Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

YESSIR!!!!!

16,103 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by coldmoose
Fizban
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lateralus Ag said:

MaxPower said:

Vinn Miller was a 210 pound DE out of HS but was an all state level hurdler. You take athletes. To a certain extent being undersized I'm HS has advantages because they aren't used to simply overpowering opponents. He may not pan out but he's the type of high risk, high reward type you need every class.

Hm. Wonder why Saban recruits big LB's? Guy must be a moron....

You really can't let one thread go can you?

He is a super athletic player who hasn't even started his senior year in HS. He can get a heck of a lot bigger over the next 2-3 years... but recruits rarely get much faster.
C Loves L
Lateralus Ag said:

MaxPower said:

Vinn Miller was a 210 pound DE out of HS but was an all state level hurdler. You take athletes. To a certain extent being undersized I'm HS has advantages because they aren't used to simply overpowering opponents. He may not pan out but he's the type of high risk, high reward type you need every class.

It was either last season or the one before... He's now having his guys on defense slim down. You will notice his guys giving up some weight to stay on top in the quickness/speed area.

I'm not saying this makes the new commit a home run at LBer. As it's been said several times already. I think we'll see him at safety. I feel good about this one. The kid has a great motor, never gives up on the play, good instincts, loves contact and is quick
StickTogetherAgs
Jack Cheese
AG
Hey guys, it's so simple! We should just do what Saban does! That way, when good things happen, we'll know we did it like Saban would, and when bad things happen, well know we weren't sufficiently Saban like.

It was right in front of us all along! How could we not see it? THANK GOD we have Lat to show us these genius nuances.

WWSD

mcag83
AG
Good get
P.U.T.U
AG
4.4 40 and close to 200 pounds, think we can find a spot somewhere on defense
Leander - Ag
tehmackdaddy
AG
The coaches told him they're looking for him to step into Donovan Wilson's roll at nickel safety playing near the LOS as a hybrid.

Gig 'em!
Maroon Flash
AG
Somewhat encouraging to see us recruiting athletic guys we obviously plan to redshirt. Former lb William Thomas comes to mind as a prototype of this.

gtaggie_08
AG
I think you mean Vonn Diesel.
RAMF90
AG
Welcome. No lets kick some ass young man.
Amazing Moves
fightinag said:

6 foot 2 180 pounds ?

He better live in the weight room or the SEC will eat him alive
These guys usually sit on their hands for 4 years. So..
Amazing Moves
gtaggie_08 said:

I think you mean Vonn Diesel.
The actor from the old spice commercials? Oscar.. give it to him.
fightinag
Amazing Moves said:

fightinag said:

6 foot 2 180 pounds ?

OK...now I understand !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
C Loves L
Amazing Moves said:

fightinag said:

6 foot 2 180 pounds ?

Yeah... No kidding

Going into his Sr year he's at 190
Armani Watts, is 200lbs. He'll play safety just as Watts does

Texags will be texags tho
Lateralus Ag
AG
Fizban said:

Lateralus Ag said:

MaxPower said:

You really can't let one thread go can you?

He is a super athletic player who hasn't even started his senior year in HS. He can get a heck of a lot bigger over the next 2-3 years... but recruits rarely get much faster.

I already said I was looking forward to him being on the team. My reply, as you see by the quote of the other poster, was in response to him, not a commentary on the recruit.

Try and keep up.
Tomdoss92
AG
Hair - covered
Ankles - unknown
Subway - needs more

i'm not impressed with this prospect

Aggie_Jeff
Saw him today at a 7on7 tournament. He's not 180. He is closer to 200. Saw Preston too. He was every bit 200 as well.
BombayAg
3 star.

Congratulations to us.
Sparkie
AG
Pylon Cam
AG
C Loves L said:

Amazing Moves said:

fightinag said:

6 foot 2 180 pounds ?

Yeah... No kidding

Going into his Sr year he's at 190
Armani Watts, is 200lbs. He'll play safety just as Watts does

Texags will be texags tho
Not true. He is being recruited to play linebacker.
P.U.T.U
AG
Several of the teams we play run a style of the spread where it is difficult to have three 230-250 pound LBs, one of the reasons we have Wilson as a nickel. If we can get this guy up to 220-225 he could play a good weak side LB.

Recruit speed first then size. If he is truly pushing 200 now he should have not problem getting to 230 by his junior year
iba
Taken from another board:

"Luicci has talked about him being one of the fasted defenders in the state including CBs. Says he has great football instincts and likes coming downhill and hitting hard.

He believes that Chavis sees him as a hard hitting safety or a OLBer that can cover RBs or the slot or TE. He sees him as a rush or gap filling lber.

He is putting on good weight. This kid hasn't started his senior year as of today. After a year in the weight room and dining hall on campus, we will see where his size and comfort level put him...

There are plenty of other LBers in this class that we did not offer. We offered this kid and pushed for him. Enough said for me."
Southlake
William Thomas.
redjalapeno-87
William Thomas speed. will wreak havoc on other side of line of scrimmage.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Chavis may never coach this kid.
tehmackdaddy
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Not true. He is being recruited to play linebacker.

According to the young man's quotes he is being recruited at nickel/hybrid safety ala Donovan Wilson.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Not a sunshine pumper but speed is the most difficult thing to improve on. After the line backer class we got last recruiting cycle this is the exact type of player I'd like us to get. He should be redshirted and may not see the field at line backer until his third year in the program, but if he can put on another 30 pounds without losing much speed and acceleration then he becomes incredibly useful. At that point a size + speed combination like that is not very common or coachable. He'd be incredibly useful at the Will spot because he'd be able to handle weak side runs and we wouldn't even have to hardly run the nickel unless they come out in an empty backfield.
Allen76
AG
Southlake said:

William Thomas.
Any doubters, just look at his highlights. He is the type that can rush in a broken down (contain) speed and still be very fast. Call him a sleeper if you want.

Loved William Thomas.
GoodOldAgs
All this talk about him playing OLB even though he's perfect for nickel. Hybrid OLB/S with blazing speed.
EliteZags
AG
Quote:

The kid has a great motor
he's white?
coldmoose
Welcome Brian!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.