Story Poster
Texas A&M
KSU HC Bill Snyder
Kansas State Players
Texas A&M Football

Press Conference: Aggies, Wildcats recap 2016 Texas Bowl

December 29, 2016

Texas A&M fell to Kansas State in the Texas Bowl Wednesday night, 33-28, after its comeback bid fell short. After the game, representatives from each university met with the media to discuss the game, the 2016 season and more.
Discussion from...

Press Conference: Aggies, Wildcats recap 2016 Texas Bowl

9,842 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by StayPuft
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"We're not where we want to be" -ks

No sh*t. It's year 5.
MarylandAG
I'm so pissed I don't even have the heart to watch, what did the moron say about our final play? Or was he not even asked about it? I still can't believe it, really that is the best you got coach, a crappy receiver against their best corner, that is what you come up with? Pathetic. Seriously the only thing that would provide any kind of hope would be his termination. So grossly incompetent at this level, he needs to be gone ASAP. Yes, I realize it won't happen, whatever, I'm pissed as I'm sure all of our fan base is and I'm venting. I can't believe we went out like that. Damn it!
MarylandAG
So I watched it, now I'm even more angry. They get asked about the last play and at one point Trevor's says something to the effect of "I knew we weren't going to block him". He is referring to the defender coming untouched. Correct me if I'm wrong, at that point didn't we still have a timeout? If so, why the hell not call it if you ""knew" he was going to come untouched. Why would the coaching staff not call it? Tell me I'm wrong and we were out of timeouts at that point!
Aggie_Jeff
If it makes you feel any better, ratley was open but it was a bad throw and if they knew the corner was blitzing then instead of another timeout, he could have changed the protection and have the RB pick up the free guy. I'm not saying the coaches are totally blameless but that's on the QB. Everything else went how it's supposed to in that situation except Trevor stepping into the throw and delivering it where ratley had a chance. Too many times Trevor throws off his back foot. He's not a great or even good passer. That's kinda it in a nutshell. The 3 plays before that one were the head scratchers.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Trevor underthrew where Ratley was, but I got the sense that Ratley ran further than the route was supposed to go. You could see TK biting his tongue when he wanted to say Ratley ran a bad route and instead he took some ownership of it.

But again, you should have Kirk or Reynolds on that route. Not the guy who literally had as many catches all year as The Ghost had in that game.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
I do love Sezer's self-awareness: "Football's not who I am, it's what I've done."

I think that's as much a reflection of Trevor Knight's leadership this season as it is an indication that Alex has his head screwed on right. Glad to see us bringing fine young men through this program.
sharpdressedman
Sumlin was buried in BS when that presser ended. I
Eliminatus
AG
I call BS on that. Ratley had a shot on that ball but it was horrible thrown. That wasn't a pure blind route run. It was a longer developed play. Trevor had eyes on him and the time to judge. It is up to the QB on plays like that to put the ball where it needs to go. Not on the runner to be where the ball is supposed to be.

The ball was thrown several feet behind Ratley and low. There is some nice slowmo footage of it. Just another miss thrown ball by a QB who has a history of doing so.
StayPuft
AG
coastsrs said:

"We're not where we want to be" -ks

No sh*t. It's year 5.
I would like to know, where the hell does Sumlin want or expect to be? What the hell does he communicate to his team? Does he even set goals for them? What has he done differently himself to improve? I'm so fed up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.