Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Pre-Season Sagarin Rating (SIAP)

3,485 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HustlerAggie
HustlerAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yet another pre-season ranking:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2017/team/

We are at #21 in this one.

Others from our schedule:

Bama-#1
Auburn-#5
LSU-#7
Arkansas-#16
Florida-#23
MSU-#31
UCLA-#34
Ole Miss-#43
Mizzou-#73
New Mexico-#97
LA-Lafayette-#108
Nicholls St.-#195
Habanero Guero
AG
Arkansas is high. Isn't this supposed to be a down year for them?
Aggie95
AG
you need to replace #73 (Mizzou) for #50 South Carolina
vander54
S
Texas Tau Ag17 said:

It should be. LB are bad. OL is weak. No receivers.
HustlerAggie
Texas Tau Ag17 said:

I know they got a new DC and are making a lot of changes on that side of the ball, from 4-3 to 3-4. Also, their QB and runningbacks should be good. Of course, as vander pointed out, they have holes like everyone else. Their game against TCU before they play us should be telling.
Tamu_mgm
AG
vander54 said:

Texas Tau Ag17 said:

BUT, they return their QB Austin Allen who is legit. Their offense will be dangerous regardless of who they lost because of that kid, and I don't need to go over how tough he is. We all saw the game last year how he kept getting up after getting crushed repeatedly.
Sq 17
unlikely 6 out of 7 teams from the sec west remain in the top 35
vander54
S
Tamu_mgm said:

vander54 said:

Texas Tau Ag17 said:

BUT, they return their QB Austin Allen who is legit. Their offense will be dangerous regardless of who they lost because of that kid, and I don't need to go over how tough he is. We all saw the game last year how he kept getting up after getting crushed repeatedly.

The issue also is they don't have the 1-2 punch at RB this year. Allen is an awesome QB but no OL, no receivers and worse running game does not bode well for them.
HoustonAg2106
AG
vander54 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

vander54 said:

Texas Tau Ag17 said:

The issue also is they don't have the 1-2 punch at RB this year. Allen is an awesome QB but no OL, no receivers and worse running game does not bode well for them.
Allen impressed me a lot in our game against them last year, tough dude. And I don't think their running game will be that much worse than they have had since Bielema got there, that's what they do.
vander54
S
HoustonAg2106 said:

vander54 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

vander54 said:

Texas Tau Ag17 said:

Allen impressed me a lot in our game against them last year, tough dude. And I don't think their running game will be that much worse than they have had since Bielema got there, that's what they do.

They usually have a good line and two good RB. They don't have that this year.

Last year they were more of a passing team but they had proven receivers and a good TE. This year they don't. They brought in a JUCO to help at WR and he was a disappointment in the spring. Maybe things have changed but last I heard they were in a little bit of trouble.
HoustonAg2106
AG
vander54 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

vander54 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

vander54 said:

Texas Tau Ag17 said:

Last year they were more of a passing team but they had proven receivers and a good TE. This year they don't. They brought in a JUCO to help at WR and he was a disappointment in the spring. Maybe things have changed but last I heard they were in a little bit of trouble.
They may have unproven players at those positions, but I'm just going on Bielema's history and history says that he knows how to recruit OL and RB and they will be effective there. I don't think that changes anything, they will win 6-7 games like they always do and they will lose to us like they always do.
hogfan14
vander54 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

vander54 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

vander54 said:

Texas Tau Ag17 said:

There are definitely a lot of unknowns this year.

Jared Cornelius was one of the most efficient slot WRs in college football last year, but he's been out with a back injury all fall camp. The coaches love the players behind him but they are all RS sophomores or RS freshmen that haven't played.

There are a ton of 4* TEs on the roster and the #1 JUCO TE coming in but again, they've barely played because they had Hunter Henry and Sprinkle ahead of them.

There are 4 starters on the OL back, but they were terrible last year so will that experience help with a big leap forward or will they still be bad?

4* Freshman RB Chase Hayden has been tearing it up in practice but that's against our defense lol. He could make for a nice tandem with Whaley but we don't know what he can do in a game yet.

The TCU game will tell a lot. I just hope we can defend the QB scramble better this year because a lot of the rushing yardage we gave up last year was by the QB which is very frustrating.
lotoarmy
AG
Pigs won't have Skipper the Tripper back to cheap shot our defense.
Last of the Old Army
Dread Pirate Roberts
I can't believe anything rankings would have us at 21!

That would be awesome if we actually over-perform for once and earn that ranking.
HustlerAggie
Dread Pirate Roberts said:

I can't believe anything rankings would have us at 21!

That would be awesome if we actually over-perform for once and earn that ranking.
If we beat the teams ranked below us in this poll (8) and lose to the teams above us in this poll (4), the board will not be happy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.