Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we hire Jimbo Fisher, I will no longer follow A&M Football

29,061 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by JimAggie
cedar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fisher haters carck me up. lets keep on being irrelevant with goody guys you like. good lord the stupidity on here is mind boggling. look i don't think there is any chance jumbo comes here but he is a helluva coach. and for the record i don't give a rats ass what winston did or didn't do. apparently you have had your heads in the sand on whats gone on under sumlin.
MagnumLoad
If we offer more than the 40 million thru 2024 that he already has at FSU, stupid is not a strong enough word.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
tjack16
AG
bmks270 said:

Winston:
- rape
- shoplifting crab legs
- shouting obscenities atop tables in the student union
- property damage

Kid was out of control Fiser didn't do anything. We already had Manziel out doing dumb crap partying but at least that wasn't criminal.

Manziel

- accused of domestic violence
- hardcore alcoholic and cokehead at A&M
- signed autographs for money and got suspended by NCAA

Let's not use the "holier than thou" attitude when it comes to heisman QBs
CrazyDayDuck
tjholley17 said:

bmks270 said:

Winston:
- rape
- shoplifting crab legs
- shouting obscenities atop tables in the student union
- property damage

Kid was out of control Fiser didn't do anything. We already had Manziel out doing dumb crap partying but at least that wasn't criminal.

Manziel

- accused of domestic violence
- hardcore alcoholic and cokehead at A&M
- signed autographs for money and got suspended by NCAA

Let's not use the "holier than thou" attitude when it comes to heisman QBs

The person-on-person crime that Johnny was accused of happened when he was no longer at A&M.

The person-on-person crime Jameis is accused of happened while he was still with the Criminoles.

Big difference.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

cedar said:

Bfisher haters carck me up. lets keep on being irrelevant with goody guys you like. good lord the stupidity on here is mind boggling. look i don't think there is any chance jumbo comes here but he is a helluva coach. and for the record i don't give a rats ass what winston did or didn't do. apparently you have had your heads in the sand on whats gone on under sumlin.

Right on!

Looking forward to 3-6, seeing coeds getting assaulted and a HC go off the rails.

I mean, if we're going to have a train wreck, let's go all out, right?
I don't think he is coming here, but if you are including his current record in your ridicule then you are not very bright. His overall winning percentage and national title are impressive. Has SEC experience. The whole Winston ordeal reeks though, comes across as sleazy
yell_on_6th st
AG
Uh oh, OP mad.
APHIS AG
runontexas said:

Dark era of A$M football with Jimbo
And exactly how many "dark eras" have we had?
rocky the dog
AG
Just my two cents...I believe Jimbo is the only coach (if available) who can make us competitive in the SEC.
CrazyDayDuck
Aggie GIGolo said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

cedar said:

Bfisher haters carck me up. lets keep on being irrelevant with goody guys you like. good lord the stupidity on here is mind boggling. look i don't think there is any chance jumbo comes here but he is a helluva coach. and for the record i don't give a rats ass what winston did or didn't do. apparently you have had your heads in the sand on whats gone on under sumlin.

Right on!

Looking forward to 3-6, seeing coeds getting assaulted and a HC go off the rails.

I don't think he is coming here, but if you are including his current record in your ridicule then you are not very bright. His overall winning percentage and national title are impressive. Has SEC experience. The whole Winston ordeal reeks though, comes across as sleazy

If that's the case, that we are going to ignore his current coaching results and only focus on the past, then why not focus on Les Miles or even Mack Brown? They both have natties, impressive overall records and without the controversy.

Do you geniuses supporting Fisher understand that?
Hamburger Dan
I haven't been called a genius in a long time. Thank you.
tjack16
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Aggie GIGolo said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

cedar said:

Right on!

If that's the case, that we are going to ignore his current coaching results and only focus on the past, then why not focus on Les Miles or even Mack Brown? They both have natties, impressive overall records and without the controversy.

I would absolutely support going after Miles.... however Mack has been out of coaching since 2013. That's the big difference
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm not sure bringing up Mack and Les makes the point I think you're trying to make.

Mack is 66 and hasn't coached in what, 5 years? I'd support hiring him if this was 15 years ago.

You could certainly do worse than Les Miles and I'd be fine with that hire.

But LSU was kind of on a slow downwards trajectory for a decade. And we all know it was becoming an adventure every Saturday for LSU...they never quite fully put it together like FSU normally has under Fisher. Hence, give me Fisher ahead of Les.
bam02
AG
Lungblood said:

Not sure if serious because that video makes me want him more.

Exactly.
terata
AG
If we truly want to WIN it'll take a "jimbo" or "jimbo like" coach. Otherwise, if you're happy where you are and you know it, clap your hands
phatbeast
AG
Man, I don't usually agree with CrazyDayDuck, but he's right on on this thread.
MatthewRothell
AG
https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/425806
centexag50
AG
Bye bye
agz win
AG
OP, Post your season ticket section, row and seat numbers.

Always looking to upgrade.
Goose83
AG
I had someone tell me that hiring Fisher would be the same as when the Cowboys hired Switzer.

They haven't watched a Cowboy's game since.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Aggie GIGolo said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

cedar said:

Right on!

Someone's got a bone for Les!
I'm no Jimbo pumper, but harping on his results this season is ridiculous. Dude can coach, recruit and win. FSU has been a powerhouse. The sleazy factor is another matter. That should be the only reason to argue against him.
Agcutter
AG
Adios muchacho. It's imminent. And the truth is we tolerate issues with some we don't with others.
PyriteAg
AG
I wonder if some of the posters here think the same about Jimbo as they did when they posted on this thread?
fav13andac1)c
AG
Based on his post history, it doesn't look like OP ever stopped following A&M football. Interesting.
AWP 97
AG
Great recall
greg.w.h
AG
Dario said:

I wonder if some of the posters here think the same about Jimbo as they did when they posted on this thread?
his most recent post as op on this board was as of 12/20/2021.
Caesar4
AG
greg.w.h said:

Dario said:

12/12/2020
SA-AG72
AG
greg.w.h said:

Dario said:

Back to the future.
aginlakeway
AG
12thmanfootball said:

This will be the last straw. Athletic Director's job would be in jeopardy, too!!!

So when are you going to stop following Aggie football?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
runontexas said:

Dark era of A$M football with Jimbo

Solid take here.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Bill Superman
AG
These clowns should be banned. Too many bad opinions on this board.
PyriteAg
AG
Bill Superman said:

Bad opinions are bearable for the most part. People have dumb takes from time to time.

What I don't get is saying "If ____ happens, I'm going to stop following A&M football".
greg.w.h
AG
Correct. I'll leave it as is for the ambiance...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
3 years later, and am more convinced than ever that this part of Title IX is insane. Coaches and schools should have absolutely zero to do with anything involving sexual assault. That doesn't make Art Briles not a POS, but he should never have been put in the position to begin with.

Girls need to go to the police, not their sexual partners coaches to report claims of sexual assault or violence.

If something like the Tallahassee PD or Waco PD coverups happen, then you address that with the city, not the school that just happens to be in that city.
wbt5845
AG
I carefully open these old threads and scroll through looking for a dumb drunk comment from me. Got outta this one clean.
rbcs_2
AG
Dario said:

Bill Superman said:

Bad opinions are bearable for the most part. People have dumb takes from time to time.

What I don't get is saying "If ____ happens, I'm going to stop following A&M football".
If I get chosen to help colonize Mars, I'm going to stop following A&M football.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.