Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brent Zwerneman Tweet

17,163 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiehawg
AggieTFA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did Hyman manage his expectations?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
rather be fishing
AG
Whoever typed up that article is a friggin dunce. It's really hard to read it because the English is so bad,
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Hyman was hired to build a stadium.

Cool, but his title was AD. If he felt being impeded from what he thought his job should be, then he should have done something about it.
CrazyDayDuck
ILuvAgLand said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

It's sad to say but I think one led to another. People on this board who know BMAs have said things like "Chad Morris is the next head coach, and you and I and the AD have no say in the matter." I think he was bitter about the stuff behind the scenes and decided to shut up and collect a paycheck then screw us in the way out with the TCU bull***** I think he took out his frustration on the wrong people (the players, coaches, and fans) instead of the people he really wanted to screw over.

Also don't think the ethics thing was a direct shot at us but no doubt had to do with the dealings of Johnny.

My initial thought was jff also, but it could be sumlin. Either way it probably involved covering up some sort of transgression

It's pretty well noted that Hyman and Sumlin locked horns on more than one occasion and the people in power sided with Sumlin.

Not sure this is the ethics thing that Hyman talked about, but I kind of get the feeling that he wanted harsher penalties on player violations than what Sumlin gave out.
CrazyDayDuck
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

Cool, but his title was AD. If he felt being impeded from what he thought his job should be, then he should have done something about it.

I was never a big Hyman fan but who here is going to walk away from a high paying gig over being micromanaged?

If I was in that situation, I would have the attitude of, "If you want to do my job, fine. I'll just drink my coffee and flirt with my secretary."

And I said "Flirt" not another F word.
rather be fishing
AG
If I was being tasked with ruining Kyle Field, I would honestly walk away with a $1M buyout of my contract to make someone else make the decision to play the FTAB through a speaker and build a dj booth in the stadium.
W
AG
back to Hyman...his "superior morals" etc.., was (I believe) wanting longer suspensions for players that tested positive. Sumlin only suspends for 1 game. Of course some schools suspend for zero games
Secolobo
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

He knew what his job was. That's why we never heard from him.
jml2621
candyland02 said:

What I take from the interview is Hyman didn't have the balls or just didn't care to do his job. Of course plenty of folks want their hand in athletics but in the end he didn't do his job well.

Sharp and the BOR ran all over Hyman...particularly after suspending key defensive players at the beginning of the 2013 season.

Managing Expectations.
rather be fishing
AG
Is the 49ers Dana Bible as good as D. X. Bible?
CrewDriver84
AG
Humorous Username
AG
BigBrother said:

If this was true, Looch would surely have reported on it.
black_hat_ag
BigBrother said:

Schrute
CrazyDayDuck said:

ILuvAgLand said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

It's sad to say but I think one led to another. People on this board who know BMAs have said things like "Chad Morris is the next head coach, and you and I and the AD have no say in the matter." I think he was bitter about the stuff behind the scenes and decided to shut up and collect a paycheck then screw us in the way out with the TCU bull***** I think he took out his frustration on the wrong people (the players, coaches, and fans) instead of the people he really wanted to screw over.

Also don't think the ethics thing was a direct shot at us but no doubt had to do with the dealings of Johnny.

My initial thought was jff also, but it could be sumlin. Either way it probably involved covering up some sort of transgression

It's pretty well noted that Hyman and Sumlin locked horns on more than one occasion and the people in power sided with Sumlin.

Not sure this is the ethics thing that Hyman talked about, but I kind of get the feeling that he wanted harsher penalties on player violations than what Sumlin gave out.
But remember now, the national media wants people to believe that we've treated Sumlin shamefully and we owe him an apology. And also remember that we should be happy and content because well....we're Texas A&M.
CrazyDayDuck
Schrute said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

ILuvAgLand said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

But remember now, the national media wants people to believe that we've treated Sumlin shamefully and we owe him an apology. And also remember that we should be happy and content because well....we're Texas A&M.
So sickeningly true.

And his supporters are pushing this agenda. The apologists want people to believe that Sumlin is getting pushed out unfairly on account that people simply "Hate" him.

It's sickening how those of us who simply want accountability, and have treated him and his family better than most schools would have, are being portrayed as racist haters.

We're ranked 46th in a composite of all computer rankings. You can not get more objective than that.
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

I guess the apologists think computers are racist haters.
Lionel Mandrake
Since the 70s A&M athletics have been run by big money versus administrators. It left us with the firing of Bellard, the cheating of Sherrill, the hiring of Fran, the firing of Sherman, the contract of Sumlin, etc. At some point A&M needs to hire an adminstrator (President and AD) with the balls to stand up to deep pocketed pencil pushing boosters. Loftin made a terrible pick with Hyman because he was obviously the opposite. They should have hired someone with A&M ties who had guts and knew athletics.
MaxPower
Well Sherill was a good hire and the cheating was rampant everywhere during his tenure. I perceive the problem more simply. Back in the old days, the BMA's were more likely to understand football because they had true proximity to it (or even played themselves). Nowadays we have a bunch of skinny pants, 3 piece suit types who know nothing about athletics that simply want to have "their" guy. And I say this as someone under 40.
runontexas
AG
Humorous Username said:

BigBrother said:

I don't think he gets his hands dirty with that crap.
He focuses on the gridiron. I'm a stern supporter of Looch.
stetson
AG
Quote:

A&M was Hyman's fat 'retirement' gig.
Apparently, A&M is everyone's fat retirement gig.
runontexas
AG
Sumlin's too? After that big payday?
Stumpknocker
Why do we always hire the wrong people?

THE CURSE is powerful and far reaching....
Quincey P. Morris
AG

As if the other quotes weren't clear on Brent's feelings.
John Cocktolstoy
NEVER LET YOUR BOOSTER CLUB GET BIGGER THAN YOUR PROGRAM!
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
biobioprof
Lionel Mandrake said:

Since the 70s A&M athletics have been run by big money versus administrators. It left us with the firing of Bellard, the cheating of Sherrill, the hiring of Fran, the firing of Sherman, the contract of Sumlin, etc. At some point A&M needs to hire an adminstrator (President and AD) with the balls to stand up to deep pocketed pencil pushing boosters. Loftin made a terrible pick with Hyman because he was obviously the opposite. They should have hired someone with A&M ties who had guts and knew athletics.
What if having A&M ties and knowing athletics are mutually exclusive? At least in terms of knowing college athletics vs knowing A&M athletics.

Who would have both among past ADs? We used to have the football coach double up as the AD until Crow, right? Crow was a great Ag, but was he a good AD? Groff was at A&M since 1966 when he took over from Crow in 93. IIRC, he's known for letting A&M fall behind while coasting on the relative success of the teams that Sherrill and RC built around the Wrecking Crew.
titanmaster_race
runontexas said:

Pretty rich coming from Sharp
Boiling Denim
Sumlin has lost control of the Athletic Director!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Who would have both among past ADs? We used to have the football coach double up as the AD until Crow, right? Crow was a great Ag, but was he a good AD? Groff was at A&M since 1966 when he took over from Crow in 93. IIRC, he's known for letting A&M fall behind while coasting on the relative success of the teams that Sherrill and RC built around the Wrecking Crew.
Groff sucked. Crow was AD when the job was quite different from what it is today. Title IX changed a ton of s***.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.