Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kenny Hill [status--Ed. by Staff]

9,504 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by badharambe
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
according to the newspaper star-telegram, he's not traveling to Tech for the game....here.
Bunk Moreland
the article alludes to concussions being the reason...but don't let me get in the way of that swipe at Hill.
Mort Rainey
badharambe said:

according to the newspaper star-telegram, he's not traveling to Tech for the game....here.

It says nothing about him doing anything wrong. This is cheap and stupid.

Also your username sucks and isn't clever
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Big 12 conspiracy, allow Tech to beat TCU to become bowl eligible, then the refs will make sure tu beats Tech for another bowl eligible team.
C Loves L
Aggie_Eric98 said:

Big 12 conspiracy, allow Tech to beat TCU to become bowl eligible, then the refs will make sure tu beats Tech for another bowl eligible team.

Not even you believes this
TheGreatScott12
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

Nino Brown
I used to get pissed when the mods would interfere all the time. Now I want to be one, some of these jackholes shouldn't even be allowed to start new topics, just post only.
Phoenix1
Bunk Moreland said:

the article alludes to concussions being the reason...but don't let me get in the way of that swipe at Hill.

Horse crap- the article does make mention of "a source" saying It could be concussion related but then hints at totally dismissing that and leans toward something else being the reason. Patterson's statement itself strongly hints at it being "hopefully a learning experience". What kind of learning do you get from a concussion. It strongly suggests Hill has some sort of off field issue and his history would suggest its alcohol related.
badharambe
AG
GeorgePlimpton said:

badharambe said:

It says nothing about him doing anything wrong. This is cheap and stupid.

Also your username sucks and isn't clever
cool.

full disclosure, i only read the yahoo article which stated (posted below so you don't have to give them clicks)
Quote:

Earlier this week, TCU coach Gary Patterson said Hill was questionable to play on Saturday and the Star-Telegram report notes that no injury was apparent after Saturday's game vs. Oklahoma. Hill spoke to the media, a practice injured players typically do not take part in.

seems to insinuate something other than an injury, whether or not true.

either way, i'll eat this crow and take my licks. I should have read the actual news article and not some yahoo clickbait.
Macarthur
Phoenix1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Horse crap- the article does make mention of "a source" saying It could be concussion related but then hints at totally dismissing that and leans toward something else being the reason. Patterson's statement itself strongly hints at it being "hopefully a learning experience". What kind of learning do you get from a concussion. It strongly suggests Hill has some sort of off field issue and his history would suggest its alcohol related.
The fact of the matter is that Hill has been mediocre at best this year. Robinson is a potential star in the making and there were lots of folks around the program that thought Robinson would be the starter by the end of the season.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
This is a touchy subject because of the insinuation towards Hill; but more troublesome to many here, may undermine the 'Sumlin ruined Hill' crowd.
TXAggie2011
AG
Macarthur said:

Phoenix1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

The fact of the matter is that Hill has been mediocre at best this year. Robinson is a potential star in the making and there were lots of folks around the program that thought Robinson would be the starter by the end of the season.

You want the other guy to start the game, you start the other guy.

You don't leave your season-long starter with a 150 rating completing 66% of his passes for 2300 yards, 16 TDs against 5 INTs off the plane.

Hopefully we know more about what happened. More than one source suggesting it's concussion related and it's quite possible they noticed something during the week or that something happened during the week.

Also possible that he did something stupid but it's at best speculation.
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm going to speculate that he got a concussion doing something dumb.
The Debt
Injured players don't travel with the team?
TXAggie2011
AG
Phoenix1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

I'm pretty sure called it this a "learning experience" in the context of the team being without multiple notable players.

So, not sure he was really hinting at what you're thinking. (But if someone has the full transcript, fine if I'm proved wrong.)

He spent a lot of time before that talking about injuries and guys, including Hill, being "questionable or probable, they might play" and blah blah blah.
TXAggie2011
AG
The Debt said:

Often they don't. Josh Rosen, for example, didn't travel with UCLA a couple weeks ago when he was recovering from a concussion.
Macarthur
TXAggie2011 said:

Macarthur said:

Phoenix1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

You want the other guy to start the game, you start the other guy.

You don't leave your season-long starter with a 150 rating completing 66% of his passes for 2300 yards, 16 TDs against 5 INTs off the plane.

Hopefully we know more about what happened. More than one source suggesting it's concussion related and it's quite possible they noticed something during the week or that something happened during the week.

Also possible that he did something stupid but it's at best speculation.

Sure, it's possible.

Your point though about stats is a bit misleading. TCU's defense has been really good this year. They have basically used Hill as not much more than a bus driver. When they have been in situations where they have needed the QB to make plays, he has had some major errors, such as the ISU game, and of course, the OU game. It was painfully obvious they didn't trust him, at all.
Madman
AG
Tom Herman is confused by this development.
TheBro
Aggie_Eric98 said:

I guess if TCU wins without him, what you will claim went wrong?
TheBro
Macarthur said:

Phoenix1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Yeah, these stats are pretty bad: For Hill, it means an interruption in a season in which he ranks ninth in the country in completion percentage (65.9) with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 16-to-5. He has run for 194 yards and three touchdowns.
Macarthur
TheBro said:

Macarthur said:

Phoenix1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Yeah, these stats are pretty bad: For Hill, it means an interruption in a season in which he ranks ninth in the country in completion percentage (65.9) with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 16-to-5. He has run for 194 yards and three touchdowns.

My comment above is that his stats are misleading. He has built up some good stats against the weaker oppoents on the schedule.

When they have played tougher opponents, they have clearly protected him. If you have watched some of these games, you know what I'm talking about. THey are running the ball a ton and playing good defense.
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm not saying he's been awesome or anything, in fact it doesn't matter much how well he's played.

If you want to make a starting QB change, you don't leave your former starter off the trip. You just don't start him and he's there to be the backup.

We're still going to take Mond on our road trips...
Macarthur
TXAggie2011 said:

I'm not saying he's been awesome or anything, in fact it doesn't matter much how well he's played.

If you want to make a starting QB change, you don't leave your former starter off the trip. You just don't start him and he's there to be the backup.

We're still going to take Mond on our road trips...
Unless it's a medical reason and it's very common for someone that is in concussion protocol to not travel.
Nino Brown
I don't give a damn if he has a concussion or did something to violate team rules. So the kid used to play here but what the hell are you talking about. Either way, it feels like most of the 13-14 year olds I teach and coach. Bunch of damn adults just waiting for the moment to start a post to talk down or negatively about someone much less a 22 year is stale and f-ing embarrassing. Does it make you feel better to make others look bad?
Timberwolf
AG
Clearly the article leaves the door open to something other than an injury. But the thing that grabbed me was that TOTAL ass wipe move by Mayfield hitting the TCU player in the head before the game. How was that punk not penalized by the conference? Before game actions are overlooked?
W
AG
so this could push Oklahoma State into the title game, if the Frogs falter without Hill
Bob Harris
Oh my God - you slandered Kenny! You b@stards!
MetoliusAg
The Debt said:

Concussed ones usually don't travel.
aggiehawg
AG
etcetera said:

The Debt said:

Concussed ones usually don't travel.
Not advised at all.

Have nothing against Kenny, other than his personal problems became every Aggie fan's headache for awhile.

Hope he heals, no matter the precise malady.
badharambe
AG
Truth. I remember Myles didn't travel for an away game last year during his ankle injury/rehab.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.