Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Football Uniforms

18,676 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgCat93
Eagle78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ditch the shoulder stripes and the beveled numbers. Also, consider incorporating a little gray. You'll notice almost all NFL teams have at least three colors (the Colts and the jets are the exceptions). I suggest having our white jersey numbers outlined in gray. We should add numbers on either the shoulders or the jersey sleeve. To tie it together, make the aTm logo on both sides of the helmet gray but outline it in white -- like shown by the license plate in the following link: https://www.shopfansunited.com/NCAA/Texas-A%26M/Accessories/Texas-A%26M-Aggies-Color-Mirror-Logo-License-Plate/p/AM140001058

incorporating just a little gray like this would make the uniforms a lot more interesting.
Cobra39
Eagle78 said:

Ditch the shoulder stripes and the beveled numbers. Also, consider incorporating a little gray. You'll notice almost all NFL teams have at least three colors (the Colts and the jets are the exceptions). I suggest having our white jersey numbers outlined in gray. We should add numbers on either the shoulders or the jersey sleeve. To tie it together, make the aTm logo on both sides of the helmet gray but outline it in white -- like shown by the license plate in the following link: https://www.shopfansunited.com/NCAA/Texas-A%26M/Accessories/Texas-A%26M-Aggies-Color-Mirror-Logo-License-Plate/p/AM140001058

incorporating just a little gray like this would make the uniforms a lot more interesting.
I think we did have some gray stripes or even some gray pants during the Kevin Murray years.

I personally think we should add some green and yellow instead of the gray.

Cobra39
emtes
AG
Had gray pants in the Tannehill/Sherman era as well. Didn't look that great imo.
TX_Aggie37
AG
The gray facemasks are the worst part of the current unis IMO. Not a huge fan of matte helmets either but it doesn't bother me too much.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Eagle78 said:

I think gray sucks
Eagle78
TX_Aggie37 said:

Eagle78 said:

I think gray sucks
So you just want a two color uniform? Man, that is bland. Like I said, in the league only the Jets and the Colts do that. The other 30 teams add at least a third accent color. My proposal to use gray is just that -- as an accent used very sparingly on our unis. The overwhelming predominant colors would still be maroon and white.
Cobra39
emtes said:

Had gray pants in the Tannehill/Sherman era as well. Didn't look that great imo.
I don't think so....maybe a gray stripe. I have been wrong before...but it was just that one time.

Cobra39
Slicer97
AG
No, they were gray pants. Got worn against Fran's last game against tessus, the bowl game (I think) and Sherman's first game.
vwbug
Spring ball they had a thinner white stripe on the helmet didn't they? It looked good.
Punked Shank
AG
Slicer97 said:

No, they were gray pants. Got worn against Fran's last game against tessus, the bowl game (I think) and Sherman's first game.

We whooped Arkansas State in those gray pants.

Wait...
emtes
AG
previously posted pics included
emtes
AG
I think the matte helmets are the best part of the current uniform. The gray facemask looks good imo too. White would look bland with that helmet. Wouldn't be opposed to some of the shiny finishes from the alternate maroon helmets. Either way, I think the jerseys are the first thing that needs to be addressed.
Cobra39
emtes said:

previously posted pics included
Sweet...how could I forget the pants in that game and the ultra-sweet Knox print that followed. My bad.

Cobra39
busmasterjones91
AG
I appreciate any uniform that wins a conference title, so that points me back to 1998. Simple uniforms with white numbers, no stripes, good deep maroon, and a right-sized Texas A&M across the front.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bunch of 2%ers in the stands back then.
Punked Shank
AG
busmasterjones91 said:

I appreciate any uniform that wins a conference title, so that points me back to 1998. Simple uniforms with white numbers, no stripes, good deep maroon, and a right-sized Texas A&M across the front.

What about the tye-die collars
Eagle78
I think they also should put "Texas Aggies" on the front. WTH -- the baseball team does. We should not buy into tu's bull bait position, "but, but, but we're Texas." A&M teams have been known as the Figthin Texas Aggies from the very beginning.
TX scallywAG
AG
This is the year. Against Clemson we come out rocking...

---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Quad Dog
AG
busmasterjones91 said:

I've always thought Nike missed the maroon color. Look at how different RC's jacket is from the uniforms. I remember the helmets were also a different color maroon.
TheFirebird
AG
busmasterjones91 said:

I like them without the collars.

Shrinking shoulder pads and tighter jerseys are what drives the tiny font on so many uniforms. There's just not a lot of space for "Texas A&M."

I prefer to take the lettering off completely, that would be a good uni.
TxAg76
AG
Quote:

Our uniforms are so much better now.

Current units aren't bad, but it always puzzled me to have the two stripes on the shoulders vs the single stripes on the pants.
I'd leave it alone, and just put doubles on the pants, same dimensions as what's on the shoulders
busmasterjones91
AG

What in the world happened in 1982? Dark helmet with 2 stars on the front (military tribute?) and then a very a Arkansas-looking jersey color. Swing and miss!
AgCat93
AG
Kelley helmets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.