Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The season you hated the most

12,279 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KRH1225
AggFan41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mine had to be 2014, I was so pumped against USCe, Kenny Hill killed it that game. Totally made the koolaide so darn good.
IceAg08
AG
Fran years
jdls13
AG
2011 easily
ApachePilot
AG
2003. Nothing comes close
AggieTFA06
AG
2005- We sucked and tu won the national championship
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Lateralus Ag
AG
The one where we had really turned the corner and were set up for great things THIS year. The one where several folks talked us into thinking that our recruiting, while not top ten, was what we needed because (fill in coach) isn't worried about stars but who really "fits his system". They talked us into thinking our offense was going to run (or pass) the ball more this year and play a "better brand of football". The season where we were talked into thinking "a LOT of folks are going to be surprised at how many games we win".

That season where expectations were so high, just to finish in the middle of the pack (at best) in our division.

Y'all remember that season?

AgCat93
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

2005- We sucked and tu won the national championship

Might as well throw in 1963, 1969, and 1970.
91_Aggie
AG
Whatever year it was that we were winning every game by 20+ points at halftime and then Tannehill lost those games in the 2nd half.
Sponge
AG
2013. Great expectations after 2012. Offense put up huge numbers but the sieve of a defense threw it away. Wanted snyder gone after that season instead of waiting another year.
StrykerAg
AG
My first season as an Aggie football fan - 2006.

Heart-breaking home losses to tard, ou and nebraska. Beat the defending champs* in austin only to get destroyed by Cal in the bowl game

*his knee was down
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
In a way, 2006 was a really rough season, there was a lot of optimism since it was year 4 for Fran. We had close losses to Nebraska (1 point), Tech (4 points, soul crushing game) and OU (1 point). A couple of plays away from a Division title/BCS game.

Then Cal just goes and beats the brakes off of us to close the season. I thought we had turned a corner that season...I was wrong
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
1996 was a tough year. Did not know that we could be so mediocre until that year happened.
45-70Ag
AG
2000 was kind of rough.
My sophomore year, believe we lost to Notre dame, Colorado, ou and got smoked by Texas.

oklacityag75
AG
2003-2007
Franz Joseph
2003. Fran.
Love Gun
2011. How many second half leads did Sherman blow? The last straw was watching Tucker's kick for the win.
Redrooster
All that don't have a national title.
JW2CattleCo
AG
That Cal game was painful. They had a duo of backs named Lynch and Forsett that ran for what seemed to be 1000 combined yards that night.
Brick Tamland
Love Gun said:

2011. How many second half leads did Sherman blow? The last straw was watching Tucker's kick for the win.

This. I've never been so devastated at or watching an A&M game than I was when Tucker kicked that FG.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Love Gun said:

This. I've never been so devastated at or watching an A&M game than I was when Tucker kicked that FG.

Hindsight is 20/20. Lots of folks on here were saying if it weren't for Tucker we never would have hired Sumlin.
jsamjenkins
AG
We are now in the season I hate the most - the season between the Spring game and the opening of Fall drills, with the endless banter on TexAgs about how many games we're going to win, and reminiscing about past teams or players, and discussing which were the greatest. This off season will in some ways be better because we don't have to discuss the certainty of the coach being fired. I'll be more anxious with anticipation this off season, though, because we have a real coaches who actually coaches.
Bonfire1996
AG

Reggie coming back for senior year
C Lew back for senior year
Entire OL back
9 starters back on defense
Marquee game to open the year at Clemson

And then Fran changed the whole freaking offense and took Reggie out of his game. Dumbass
BoxingAg84
1995 - Stacked on both sides of the ball. The Lectric Leeland Heisman campaign was in full swing. One of the best defenses in the country. NFL draft picks everywhere. Biggest underachieving season I can think of. 2002 was a close second.
SJEAg
AG
2005 - any good feelings we had with Fran from 2004 were crushed permanently. Iowa State was about as low as it gets.
2011 - 2nd half hell
2015 - seems everyone on TA from 2013 on had this season pegged as OUR YEAR. Instead it was just a season that exemplified the coaching staff's shortcomings that we got to re-experience for another 2 years.

Honestly, since I've been following A&M...only 98, 10, and 12 were more positive than negative. Guess 97, 04, 06, 13 weren't completely terrible.
coupland boy
AG

Ok state and Arkansas were heartbreakers by themselves....but on consecutive weeks

Until then - 1995. The Colorado game followed by getting hosed in Lubbock the next weekend. Terrible, terrible non call.
Schall 02
AG
The off season.
aggiebrad94
AG
2011 because of the 2nd half meltdowns

Quote:

And then Fran changed the whole freaking offense and took Reggie out of his game. Dumbass
Hindsight is a powerful thing. The way I remember it at the time was that Fran talked to Reggie about keeping the ball in his hands more of the time. He was so dynamic that it made a lot of sense. I don't think anyone knew how poorly Reggie would react to getting hit a few more times per game. Of all the Fran decisions, this is the one I have the least issue with.
dah4439
AG
1994 (Fish year)

It was great because we went undefeated, but I hated it because we coulda had a shot at the Natty if not for probation.
12thmanfootball
AG

Unbelievable that we didn't pick up Stoops after this year, and before OU did.
TexanJeff
AG
2005 for me. Really thought we were going to make a leap and was so pumped.

I was in the student section for 2002, 2003, 2004 and so 2005 was my last season and it was a serious gut punch.

Hell my whole student career was a gut punch.
HUDAT361
The year we lost to OU 70 something to 0. Man that was unbarassing. Oh well don't care got jimbo now
Love Gun
HUDAT361 said:

The year we lost to OU 70 something to 0. Man that was unbarassing. Oh well don't care got jimbo now

Yep 77-0 was bad that year.

Then 59-0 happened
coupland boy
AG
dah4439 said:

1994 (Fish year)

It was great because we went undefeated, but I hated it because we coulda had a shot at the Natty if not for probation.

Lost 3 straight Cotton Bowls prior to that. Weren't going to play for a natty.
wisdom
AG
zephyr88
AG
This one...

(#OFFSZN)
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.