Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TEXAS AGGIE MUSTER

4,880 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Duckhook
Duckhook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll tell you something about the Aggie family. My old roommate had my dad's name called in Tampa. The father of somebody that works with my sister had his name called in Alabama. Another coworker of my sister had his name called in Frisco. My daughter lit a candle for him in Galveston. Couldn't be more proud to be an Aggie than I am right now.
TowerAg90
AG
I didn't realize until hearing the roll call at Muster last night that P.H. Duval, Jr '51 passed in February, apparently from a long bout with Alzheimers. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife after an Aggie game. He asked for my address and a couple of weeks later a large cardboard tube arrived from Benton, La. with a copy of "The Last Corps Trip" and a handwritten letter. It's one of my most treasured Aggie items. Rest in Peace, Mr. Duval.
BrenTexAg74
AG
Here
Duckhook
AG
A gentleman named Ron Reed read The Last Corps Trip at my Muster. He was the same class as DuVal and apparently was a good friend of his. He did mention that DuVal had passed and told us a number of stories about him.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Good bull
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
From TexAgs Aug '15

At the Bonfire memorial dedication, I got to speak to Philo DuVal and he told the story about the Last Corps Trip. Apparently, he was just a guy and he had wrote the poem and given it to Duke to read to see what he thought of it. Well, Duke just told him that he was going to read it before bonfire that night and didn't let him say no. He was a cool dude [edit: referring to Duke's passing]
Duckhook
AG
Pretty much the same story Reed related at my Muster.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.