Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I know we have a lot of WR's but....

5,851 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dixichkn
HowdyGetRowdy409
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Darren Jones 6'8" WR

Junior Yr:
Games: 16
Receptions: 102
Yards: 2094
Yards per Catch: 20.5
Yards per Game:130.9
Longest:85
Touchdowns: 28
emando2000
AG
Isn't that the same HS as one of our DE commits?

I played with a guy similar to this kids talents but he chose BB & ended up playing in the European league for a bit. He played for tu as a small forward but his professional talent would've been in FB.

This guy would be a matchup nightmare in the red zone. You'd have to jam him cuz he wouldn't even have to jump.
Sponge
AG
6 foot CBs be like
offshoreAg00
AG
Not only is he huge, but he is an amazing athlete and can make some great plays after the catch, as well. However I do think he's too skinny and would get injured fairly quickly in the SEC. His future is probably on the court rather than the football field.
helloag99
It is all about speed
rocky the dog
AG
I think he needs to grow a little more.

Just kidding. But for a wide receiver, he's not very wide.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Offer him and his quarterback. That guy knows how to throw to a tall WR.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Can he play LB, or gtfo
HowdyGetRowdy409
Pretty sure we have offered him
bruno319
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

Offer him and his quarterback. That guy knows how to throw to a tall WR.

I was just thinking, 102 catches in one year and average 20 yds/catch. Should we also be looking at the QB and some of the OL? Or is he just a freak or playing against mediocre Ds?
bruno319
AG
https://n.rivals.com/news/darren-jones-emerging-as-a-high-level-national-2019-prospect

"Jones, who is also a standout basketball player, is in the infancy of his recruiting process with offers from Texas A&M, Utah and Nevada so far. He saidUSC, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State andColorado have been showing interest."

"If the cornerback comes up and says, 'You're not going anywhere,' and tries to challenge me they can try but I don't think any corner can really stop me. They don't think I can run somebody over or block, but I can do it."

As for which schools stand out this early, Jones does not seem to know. He thinks Texas A&M is interesting, especially since the Aggies have targeted tall receivers for years. There seems to be significant interest in USC."
My Dad Earl
AG
Dang, if we get him and that 6'11" offensive tackle and have Jerry Schmidt get to work on them for a few months, we're going to be like the Monstars of college football.
bowhuntr
He's got incredible agility for his height - especially considering how young he is. He could easily pack on 25 lbs before it's time to step on a college field.
dixichkn
AG
He would've been a nice secondary target for Johnny to have.......y'know, since all he ever really did was just throw it up and let Mike go get it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.