Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

So if UCLA punches us in the mouth

10,302 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Wade_3
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season over?
ottc777
we punch back millennial.
swc93
AG
We will rape their horses and ride off on their women!

chipotle
quote:
Season over?

No, because if we lose then UCLA will be the greatest team in history...for 6 weeks. And then they'll start losing and we'll start losing more and we'll be back to knowing we suck.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Spit the blood out and ask Sumlin what he had to do to right the ship, then wait for the arrogant answer!
PJYoung
AG
quote:
Season over?

Probably but the great thing about sports is you never know.

Hell, there's a chance we could lose to them in week one and meet them again in the playoffs.

Crazier things have happened in college football and we were a hair away from doing something almost as amazing in 2012.
fightinag
quote:
quote:
Season over?

No, because we lose then UCLA will be the greatest team in history...for 6 weeks. And then they'll start losing and we'll start losing more and we'll be back to knowing we suck.

but .......WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
AGinHI
AG
August 31, 1998

Loss to Florida State 14-23

All in all it was a pretty good year.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I bet we just sit there in the stands and watch the season unfold.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Not necessarily. We have a new QB and an new starters at O Line. UCLA is a good program and should have a good year.
IamGroot
AG
quote:

too funny... or is it true?
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
we punch back millennial.

LOL. Too old for that nonsense. Most millenials haven't sat through enough bad Aggie football yet.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Season over is correct. Losing your non con opener against a decent team and going 4-4 in the sec puts us in the music city Liberty auto bowl again. To me, that's yet another lost season.
CoolAggie
AG
quote:
Season over is correct. Losing your non con opener against a decent team and going 4-4 in the sec puts us in the music city Liberty auto bowl again. To me, that's yet another lost season.
If we go 4-4 in SEC it doesn't matter if we win or lose this game, Sumlin will either be fired or he'll be down to his 9th life next season.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I would say millennials have only witnessed only one truly good football season, older people have experienced much more success
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Lost to a better Florida team in 2012 and went on to almost win the conference. The difference here is that this game has no affect on our conference finish.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Lost to a better Florida team in 2012 and went on to almost win the conference. The difference here is that this game has no affect on our conference finish.

It matters if you have eyes on bigger targets.
AGAZ03
AG
quote:

Don't forget to prune the hedges as well.

Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Season over?

No, because we lose then UCLA will be the greatest team in history...for 6 weeks. And then they'll start losing and we'll start losing more and we'll be back to knowing we suck.

I have no doubt you sips have been saying that for two years.... oh and don't forget the "We're young" excuse.

PJYoung
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't think the SEC champ will get into the playoff?
PFlat
AG
quote:
quote:
If we go 4-4 in SEC it doesn't matter if we win or lose this game, Sumlin will either be fired or he'll be down to his 9th life next season.
haha! you wish.
6-6 he gets fired. anything better and he stays.
PFlat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Season over?

I have no doubt you sips have been saying that for two years.... oh and don't forget the "We're young" excuse.

how about "wait til Mazzone has his players"?
jwal
I expect Coach Chavis and the defense to stand up and punch them back - a little harder.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Not that I want to be out-scored on Saturday, but it could be a blessing for the remainder of the season. Losing can toughen you up, show you where you need to improve, all that stuff. And we all know that those big blow-out game one victories that we've had in recent seasons have not exactly led to great finishes ...

Remember 1998, opens with a loss to Florida State, followed by what, 10 straight wins before that silly loss to the nutless bovines (watered-down field conspiracy theory, questionable defensive play calling), then win the conference against KState and look like garbage for 3+ quarters against Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.

Remember 2012, open with a narrow loss to Florida, another game with some questionable coaching decisions (icing the kicker, if I recall), win several before another narrow conference loss to the swamp kitties, then win everything else to close out the best year A&M has had since 1992 (12-1)
Tobias Funke
AG
Losing your season opener is never a blessing
The Debt
quote:
quote:

too funny... or is it true?

damn millenial
amercer
AG
If we lose at least we won't have to hear about how overrated we are, and that the collapse is coming like the last two years...
AustinAg2K
They'll get a 15 yard penalty and an ejection. Probably a suspension for next week too.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:

Other than UF, I'm haunted by memories of Utah and Arkansas State...

Weren't those recent noncon openers that we ish the bed for?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Our only really "good" season under Sumlin started with a loss and that Florida team wasn't expected to be as good as this UCLA team is (though they ended up better than we knew).
sshm
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If somehow we won the SEC with a loss to UCLA, the answer would be no if we didn't go 8-0 in conference.

10-2 with a non-conference loss isn't going to do it. Same thing happened to Stanford last year.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If somehow we won the SEC with a loss to UCLA, the answer would be no if we didn't go 8-0 in conference.

10-2 with a non-conference loss isn't going to do it. Same thing happened to Stanford last year.

And Stanford doesn't play in the SEC. Bad example.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
If losing on Saturday gets these player's attention in such a way that they expend more effort and lose no more of the remaining games, then I would consider that a blessing. No, I am not suggesting the Ags go out and lose - I think they will win a fairly close game - but look at how the last two years went. Opening 5-0, those teams seemed to think they were awesome then got punched in the face to finish fairly miserably.
Demo_Slug
AG
UCLA has a lot of talent. Just like all the SEC teams we play.

But they are not arky, lsu, bama, ole miss or even auburn. They are built different. UCLA can't jam it down our throut.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
If we lose to ucla Sumlin is gone!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.