Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Von Miller Animal hater!

6,304 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OrygunAg
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PETA is after Von for catching a Hammerhead Shark:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/florida-officials-investigation-von-miller-caught-hammerhead-shark-175959889.html

Wish those folks would get real jobs like chicken farmer or something,
Saint Pablo
PETA
Ags2013
AG
PETA
Demosthenes81
AG
He'll probably feed it to his chickens.
Faustus
When you're a hammerhead shark, all the fish start looking like nails.
GinMan
AG
Fish was released.... Nothing to see here folks. Great catch
carbon copy
People Eating Tasty Animals
LatinAggie1997
AG
I don't follow the logic.
PETA is upset at Von because a shark decided to eat the snack that was on Von's line? What if Von was trying to catch anything else, including an old boot or tire?
Or are they merely upset because he took a picture of the catch prior to releasing it?

Appears to be a boatload of hokum.
Oldfart2
PETA is simply trying to use Von to make a name for themselves. They don't care about the animals. They only care about looking like they care when reality says they don't. They are the inspiration for my sig.....
PatAg
AG
It was a guided fishing trip, the article states. Don't see how Von could be held accountable for anything
TexanJeff
AG
Isn't this on the Guide?

It is not like Von just went out there on his own. If he Chartered a cruise it is their job to tell him what he can and can not catch.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BigBrother
AG
From the comments:

"Von Miller is a known animal abuser. Have you seen what he does to Lions, Bears, Dolphins, Eagles, Ravens, Falcons, Seahawks, Rams, Panthers, Colts, and Cardinals?"
zephyr88
AG
But officer, it's for my personal consumption...
nawlinsag
AG
Hamerheads are on endangered lists. In Florida it is illegal to land a hamerhead even if you release. So by bringing it aboard to take the picture he broke the law.

I would have taken that pic too, the difference is like 12 people would see it because I am no Von.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MouthBQ98
AG
Well, strictly speaking it is illegal to land it if it isn't necessary. If you can't extract your hook and leader without boating it, I imagine they will let you boat it for as long as is necessary to do so.
Not a Bot
AG
One of the reasons hammerhead fishing is so regulated is that they often die after being caught, even when released. The fight on the line causes a huge buildup of lactic acid that their bodies can't handle. Other shark species tend to be more resilient. There is pretty much no chance a landed hammerhead will survive, even if it swims away.
p8aggie
AG
He should be careful. The shooter at YouTube was a PETA nut.
Sparkie
AG
Hello Peta

Aggie_Nuke
AG

Won't stand for the National Anthem....... that's all it takes for me to be done with him !
dixichkn
AG
I don't really have anything to add......just seems like a good place to bust out a great Offspring song

Gig em Von!
goatchze
AG
nawlinsag said:

Hamerheads are on endangered lists. In Florida it is illegal to land a hamerhead even if you release. So by bringing it aboard to take the picture he broke the law.

I would have taken that pic too, the difference is like 12 people would see it because I am no Von.
It's recommended not to land the shark if possible, but the only prohibition is harvesting (i.e. keeping) the shark.

I'm pretty sure the guide that took them out knows Florida laws pretty well.
Al Bula
AG
I hate PETA as much as the next person, but some of you are morons who just say' "Von good, PETA bad."

Florida law is clear that you aren't legally allowed to bring a Group 3 shark, which hammerheads fall under, into a boat for a photo op.

Von was wrong. Accept it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
RPM said:

I hate PETA as much as the next person, but some of you are morons who just say' "Von good, PETA bad."

Florida law is clear that you aren't legally allowed to bring a Group 3 shark, which hammerheads fall under, into a boat for a photo op.

Sounds exactly like something the guide should have known. Did he tell him?
Lateralus Ag
AG
RPM said:

Its a shark. Accept it.
aeon-ag
Aggie_Nuke said:

Won't stand for the National Anthem....... that's all it takes for me to be done with him !
Same here!
Madmarttigan
AG
aeon-ag said:

Aggie_Nuke said:

Same here!
You people are exhausting
nomadic_ag
AG
Oldfart2 said:

PETA is simply trying to use Von to make a name for themselves. They don't care about the animals. They only care about looking like they care when reality says they don't. They are the inspiration for my sig.....
Seems to me that the Yahoo writer is using PETA and Von to get some clicks. This story has click bait written all over it.
BQ78
AG
I guess the Yahoo writer doesn't know the rules for Texags posters, they are a rare species and need to be released after they have been click baited.
gigemags-99
AG
If PETA liked his work with sharks, they are going to love his future with chickens.
HiWay6
AG
Mark Cuban and Shark Tank??
TMartin
As soon as I got to the word "bullying" I stopped reading.
Signel
AG
Didn't he go out with BlacktipH (youtube kid?) If so, they always release what they catch.
OrygunAg
AG
RPM said:

Meh, as a surfer i hate sharks. Pretty sure he can afford the fine...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.