Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Trayveon williams

8,568 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
AgCPA11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think this is gonna be Trayeons breakout year. He averaged 6.8 yards a carry. Although his game in Alabama was rough, but that's because every guy on there team is 100lbs bigger than him. He reminds me of Ezekiel Elliot. Hopefully the o line can let him flourish this year. Mark my word Trayveons name will be mentioned quite a bit this coming season. Gig'em
Pylon Cam
AG
He had 1000 yards in the SEC as a true fish, averaging almost 7 YPC. You wouldn't call that a break out year?

I do expect him to make a jump going in to year 2, however.
Sponge
AG
Heisman; give it to him.
vonmazor
He is nothing like Ezekiel Elliot. Different body types, dramatically different running styles.
Could definitely see him breaking out next year though- mass exodus at running back across the country means that he's one of the returning rbs. UGA's crew has to be the top returning.
67walkon
Sponge has it right!
BrandoC
AG
Elliott looks good because of his blocking. Plus Williams build is not even close.
BTHOB-98
He did not play that great in SEC games in my opinion. He played ok.

It was not a break out year.
BTHOB-98
Auburn, Arkansas and Tennessee were excellent.

South Carolina was ok.

Bama, LSU, Ol Miss, miss state & K Statehe had less than 100 yards and in three of the five mentioned he had less than 50 yards.

I think he would have to go 150 in some of those big games to make impressive progress.
Hu11abaloo
AG
i tend to agree with ^

he's a brilliant back but he has to prove he can run against the more stout front sevens of the SEC. also, it's not entirely up to him; if our OL doesn't improve, especially for a lighter, quicker back like him, it won't matter. and if our OL sucks we'll likely overcompensate by using Ford more so he can truck the people we can't block.
BTHOB-98
^ this.
george92
If I had a son...........
Mike Elko
AG
george92 said:

If I had a son...........

You'd want him to date TW? That's very progressive of you, man. Neat-o.
snowdog90
I started a Trayveon thread after last year's Spring game. He didn't disappoint.
AnalogyAg
Quote:

Mark my word Trayveons name will be mentioned quite a bit this coming season.

no, i would have to disagree with that.
canadiaggie
AG
If we had a Cowboys type offensive line, we could put in a geriatric behind it and make him look like Elliot
Radiant
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

He did not play that great in SEC games in my opinion. He played ok.

It was not a break out year.

If 200 yards against Tennessee isn't good, then what is?
AggieTFA06
AG
Hope Treveon has a great year next year, but I have a bad feeling about the sophomore slump.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Bunk Moreland
AggieTFA06 said:

Hope Treveon has a great year next year, but I have a bad feeling about the sophomore slump.

Good thing we have Ford as well. I'm not worried in the least about the rb position other than the fact that Mazzone flat admitted he doesn't know who is in the game, and calls run plays regardless of who Clarence has in at the time.

Not playing to the strengths of your best skill players and instead trusting your system leads to volatile and inconsistent offense.
bigtruckguy3500
Bunk Moreland said:

AggieTFA06 said:

Good thing we have Ford as well. I'm not worried in the least about the rb position other than the fact that Mazzone flat admitted he doesn't know who is in the game, and calls run plays regardless of who Clarence has in at the time.
He actually admitted to that?

I think Trayveon's success will depend entirely on our O-line's run blocking ability and our receivers' ability to block down field. I think the reason you saw his production drop off as the year went on is because our O-line quality of play wasn't able to keep up with some of the rougher defenses like Alabama and LSU, and our play calling didn't help matters either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.