Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Armani

4,366 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sharpdressedman
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Plenty of talk about Kirk.......where do y'all think Armani goes? Is he still a second day guy? Or is his injury history/not so stellar off season performances going to push him back to Saturday?

Also outside of CK, Armani and maybe Zaycoven, do we have anyone else that may get taken this weekend?
Alpha Texan
AG
Armani is a round 1, pick 7.2 to 16.7 kind of guy. Tripucka could go late first, early second.
dixichkn
AG
OK now that the standard Zoo response is out of the way early......anyone else? Think Keith Ford gets taken or winds up street FA?
NoahAg
6th round
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Armani late 4th to 5th round.
AG
I'm gonna say Armani goes rounds 4-6
Keith Ford will end up a FA signee somewhere, though I think he is good enough to be a draft pick.

Keith may end up being a real steal for someone. He didn't have the opportunity to really showcase his skill set in Sumlin's offense, imo. I think he will Excel in a pro style O.
Gyles Marrett
4 said:

I'm gonna say Armani goes rounds 4-6
Keith Ford will end up a FA signee somewhere, though I think he is good enough to be a draft pick.

Keith may end up being a real steal for someone. He didn't have the opportunity to really showcase his skill set in Sumlin's offense, imo. I think he will Excel in a pro style O.
I blame Sumlin for a lot of things but not for Keith being able to showcase his abilities. He was a walking injury. I think he was injured the 1st or 2nd game every year and struggled with those injuries the rest of each season. Injuries held him back.
dixichkn
AG
I just can't imagine anyone with Armani's playmaking ability going any later than 4th round. He's too good.

Ford may make it this weekend. He's a lot like Tra Carson IMO except with a little more speed. I agree, he could be a day 3 steal for somebody as a "what the hell" flyer
500,000ags
AG
Watts really needed a great combine or pro day and he would have been a 2nd rounder based on film alone. We knew he is under-sized by NFL standards, but his running times were average, at best, during the combine. It's almost impossible to find a 40 time for him, which tells me he probably ran a 4.7-4.8.

If he goes R4 or later, some team is getting a steal, because he was a 4 yr starter in the SEC; was often asked to back-stop an utter-trash front 7 or over-compensate for a secondary full of inexperience; and displayed a nose for the ball in coverage and run support. Measurables be damned, he had too many flashes in the SEC to be considered too small or slow for the NFL.
edwardsk2003
AG
Aren't injuries and not playing at ou a major reason of why he transferred?
P.U.T.U
AG
Watts makes some great plays but he also blows a lot of them too, someone has to be willing to take a risk. He could be a bust or he could be like Troy Polamalu (hit or miss guy)
NavyAg92
AG
I can see Armani going to the Cardinals. Especially since they let the Honey Badger go.

For some reason, Arizona loves A&M. They seem to draft or sign (UFA) someone from A&M almost every year.
MaroonStain
AG
I think he reportedly had issues keeping the ball off the ground.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Armani has a hard time covering receivers
dixichkn
AG
There we go. 4th round to the Chiefs. They're gonna love him

Now let's see if someone is willing to roll the dice on Zay. Hope so bc I think he has NFL potential. Just effed up right at the end of his run here.
sharpdressedman
Congratulations to him! He has the opportunity to pursue a dream because he worked very hard for many years. I will always have a great fondness for him as a really good Ag.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.