Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel's draft preparation mentioned on JRE

7,662 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AGGies0311
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sergeant George D. Keathley '37
Major Horace S. Carswell, Jr. '38
Lieutenant Eli L. Whiteley '41
Lieutenant Turney W. Leonard '42
Sergeant William G. Harrell '43
Lieutenant Lloyd H. Hughes '43
Lieutenant Thomas W. Fowler '43
SP5C Clarence Eugene Sasser '73
http://www.myaggienation.com/history_traditions/medal_of_honor/article_fefdcff6-62ae-11e3-8bb8-0019bb2963f4.html
AGGies0311
I'll be honest, this is the main reason why I constantly bash JFF. He is making a comeback and looks like he's headed in the right direction, and I wish him the best but, a lot of Aggies have become so blinded by what he did in two semesters that they have forgotten what being an Aggie truly is all about. Giving back to our University is one of those values.

Has he given his own money back to our University?? Did he ever participate in The Big Event?

Recruiting help doesn't count as giving back...

Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I know this is a late reply to a derailed thread but heres an article about Johnny and Mike before the draft that is exactly about what Peter Attia was talking about in the JRE episode.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/22/sports/football/speed-coach-prepares-nfl-prospects-for-combine.html
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Did he ever participate in The Big Event?
LOL.
Stat Monitor Repairman
AGGies0311 said:

I'll be honest, this is the main reason why I constantly bash JFF. He is making a comeback and looks like he's headed in the right direction, and I wish him the best but, a lot of Aggies have become so blinded by what he did in two semesters that they have forgotten what being an Aggie truly is all about. Giving back to our University is one of those values.

Has he given his own money back to our University?? Did he ever participate in The Big Event?

Recruiting help doesn't count as giving back...

Got to disagree here:

I don't think anyone alive today has singlehandedly given more to A&M than Johnny.

Quantifying dollar value of free publicity generated by JFF is likely impossible. There was a time in '12-'13 where every sports station in America was running a Johnny story or highlights. Every sports talk show had something on A&M / JFF every single day. I've met people in New Zealand that have heard of Johnny. A&M Athletics made more off Johnny than we will ever know.

Anyone who thinks that Kyle ain't the House that Johnny Built is kidding themselves.

He don't owe A&M nothing. If anything, A&M owes him.
LEJ

Quote:

Did he ever participate in The Big Event?
Shirley, you can't be serious.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Champ Bailey said:

PooDoo said:

jja79 said:

You said name an Aggie who has had a greater positive impact on the school. Rudder, McFerrin, Borlaug (maybe the most important person of the 20th century), George Mitchell, Edwin Kyle, Claytie Williams, Lowry Mays, Zachry, Loftin, Former Presidents of Panama and Bolivia, Dr. Red Duke. There's a few off the top of my head.

Did the Presidents and Dr Red Duke bring $100+ million to A&M?

Rudder integrated us, beginning our transition from a small military school to the Tier One University it is today.

Lawrence Sullivan Ross literally punched out a politician that was trying to close the college down.
That Large military school produced a National Championship !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.