burger
SeattleAgJr said:

He will never play another down in an NFL uniform.

Any of you thinking otherwise are delusional.

He had his chance to do the "right thing", by going to the CFL for a couple years and earning his way back in.

Instead he chose the laughable Spring League bull**** that pretty much everyone pointed and laughed at, as it showed he was not serious in his commitment.

The ship has sailed, the train has left the station, the bus has left on its route, the swallows have flown home to Capistrano.

We aren't being delusional - we're being reasonable. There's no major hurdle left stopping him from playing professionally. I've yet to heard a valid reason as to why he won't get another chance. He's a money maker, and is too good to continue to pass up.

f He chose to play in the Spring League so that he can play in the NFL or CFl as well. He definitely still has a chance to play in the CFL. It showed that he is committed to football. I'm almost certain that he'll be on a professional roster this year.
walton91
Quote:

I've yet to heard a valid reason as to why he won't get another chance. He's a money maker, and is too good to continue to pass up

I laughed. Thank you for posting, though, Mrs Manziel
champagnepapi
Veggie Burger said:

SeattleAgJr said:

He had his chance to do the "right thing", by going to the CFL for a couple years and earning his way back in.

Instead he chose the laughable Spring League bull**** that pretty much everyone pointed and laughed at, as it showed he was not serious in his commitment.

The ship has sailed, the train has left the station, the bus has left on its route, the swallows have flown home to Capistrano.

We aren't being delusional - we're being reasonable. There's no major hurdle left stopping him from playing professionally. I've yet to heard a valid reason as to why he won't get another chance. He's a money maker, and is too good to continue to pass up.

f He chose to play in the Spring League so that he can play in the NFL or CFl as well. He definitely still has a chance to play in the CFL. It showed that he is committed to football. I'm almost certain that he'll be on a professional roster this year.

You are dumb AF

Why would I spend money on a ****ing basket case and mediocre q.b when I can pull someone who wants to play lights out from the CFL?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Veggie Burger said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Besides a contract with an NFL team...
Liquid Wrench
Hurts to see champagnepapi angry and disillusioned.
ashley
Bipolar quarterbacks are not n much demand. This is especially true since self medication is so common.
Veggie Burger
champagnepapi said:

Veggie Burger said:

SeattleAgJr said:

You are dumb AF

Why would I spend money on a ****ing basket case and mediocre q.b when I can pull someone who wants to play lights out from the CFL?
I love you he decided officialy to play in thr cfl not even an hour after you commented that. I liked you more when you were positive and actually supported the goat. Did sometbing happen?

Johnny is objectively the most talented QB in th CFL, and I'd argue that he'd be a top 50 (at a minimum) quarterback in the league. He's completely stable now that he's on bipolar meds. He wants to play football, and is doing what he has to in order to make it happen. I've believed in Johnny and will continue to do so. I hope that you'll do the same.
Veggie Burger
ashley said:

Bipolar quarterbacks are not n much demand. This is especially true since self medication is so common.
I don't think it's a question of that. Teams will take whoever can play and won't cause too much controversy. If Johnny plays well and continues to keep his nose clean, there will be NFL teams lining up to sign him.
Veggie Burger
Veggie Burger said:

He chose to play in the Spring League so that he can play in the NFL or CFl as well. He definitely still has a chance to play in the CFL. It showed that he is committed to football. I'm almost certain that he'll be on a professional roster this year.
TexanJeff
AG
TexanJeff said:

Johnny to CFL
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
fredfredunderscorefred
Veggie Burger said:

champagnepapi said:

Veggie Burger said:

SeattleAgJr said:

You are dumb AF

I love you he decided officialy to play in thr cfl not even an hour after you commented that. I liked you more when you were positive and actually supported the goat. Did sometbing happen?

Johnny is objectively the most talented QB in th CFL, and I'd argue that he'd be a top 50 (at a minimum) quarterback in the league. He's completely stable now that he's on bipolar meds. He wants to play football, and is doing what he has to in order to make it happen. I've believed in Johnny and will continue to do so. I hope that you'll do the same.

No. He's not completely stable now. Hell less than a month ago he was in the hospital ("allegedly") due to the meds. But this generally pervasive attitude of "dont talk bad about Johnny" is arguably a reason he is the way he is. Hes made football exciting for people his whole life, so he's been able to get away with the behavior we have seen repeatedly over the years. Anyone on this board that even dared talk in anything less than glowing terms about Johnny was/is considered a hater (is to a less extent now). On this board people pointed out he was possibly bipolar and were ridiculed (because that's less than glowing speak about messiah Johnny). Imagine if many years ago someone had the balls to stand up to Johnny despite how good at football he is and say "man you need help". Now, He's in his 20s, bad decisions galore all over TV, and arguably at the peak of his athleticism regarding how it conveys to being competitive. It takes years to get the meds right for bipolar. Now he is going to the CFL, so still in the spotlight, and trying to get his meds right. One could very well - with Th best intentions - say "hey, you just got diagnosed (because *******s your whole life wouldn't let anyone talk negative about you), take a year off, work on football out of the spotlight, make sure the meds are working, then come back". Awesome for him that he's grabbing it by the horns, but we are at a point where it is very legitimate to consider that he's done as far as the NFL goes. If he surprises, good on him. Just because he made Saturdays fun and Mondays at he office a little more bearable doesn't make him anything more than a good football player. I'll take von and Myles as ones to create a "thejohnnyweknow" website about.
DukeMu
Schrute Farms said:

Pats were the only NFL team serious about Johnny. They drafted Danny Etling (?) and ended Johnny's pro interest.

The QB on Johnny's Spring League team, Cody Keith, just received a work out. He played in the CFL last year and has more tape. Johnny to CFL seems like the most logical next step.
Agreed - needs tape post-rehab.

I believe Johnny will be in the NFL nest year, but if it take 2 years - that's OK.

Wide open space on those CFL soccer fields! June 16th is Hamilton's first game.

Liquid Wrench
ChiliBeans said:

If he's at some CFL camp next week, then yes. If not, then no.
SeattleAgJr
I am here to eat my crow.

You can all thank me.

With my vociferous protests that he would not be signed, the cosmic deities then actually got into action and made it happen.

You Are Welcome.
agz win
AG
Thought you weren't going to check back in for 10 years.
champagnepapi
I'll double in some crow too.
SeattleAgJr
agz win said:

Thought you weren't going to check back in for 10 years.
the reason for waiting no longer exists.
DeckMe80
I find it fitting that the sequel to "All Quiet on the Western Front" is "The Road Back."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.