Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coming to my first game at Texas A&M

8,936 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieFabricator
Inspector Javert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The locals call it the Snakepit
_mpaul
AG
aggiedent said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

San Antonio is great... river walk, Alamo, pearl brewery area, zoo, etc...

aggiedent said:

You mean "great" as some type of punishment?

Never understood San Antonio haters. SA is great

In farness, I don't "hate" San Antonio. It's OK..............certainly not great. If I was going to choose to visit a city for a vacation (which is not really my kind of vacation anyways) SA would not be high on the list. It's not even top of the list for Texas cities......I'd take Austin any day. So, if I was taking precious vacation time in San Antonio, it would feel like punishment to me.
That's OK, we'd probably feel like it was punishment to us, too.
Jawbreaker
Stay away from our lady folk!
jc100
AG
Along with the other posters, if you're into a good breakfast try First Watch in college station or the Village in Bryan.

Have a great time and Howdy
Guppy91
AG
jc100 said:

Along with the other posters, if you're into a good breakfast try First Watch in college station or the Village in Bryan.

Try Snooze In Austin for breakfast (South Lamar). Safe travels! Howdy!
Martin Cash
AG
aggiedent said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

aggiedent said:

In farness, I don't "hate" San Antonio. It's OK..............certainly not great. If I was going to choose to visit a city for a vacation (which is not really my kind of vacation anyways) SA would not be high on the list. It's not even top of the list for Texas cities......I'd take Austin any day. So, if I was taking precious vacation time in San Antonio, it would feel like punishment to me.
LMAO. Too friggin' weird!
Jolie.gray
AG
Grab breakfast at Hulabaloo Diner in Wellborn if you have time Sunday morning. Get there early and put your name on the list on the porch!
John Francis Donaghy
UATide4Ever said:

Thanks for all the input guys! Buddy and I are visiting SA for two days, then Austin for a day then College Station. Staying at Cavalry Court in College Station. Looking forward to seeing alot!

Timing looks about right. Enough time to see what there is to see in both SA and Austin, and then moving on. Try to stay in either city much longer than that as a tourist and you'd have some trouble filling your time. You'll have a good time.
Pleasant Friendly Ag
Cstrickland05 said:

aggiedent said:

Quote:

I live here. It is not great, and I live in a nice part of town. Seriously, unless you are literally inside the 4 walls of a nice hotel or a nice gated subdivision, it is a ****ty, ****ty place full of crime, poverty, homeless people, run down buildings, and gimmicky Mexican stuff.

Name one thing you can do on a "vacation" to San Antonio that you can't do much better somewhere else? If your answer is "enjoy all of the crime, poverty, homeless people, run down buildings, and gimmicky Mexican stuff," I guess you might be right. Other than that, the answer is nothing.
armymom
Be sure to do a bathroom break enroute from San Antonio at Buc-cees in Bastrop!
April98
For sure be there for step-off and watch the band and Corps of cadets go by.
MSC
Century Tree
Just walk campus & read!

BTHObama
HoldMyBeer
AG
dlance said:

Midnight Yell Friday night
Walk around the MSC

I'd say Corps Museum but it will be closed (8-5 M-F)

Northgate

The Corps Museum is open on game days. It's interesting, air-conditioned and most important - has working bathrooms.
HalifaxAg
AG
The Bush Presidential Library and the Bonfire Memorial
Grab a burrito from Freebirds or make a short drive to Bryan for BBQ from Fargo's
The corp stepping off from the Quad is really cool
Dixie Chicken and the Dry Bean Saloon next door are special, and you can't miss bottle cap alley between them
Spend some time walking the campus, the architecture is unique.
Check out the statue of Sul Ross ("Sully") and the Century Tree is right there
the MSC is neat to explore, look for the wood carving murals and the Congressional medal of honor displays.
The new 12th man statue by Kyle Field is nice as is the giant Aggie ring behind the alumni center

All of these spots are photo-ops....it would hard to do all of these in one day unless you get up really early and that's not likely is go to Midnight Yell and I wouldn't miss that....Midnight Yell is "compound-complex" and I miss it.

No matter what you do decide to see, I hope you enjoy yourself and will comeback in the future. And please, if you need directions from anyone, just say "Howdy" and ask.
HalifaxAg
AG
Remember the Alamo

Fiesta Texas
Seaworld
Tubing the nearby rivers
It's a gateway to the wine country
the Spurs
you guys have a minor league hockey team
you are minutes away from some of the best hunting and fishing in Texas
you are minutes away from some of the best scenery in Texas
you are minutes away from great hiking & camping spots
You have Penners

I'll never lived there, but I have lived in Philly. Philly is old, broken down and resembles the toilet you describe.

Maybe San Antonio isn't for you. If you're truly unhappy there, make a change. I was very unhappy in Philly, but pleased as punch to be back in Texas....anywhere in Texas.
VatoLocoAggie
Howdy!

Welcome to Texas and Home of the 12th Man. The best and classiest fans in all sports and playing in the Taj Mahal of college football surrounded by the best game day atmosphere environment.

You will be in awe at how special a game is at Kyle. As others have already stated there is so much astonishing and awe-struck things to see and do here. Just stay away and avoid the tu sips and tceh tards that are envious and try to crash our tailgates and Midnight Yell.

If you get in early enough, you really need to experience Midnight Yell.
The following morning get there early and just follow the gaggles. Ags will welcome you with open arms, a firm handshake, and a trusting look in the eye. You will be in good hands while visiting and we will take care of you as it is in our maroon blood and southern and Texan hospitality.

Have some real beef and spice bbq instead of that trash sweet sauce pork bbq y'all eat in Bama.
I doubt you will spend any money at the tailgates as Ags will offer you free booze and food. No other place is like this. You will see.

I hope you will post on here after your experience and give us feedback from your experience. I am sure it will be praises. Enjoy our beautiful and campus and "scenery" if you know what I mean.

Don't be too upset though when we win. There is a spirit in the air about this game.

Gig 'em!
txag11
AG
Walk around the pretty awesome tailgating all over campus. You'll get offered lots of food and beer.
runontexas
AG
Guppy91 said:

Try Snooze In Austin for breakfast (South Lamar). Safe travels! Howdy!

The snooze in Houston is better
texagg14
AG
Pleasant Friendly Ag said:

Cstrickland05 said:

aggiedent said:

Quote:

I live here. It is not great, and I live in a nice part of town. Seriously, unless you are literally inside the 4 walls of a nice hotel or a nice gated subdivision, it is a ****ty, ****ty place full of crime, poverty, homeless people, run down buildings, and gimmicky Mexican stuff.

Name one thing you can do on a "vacation" to San Antonio that you can't do much better somewhere else? If your answer is "enjoy all of the crime, poverty, homeless people, run down buildings, and gimmicky Mexican stuff," I guess you might be right. Other than that, the answer is nothing.

Go on and gtfo then. I agree with some of the above but SA and surrounding areas are my home and you sound like a crusty twat.

Dallas has endless room for dbags.
AggieFabricator
AnalogyAg said:

if You're driving from San Antonio, should take you about 2hrs 45 min traveling up I-35 then hitting Hwy 21 in San Marcos. Be safe driving!

Enjoy San Antonio- great friendly town. Have dinner outside on the Riverwalk. Market Square a bit touristy but still a fun place. And if you like history, besides the Alamo you should visit one of the other four missions- probably Mission San Jose. If Catholic, (and even if not) St Joseph's diwntown is gorgeous old German church. If taking kids, Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is one of top rated water parks in nation (if still open in Oct?). Lastly the Hill Country is beautiful just 30 min north of san antonio- make sure to grab lots of Texas BBQ.

BTHO Bama!

Instead of going through San Marcos to go to College Station, go down IH-10 to Luling to eat BBQ then proceed on to Bastrop. It's not much out of the way. Go eat at City Market in Luling, it's as good a authentic Texas BBQ experience as you'll get. Yeah, even Franklins, who waits hour in line? I have a job. You'll enjoy it. Trust me. Best time to go is around 11:15 to not wait in line. If it's not Friday the line wont be too bad even at lunch. It's cash only too FYI.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.