Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel's draft preparation mentioned on JRE

7,653 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Peter Attia went on Joe Rogan's podcast talks about the camp that Johnny went to improve his 40 time before the draft. Really interesting stuff about how the workouts are developed to improve total speed.

Conversation starts around an hour and twenty-nine minutes.

S.A. Aggie
AG
Pulling for Johnny, but he will be in the CFL.
Alpha Texan
AG
Jig'em Gohnny!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
fightinag said:

jff will never again be in the NFL .......
If he is determined to play pro football ..... the CFL is his only possibility !

I think I speak for the rest of the site when I say please leave and never come back.
I don't know if Johnny will ever play in the NFL again but like most Ags should be doing, I'm pulling for him and am damn proud of what he accomplished here no matter what.
Alpha Texan
AG
fightinag said:

the CFL is his only possibility !
you ought not put a space between the word and the punctation.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm not sure where people are getting any implication that suggested I said Johnny is going to be in the NFL next year. This is simply a quick explanation of the program he was on a couple of years ago to reduce his 40 time 3/10's of a second in 12 weeks. I thought it was pretty interesting.
PooDoo
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

fightinag said:

If he is determined to play pro football ..... the CFL is his only possibility !

I think I speak for the rest of the site when I say please leave and never come back.
I don't know if Johnny will ever play in the NFL again but like most Ags should be doing I'm pulling for him and am damn proud of what he accomplished here no matter what.

Those that are constantly bashing JFF baffle me.
Name another Aggie that has had a greater positive impact on the school.
JRB78
AG
Lbull said:

fightinag said:

the CFL is his only possibility !
you ought not put a space between the word and the punctation.
You should capitalize the first word of your sentence. You might also want to check for spelling errors.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ross, Rudder and, if you consider Norman Borlaug an Aggie, which I do, then him. But yeah, he is definitely up on the Mount Rushmore of Aggies.
jja79
AG
PooDoo said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

fightinag said:

I don't know if Johnny will ever play in the NFL again but like most Ags should be doing I'm pulling for him and am damn proud of what he accomplished here no matter what.

You can't be serious.
PooDoo
AG
Dead serious

Top for athletics and in the neighborhood with the names on the statues and buildings.
Agvet12
AG
PooDoo said:

Dead serious

Top for athletics and in the neighborhood with the names on the statues and buildings.

Von Miller, John David Crowe, Dat Nguyen, Ja'Amar Toombs .... you can keep going with each "generational icon". I understand what you're saying but it's the Lebron vs Jordan argument. It's not the "greatest of all time", it's the most recent. Give us another 10 years and you'll see another "hero" rise and you'll see the JFF craze die down
MaroonStain
AG
I like the method tsip imPosters use when selecting usernames that are close to being "redass" and "good bull." It's wayyyyyy to obvious that they are burnt orange sappers intending to disrupt this site and promote negativity.

Looking at you and your brethren...'fightinag'.....
MaroonStain
AG
Agvet12 said:

PooDoo said:

Dead serious

Von Miller, John David Crowe, Dat Nguyen, Ja'Amar Toombs .... you can keep going with each "generational icon". I understand what you're saying but it's the Lebron vs Jordan argument. It's not the "greatest of all time", it's the most recent. Give us another 10 years and you'll see another "hero" rise and you'll see the JFF craze die down

Better not be 10 years or some posters will ask for their $75MM back?!?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Definitely gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. Johnny Manziel drew more interest than them; and as a result likely more money and was more influential.
A great example of this is his Comeback$zn merch. How many guys do you know of that could wash out of the NFL and then launch a clothing line a few years later and it be as successful as it is. Certainly none of the people you listed.
Agvet12
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Definitely gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. Johnny Manziel drew more interest than them; and as a result likely more money and was more influential.
A great example of this is his Comeback$zn merch. How many guys do you know of that could wash out of the NFL and then launch a clothing line a few years later and it be as successful as it is. Certainly none of the people you listed.

Again apples to oranges, how many kids prior generations had Twitter, iPhones, TMZ, how many news outlets followed and produced non pro articles at the rate it does now, even with the rise of the "Canes". It's different eras, which is why I said lebron v Jordan.
jja79
AG
PooDoo said:

Dead serious

Your focus is very narrow. Over time many great Aggies have shaped the world. JFF not so much.
PooDoo
AG
jja79 said:

PooDoo said:

Dead serious

Your focus is very narrow. Over time many great Aggies have shaped the world. JFF not so much.

Yes, many great Ags out there but I wasn't talking about a shape the world contest.
LEJ
MaroonStain said:

I like the method tsip imPosters use when selecting usernames that are close to being "redass" and "good bull." It's wayyyyyy to obvious that they are burnt orange sappers intending to disrupt this site and promote negativity.

Looking at you and your brethren...'fightinag'.....
How dare you. He went to A&M and so did his kids and he has many leather bound books which smell of rich mahogany.
Seanzy2012
AG
Here's what I think will happen.He'll mature and become a regular at A&M gatherings (something that has already been happening with more frequency as of late).

Then he'll have earned his spot on the A&M Mount Rushmore.

He's still young, give him time. I really think he'll be a more permanent fixture than he already is, but right now the guy needs to focus on his comeback. There's nothing wrong with this.

I know the guy is our Heisman, but A&M did give him the opportunity to play football on the big stage. Sure he had other opportunities, but would it have happened the same way? We'll never know.

Like I said, I'm still pulling for the guy. I think he'll do right by us.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Agvet12 said:

PooDoo said:

Dead serious

Johnny won the Heisman, bro. As a Freshman. First Freshman to ever do so. He was one of the greatest college players of all time (not just recent memory). Hate on him if you will, but you can't deny his legacy as a student athlete.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
jja79
AG
You said name an Aggie who has had a greater positive impact on the school. Rudder, McFerrin, Borlaug (maybe the most important person of the 20th century), George Mitchell, Edwin Kyle, Claytie Williams, Lowry Mays, Zachry, Loftin, Former Presidents of Panama and Bolivia, Dr. Red Duke. There's a few off the top of my head.
Agvet12
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Agvet12 said:

PooDoo said:

Dead serious

Johnny won the Heisman, bro. As a Freshman. First Freshman to ever do so. He was one of the greatest college players of all time (not just recent memory). Hate on him if you will, but you can't deny his legacy as a student athlete.

Again they've said that about every generational great... it's the coverage and audience that's changed not the players. That's not hating. Again it's an apples to oranges arguement as college sports have overtaken professional sports/teams in some cases.
Triple-T
AG
JFF won a Heisman. JFF set tons of records. JFF lead the greatest comeback in TAMU history.

JFF put A&M on the map our inaugural year in the SEC - and College Football's biggest stage.
Galborathelion
Bottlehead90
AG
Long term I could see Johnny doing sports media as an ESPN personality or similar

JFF gets ratings
PooDoo
AG
jja79 said:

You said name an Aggie who has had a greater positive impact on the school. Rudder, McFerrin, Borlaug (maybe the most important person of the 20th century), George Mitchell, Edwin Kyle, Claytie Williams, Lowry Mays, Zachry, Loftin, Former Presidents of Panama and Bolivia, Dr. Red Duke. There's a few off the top of my head.

Did the Presidents and Dr Red Duke bring $100+ million to A&M?
TyHolden
AG
Stay with Java Johnny...no no .net or python.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PooDoo said:

jja79 said:

Rudder integrated us, beginning our transition from a small military school to the Tier One University it is today.

Lawrence Sullivan Ross literally punched out a politician that was trying to close the college down.
jja79
AG
I like Johnny and as a CFL fan I hope to be watching him come June, but you have a different definition of positive impact than I do.

I'll just pick George Mitchell here. I'm not sure you can measure his positive impact.
PooDoo
AG
Champ Bailey said:

PooDoo said:

jja79 said:

Rudder integrated us, beginning our transition from a small military school to the Tier One University it is today.

Lawrence Sullivan Ross literally punched out a politician that was trying to close the college down.
I was referring to the 3rd world country presidents not Rudder or Ross. Obviously they Are huge pieces to A&M's history.

The point being... Johnny has done more for A&M than any of us, them, just about any living Aggie.

When his name comes up...

Tmoneyag99
AG
PooDoo said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

fightinag said:

Im not a manzeil basher but here are a few other than myself

James Earl Rudder
Dr. Red Duke
Edwin Kyle
Clayton Williams
HB Zachery
Bum Bright
Teef Micheal Moseley
R. Bowin Loftin
Olin E Teague

And thats not even the tip of the ice berg
Tmoneyag99
AG
PooDoo said:

Champ Bailey said:

PooDoo said:

jja79 said:

I was referring to the 3rd world country presidents not Rudder or Ross. Obviously they Are huge pieces to A&M's history.

The point being... Johnny has done more for A&M than any of us, them, just about any living Aggie.

When his name comes up...

Nope.

Dr. Loftin had more impact than Jonnu. If R Bowin Loftin doesnt take us to the SEC Johnny never gets to play the games that pit him on the map.

You really should be ashamed of your lack of Aggie knowledge.
PooDoo
AG
The move to the SEC was a no brainer. Any school president would make that move.

How do you think our move to the SEC would've been without Johnny?

Not so good.

He would've made a name for himself at Oregon.

*And if we stayed in the big 12 JFF probably goes undefeated and wins the NC his freshman year.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Really? Because that was our 3rd opportunity to move.

Youre either trolling, stupid or to stubborn and refuse to admit when you are wrong.

All indicitive of are traits that will **** you in life l. One of them you can change. I love Johnmy as much as the next person but he is just a guy that chose to play football at a&m. He was good at football. But what he has done FOR A&M pails in comparison to what many that have come before him and us have done.

I see you have am AgTag there so Im sure you have taken a stroll through the MSC and understand about the trees around the OR Simpson Drill Field.

If you went to A&M and actually believe that Johnny is the most impactful person in our History i suggest you spend more time at the Cushing Library. Your understanding of our history is ridiculously shallow and disappointing.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.