Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The season you hated the most

12,297 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KRH1225
Seanzy2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol reading through the comments we should have just posted "almost all of them, with some nice things sprinkled in here and there."
Burdizzo
AG
Seanzy2012 said:

Lol reading through the comments we should have just posted "almost all of them, with some nice things sprinkled in here and there."

30 years of season tickets. This thread summarizes why I let them go after 2016.
Amazing Moves
Loftin
AG

Preseason ranked, coming off a Cotton Bowl appearance, and a "darkhorse national title contender" according to several in the media. Reggie McNeal was considered a Heisman contender after the tremendous improvement between his sophomore and junior seasons.

Open season with a loss to Clemson on the road on a last-second FG. Clemson's kicker who beat us went viral weeks before the game with his football photo where he looked like he was 13.

Hurricane forecasts had our game against Texas State pushed up to a Thursday night (announced on Wednesday night). We eked out an 8-point victory in front of about 40k fans at Kyle Field. If memory serves me correctly, this was the game made infamous by Coach Fran being caught on camera eating Little Debbies mid-game. I wouldn't know, I was at the game.

We barely beat Baylor at home in OT. In fact, Chad Schroeder needed some spectacular catches in the drive that forced OT.

The Colorado game was next. That team absolutely quit on Coach Fran. After DeQawn Mobley fumbles a would-be TD with no defenders in sight, the team never showed signs of life again. Final score was 41-20, but it seemed worse than that.

After beating KSU and OSU to give fans some hope that we'd salvage a decent season, ISU came to town. Up to that point, we'd never lost to the Cyclones. Freshman RB Jorvorskie Lane almost decapitated a LB on a block to set up a long Reggie McNeal gain, hyping the crowd big time. In what would become a trademark Fran move, Lane was rewarding for his great play by being benched for the next two quarters. By the time he came back in, the game was out of hand. Ags lose, 42-14.

TTU blew us out next. Then we followed that with a loss to OU in Norman.

The tu game was our last chance at bowl eligibility. Despite playing better than we had in weeks, we lost 40-29. Reggie McNeal was benched for this game. Fran felt the heat and needed the narrative of "seniors with bad attitudes undermined the coach and made the team underachieve. Coach will be great when the roster is full of 'his' guys."

5-6, no bowl. Sips win MNC in a weird, blooper-reel title game.
Showstopper
AG
2003. I'm not sure we should still be using "Last Corps Trip" after 77-0. I don't know about St. Peter, but after that, I know that I've seen 'em quit.
TowerAg90
AG
I already have a dog
AG
91_Aggie said:

Whatever year it was that we were winning every game by 20+ points at halftime and then Sherman lost those games in the 2nd half.

Fify
cedar
1995. It all came crashing down and we've never been the same since.
jdls13
AG
2022. I hate this season the most
An L of an Ag
AG
Easily
aggiejim70
AG
wisdom said:

Thanksgiving Day, Memorial Stadium, I'm think to my 16-year-old self, "next time The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band
marches on this field, I'll be part of it". And I was right.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
PeekingDuck
AG
Reggie was hurt during the 2005 Texas game. I think he was hurt quite a bit that year. Ankles too skinny.
Fitzwilly
AG
oklacityag75 said:

2003-2007
My entire tenure at A&M... sweet...

But yes... agreed, sadly
Stat Monitor Repairman

After a huge build up we got a double donkey show.
MosesHallDeadPot94
Can somebody explain why our head coaches over the years/decades made so many boneheaded decisions compared to other teams? Examples like changing schemes that do not fit our roster, favoring a quarterback that is obviously struggling, underutilizing running backs in the red zone, and others ad nauseam. So many bad decisions that make the average viewer say "What the f---?" BAS is real...

Class of 65
AG
Jim myers
E A DANNHAUS Class of 65
Law Hall 69-72
AG
1968, my Fish year. The Ags won the SWC the year before and I expected a great season. Nope.
KRH1225
The Fran years. And then the Sumlin after Johnny and Evans left. 77-0 with Fran and the 45-44 game with Sumlin were the two games that summed up the BS in those seasons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.