Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh Walker arrested

63,320 Views | 322 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by blumpkin
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes it was?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
"Kick him off the team".....

Maybe this will be how it plays out, but who can say at this point?

It never ceases to amaze me how people form strong opinions on literally no information.
no better than a Baylor apologist.
Punked Shank
AG
quote:
He must be suspended from all organized team activities and games until we have an outcome on the charges. Sumlin must adopt a zero tolerance policy on this type of nonsense IMO.

He's already suspended, so...
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
quote:

It never ceases to amaze me how people form strong opinions on literally no information.

Suspend immediately. Investigate. If investigation reveals reason to kick player off team, then kick player of team.

That's worlds better than a Baylor apologist, and exactly how things like this should play out.

Not sure why some think doing any sort of investigation is akin to Baylor's sweeping things under the rug.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

Not really. Jumping to conclusions based on little to no information is just being ignorant. Chances are, this ends badly for Walker and he's off the team, but there's not enough known publicly about what happened to draw a definitive conclusion.
85AustinAg
AG
rpm - seperate the crime from the way that the crime was dealt with. Both crimes are horrible. Baylor covered it up, denied it, lied about it and tried to hide it. This is being handled the right way. At some point we will have a sexual abuse case against an A&M athlete (hope not but statistically is likely) - the question is how do you deal with it?
fireinthehole
Lots of spec here without facts or at least all the facts. There are a number of possibilities here. Let it play out.
Sex Panther
AG
ahlongslide
AG
quote:
Yes it was?

It was a lame joke. Extremely lame.
Amazing Moves
nm

sigh
always gig em
AG
Per espn hit the girlfriend. Also suspended indefinitely per A&M policy and wasn't expected to play much this year.
always gig em
AG
And apparently didn't hang up the phone right away when calling 911 and dispatcher heard most of it.
Mojave
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why do we have so many of these incidents year after year?! And so often at a huge position of need where the kid could have made a big impact on the team. I can't comprehend how anyone with that kind of opportunity in front of them could be so mindless. And it continues to happen at A&Mfirst
so many of what incidents. Sumlin has done a good job since the golden-claiborne era of keeping his players out the news. Second, to walk around with this holier than thou attitude that young people are not suppose to get into trouble at any time in their lives shows you live in a fantasy world, and when you have 85 players on a team, means everyday there is a chance that during the course of a 365 day year, you have to hope not 1 incident occurs out of 31000 opportunities. Get real
I don't live in a "fantasy world." I'm 53 years old and never got arrested. Somewhere significantly north of 99% of the people I've known in my life have never been arrested or accused of a crime. Many many millions of people live their entire lives without ever having problems like this.
How about fostering a culture that encourages individuals with special talents and opportunities that most people will never have, including me, to at least try to live to a higher standard? These are the folks that could really make a positive impact of society as well as live a better life than a vast majority of the rest of us.
When we all see this as a "fantasy world" we will all certainly fail. I agree with due-process and getting the whole story but if & when it's shown the guy did wrong, get rid of him. I hope he is vindicated but if not, I'd rather give someone else a chance than continually giving second chances to losers. Nobody will ever learn accountability that way.
Don't be Baylor
you don't consider a young man attending college, and trying to provide a future for his family as someone who is trying to live to a higher standard? The fact that you have never been arrested or any of your circle of friends have been is irrelevant. Sumlin's job is to help the young men who come through that program obtain the degree he promise his parents, he would help them to do. It is not, at the first sign of trouble to abandon a young man who makes a poor choice in the heat of passion and comes into contact with the law. Calling someone a loser who is attending college, trying to compare pushing someone down as the same thing as rape, claiming someone is continually giving 2nd chances when they have not been in trouble before, shows more about what type of person you are.
Perhaps I was not clear. Perhaps you didn't read what I posted or are incapable of comprehending. I wrote " I hope he is vindicated but if not, I'd rather give someone else a chance than continually giving second chances to losers." I felt I was clear in my feeling that due process should be followed. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I did not call him a loser. So let me try again. IF HE IS VINDICATED he should not be punished. If he is guilty, he is a loser and he should not be on our team or in our school. You want to keep giving second chances to low-lifes in our over-entitled society, go ahead. But don't complain about any lack of accountability. Zero tolerance to any man that hits any woman or child IF THAT IS INDEED WHAT HE DID.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Per espn hit the girlfriend. Also suspended indefinitely per A&M policy and wasn't expected to play much this year.

Lol. That's rich.
NumberEinAg
AG
Every program is going to have guys that do stupid stuff. Young kids do stupid things sometimes. THAT'S not what defines the program!! It's how you deal with it that defines the character of the program. Coach Sumlin handles these situations correctly IMO, Baylor has consistently NOT handled them correctly. That's the difference.
marble rye
AG
Fine. I'll be the one to say it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the gf had instigated and was yelling and hitting him and he was pushing her off.

Women love drama and know that they won't get hit. And if they do, they cry foul about it and the man gets crucified.
95_Aggie
AG
You should keep your trolling on the general board.
FW Declerk
quote:
quote:
quote:
Come on you idiots. Don't be like Gaylor fans. The dude hit his girlfriend. There's no place for that here. Don't make excuses for him or try to justify it.
Hi Bro. Why don't you go back to your home board (sh****texas or land thieves) and troll there?

LOL GOOD ONE. Moron.
bro is seabass hth
marble rye
AG
quote:

Not a troll. I sincerely believe that women create these situations 85% of the time.
FW Declerk
quote:
95_Aggie
AG
You would fit right in at Baylor. Never hit a woman.
marble rye
AG
quote:
You would fit right in at Baylor

That's cute. Since you're so upset, you must know what happened. Enlighten us then.
95_Aggie
AG
Glad you liked it.
marble rye
AG
So he did hit her or it was a push? Waiting for you to tell us what really happened.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Since you're so upset, you must know what happened
Never hit or violently push a woman.
marble rye
AG
So now it was a violent push? Can you post your spy cam video for us? You seem so sure to know what he did.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Come on you idiots. Don't be like Gaylor fans. The dude hit his girlfriend. There's no place for that here. Don't make excuses for him or try to justify it.
Hi Bro. Why don't you go back to your home board (sh****texas or land thieves) and troll there?

LOL GOOD ONE. Moron.
bro is seabass hth

No, he's another former poster(s).
AgsLv44
AG
Obviously I don't have first hand knowledge of his character, but from everything I have read about Josh in the past he seemed like a really great young man. I seem to recall his high school HC speaking very highly of him as being one of the guys others looked up to. Josh often looking out for others & helping them stay on track or get back on track. Very sad situation for all involved.
Aggielandma12
AG
The Anchor
AG
quote:
quote:

Never is a strong word. I'm not excusing his behavior, but we have no idea if she was assaulting him. If she was he absolutely has the right to defend himself. However, I doubt that was the case.
technoviking
AG
quote:
quote:
this right here.

poovey you're an embarassment if you truly aren't a troll. and if you are a troll... you're still an embarassment.
marble rye
AG
Good grief. Let's all jump up and down and burn things before anyone knows what and why it happened. IDGAS what you think.
technoviking
AG
quote:
So he did hit her or it was a push? Waiting for you to tell us what really happened.
"Walker failed to hang up the call, and the 911 dispatcher could hear a woman crying and telling someone to "get off of her." There were also "sounds of hitting" and "sounds of struggle," according to the dispatcher, before the call was disconnected."

link
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm tired of hearing this. If a woman hits or attacks me, I will give warning, and if it continues, I will defend myself until I can escape the situation. The "never hit a woman under any circumstances" people are the reason some women go after men and then play victim when he defends himself. It's not different than any other type of misbehavior. If there aren't consequences to the action, the action won't change.
marble rye
AG
Yes that absolutely confirms it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.