Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

South Carolina Best Road Game

5,568 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PFG
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CowboyGirl said:

We went the year of the Kenny Hill game and had a great time staying in Columbia. We had good to great meals, fun bar hopping, enjoyed Midnight Yell, and had great interactions with the fans - lots of "Welcome to the SEC," offering us beer, etc. Walked back past one of the guys who gave us beer before the game and he said, "If I'd known you were going to beat us that bad, I wouldn't have offered you a beer." Then he said - just kidding and gave us one more. Next morning at breakfast, folks were congratulating us on a good game. Nothing about the weekend made me not want to go back.

You're also a girl
CowboyGirl
AG
C Loves L said:

CowboyGirl said:

We went the year of the Kenny Hill game and had a great time staying in Columbia. We had good to great meals, fun bar hopping, enjoyed Midnight Yell, and had great interactions with the fans - lots of "Welcome to the SEC," offering us beer, etc. Walked back past one of the guys who gave us beer before the game and he said, "If I'd known you were going to beat us that bad, I wouldn't have offered you a beer." Then he said - just kidding and gave us one more. Next morning at breakfast, folks were congratulating us on a good game. Nothing about the weekend made me not want to go back.

You're also a girl
True, but we were two middle-aged couples, not cute young things.
Gator92
AG
CowboyGirl said:

C Loves L said:

CowboyGirl said:

You're also a girl
True, but we were two middle-aged couples, not cute young things.

Rule #1
PFG
AG
South Carolina is a terrible, terrible SEC road trip for 2 main reasons.

1) The Location:

The stadium isn't on campus. So you get zero feel for the college game/environment. Want to know what its like going to a S.Carolina game? Go put up a tailgate tent in a large parking lot with thousands of others. Stand there, in the sun, in the heat. Keep standing there. Get sunburn as F. Was that fun? If so, go to South Carolina.

2) The Fans.

Fans are not friendly. Maybe they don't get it and have been burned by poor SEC fans, but I (and many other Aggies) found them less than welcoming. When you have to ask for drinks and food, they aren't welcoming fans. And yes - I've been on many other road trips - including Florida last year. Those fans were incredible. Offered food and booze all day.

Want to know how to do the SC road trip?

1) Book a house on Kiawah Island
2) Do not go to the game
3) Enjoy the fishing, golf, and beaches on Kiawah
4) Drink all the bloody marys and eat all the oysters.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.