Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggie Freshman QB

7,839 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by vander54
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1) It's never been done before here
2) This wasn't the first bad defense we ever played
3) Bottom line - he did was he supposed to do against the competition
Ragoo
AG
vander54 said:

Trevor Knights best game last year was against Prarie View and he was

21/37 56.8%
344 yards
3 TD
1 INT

Mond had a better completion percentage and same TD and INT. The big difference is one was a Senior and the other is a true freshman.
5th year senior no less.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

You're living in a bubble. We're in the SEC now.
So it's OK to bash our players now that we are in the SEC?
Meximan
Jack Cheese said:

vander54 said:

It's still a good job by Mond. Over 60% passing and 301 yards is a damn good game.

Nah, according to the texags message board heroes it is "hollow".

God I hate this board. I can only guess that any HS prospects or potential coaches must never read texags or they would never want to come to A&M. So many of our fans are garbage.

Tearing down a true freshman who had a good game. Jesus Christ.

I agree with both these posts. This is why we don't have nice things.
BAS for life
when all you miserable people out there realize that we are not going to be a championship team this year (more likely to be fighting for a bowl), then you will enjoy this season a lot more. You will actually be happy to see some young guys making plays, root for this team to show progress and just hope for the best.

Going into the season, I think most expected around 7-5 or 6-6.

We replaced our QB with 2 freshman, only 2 from our 8 deep at receiver were returning (one had drop issues) to be replaced by freshman. Reynolds was a monster for us and is now gone. Lost 2 really good DEs and a great safety. Everyone should have prepared themselves for the fact that there was going to be some bad football as these kids learned. You could only HOPE that the freshman would learn quickly and MAYBE have a chance to be better than the guys they replaced but I think that was unrealistic for that to happen across the board.

I am excited to see these young guys. I hope they stay hungry. We have seen great flashes at RB, CB, LB and QB from true freshmen.
InMyOpinion
83Aggie said:

Just looked it up, Allen had 277 yds in the upset of #3 Auburn.

He also had 294 against West Virginia in the bowl game
T-Shizzle
BAS for life said:

when all you miserable people out there realize that we are not going to be a championship team this year (more likely to be fighting for a bowl), then you will enjoy this season a lot more. You will actually be happy to see some young guys making plays, root for this team to show progress and just hope for the best.

Going into the season, I think most expected around 7-5 or 6-6.

We replaced our QB with 2 freshman, only 2 from our 8 deep at receiver were returning (one had drop issues) to be replaced by freshman. Reynolds was a monster for us and is now gone. Lost 2 really good DEs and a great safety. Everyone should have prepared themselves for the fact that there was going to be some bad football as these kids learned. You could only HOPE that the freshman would learn quickly and MAYBE have a chance to be better than the guys they replaced but I think that was unrealistic for that to happen across the board.

I am excited to see these young guys. I hope they stay hungry. We have seen great flashes at RB, CB, LB and QB from true freshmen.

Oh my a Texags poster who lives in reality, I was beginning to wonder if there where any left. "But, but freshmen aren't suppose to be playing". This is not 1981.
Unemployed
AG
sellthefarm said:

What about Allen against Louisville. Didn't he have a pretty good game...to lazy to look it up?
Hubenak started that game since both Allen and Murray decided to transfer before the bowl game.
GoodOldAgs
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Who is "bashing" Mond? Take a deep breath. I just thought his performance was meh considering who we played. True fish passing record, cool. Y'all are so ready to gang up and attack anyone who isn't 100% positive. Why so over dramatic? It's just an internet message board, so calm down. I'm entitled to my opinion, spare me the vitriol.
Tamu_mgm
AG
InMyOpinion said:

83Aggie said:

Just looked it up, Allen had 277 yds in the upset of #3 Auburn.

He also had 294 against West Virginia in the bowl game
Correct, which was at the end of the season and 3 weeks to prepare. Mond surpassed that total in week 3, 2nd week starting.
Tursiops93
AG
Would have never happened if Starkel and Hubes were not injured. Summy would've rotated them all in and out so no one QB would have had 300 yds.
Ragoo
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

AGnCS said:

Quote:

Who is "bashing" Mond? Take a deep breath. I just thought his performance was meh considering who we played. True fish passing record, cool. Y'all are so ready to gang up and attack anyone who isn't 100% positive. Why so over dramatic? It's just an internet message board, so calm down. I'm entitled to my opinion, spare me the vitriol.
His performance, especially in the second half, was simply amazing all things considered. to have a differing opinion is being irrational and obtuse for the sake of being irrational and obtuse.
Jack Cheese
AG
Nm
Jack Cheese
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

AGnCS said:

Quote:

Pointing out both positives and negatives is one thing. That's called "analysis" and it used to be available (if even small amounts) on this message board.

That's not what was happening. Just calling it a "hollow" record or dismissing it altogether is the kind of BS we've become accustomed to, and it's what happened on this thread. You've become so negative you can't even detect it anymore, I suspect.

Mond had a good, not perfect game. More yards than any freshman QB before and that's a legitimate accomplishment. He has improved dramatically week to week. He's throwing to very inexperienced receivers, and did it pretty successfully. There's reason for hope, but still needs validation against better SEC competition.

Is that so hard?

Here's my prediction. If Mond looks good or very good on Saturday, the same ****heads will be on this board tearing him down saying that Arky sucks and it doesn't mean anything. Because texags.
GoodOldAgs
Jack Cheese said:

GoodOldAgs said:

AGnCS said:

Quote:

Pointing out both positives and negatives is one thing. That's called "analysis" and it used to be available (if even small amounts) on this message board.

That's not what was happening. Just calling it a "hollow" record or dismissing it altogether is the kind of BS we've become accustomed to, and it's what happened on this thread. You've become so negative you can't even detect it anymore, I suspect.

Mond had a good, not perfect game. More yards than any freshman QB before and that's a legitimate accomplishment. He has improved dramatically week to week. He's throwing to very inexperienced receivers, and did it pretty successfully. There's reason for hope, but still needs validation against better SEC competition.

Is that so hard?

Here's my prediction. If Mond looks good or very good on Saturday, the same ****heads will be on this board tearing him down saying that Arky sucks and it doesn't mean anything. Because texags.

I can respect this. You took the time to explain your stance using rationality and logic instead of hurling insults.
AnalogyAg
Even when he couldnt complete a pass at UCLA, I thought he played fairly well given circumstamces and showed a lot promise.

Umbelievable some here were calling "bust" after first true fish game.

Look forward to continued progress.

83Aggie
AG
Kellen is playing with some confidence now. If the young receiving corps continues to improve and the O line gives him time, he's going to have a really good season throwing the ball.
Southlake
Kenny Hill had 511 against SC as a RS fish...
vander54
S
Southlake said:

Kenny Hill had 511 against SC as a RS fish...

Mond broke a true freshman record.
World's worst proofreader
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.