Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

5 Star Coming to BBQ?

28,853 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
AZRAEL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
IThe only '5 stars' that we've offered are Browning, Hines, and Moses so I'm guessing Hines commits to the BBQ instead of UTL
Hines was attending, but he is not anymore. He is going to the Texas Under the Lights camp. He is also a 4 star, even though he is the top ILB.

Most recruiting experts have Moses going to LSU, a few have Bama in there, not a single one has us in the mix, so not sure that is realistic.

We do have some people thinking we have a shot at Browning, or at least they are picking him to come to the Ags. Sometimes I think they go against the grain on their picks, just to see if they get lucky and can claim they knew something another did not.
Nope, he is coming on Sunday.
You are correct about Sunday, but he is not attending the BBQ and is instead attending the Texas Under the Lights Camp tomorrow. Always good to make sure you read everything correctly. My post was in response to someone thinking he may be at the BBQ (also the thread topic) instead of UTL...nice try though.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
Have THE SALT LICK do the bbq and we'll be able to get anyone to commit
If we want to show the recruits what the most overrated bbq in the state tastes like, then we should definitely have them cater.
85AustinAg
AG
^ yup. Fightinag must be a sip.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
quote:
If we want to show the recruits what the most overrated bbq in the state tastes like, then we should definitely have them cater.
And the derail is on.

cbates85
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
IThe only '5 stars' that we've offered are Browning, Hines, and Moses so I'm guessing Hines commits to the BBQ instead of UTL
Hines was attending, but he is not anymore. He is going to the Texas Under the Lights camp. He is also a 4 star, even though he is the top ILB.

Most recruiting experts have Moses going to LSU, a few have Bama in there, not a single one has us in the mix, so not sure that is realistic.

We do have some people thinking we have a shot at Browning, or at least they are picking him to come to the Ags. Sometimes I think they go against the grain on their picks, just to see if they get lucky and can claim they knew something another did not.
Nope, he is coming on Sunday.
You are correct about Sunday, but he is not attending the BBQ and is instead attending the Texas Under the Lights Camp tomorrow. Always good to make sure you read everything correctly. My post was in response to someone thinking he may be at the BBQ (also the thread topic) instead of UTL...nice try though.
Nice try though? I literally bolded the Texas under the lights camp part. Don't be a ****. I read everything you wrote.
AZRAEL
AG
Lol, I felt you were rude first with your emphatic "Nope..." and you were wrong, hence the "nice try though." What you bolded in my post is correct, he is not attending the BBQ on Saturday and is instead going to Under The Lights. He is then coming for an unofficial on Sunday, not sure how else to explain that, but it appears you are still missing the fact he will not be at the BBQ (which is the topic).

Anyway, have a good weekend.
Signel
AG
You are so wrong.... get learned son...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
Doesn't coach Price just grill up a bunch of meat? No actual BBQ if I recall correctly.

Not saying steaks and other fine carnivore delights are a bad thing.
barbecue
brbkyoo/
noun
a meal or gathering at which meat, fish, or other food is cooked out of doors on a rack over an open fire or on a portable grill.

Maybe that's what barbecue is. But BBQ is way different.
cbates85
quote:
Lol, I felt you were rude first with your emphatic "Nope..." and you were wrong, hence the "nice try though." What you bolded in my post is correct, he is not attending the BBQ on Saturday and is instead going to Under The Lights. He is then coming for an unofficial on Sunday, not sure how else to explain that, but it appears you are still missing the fact he will not be at the BBQ (which is the topic).

No, I clearly know he's not gonna be at the BBQ. Saying "Nope" is not rude in anyway.
AZRAEL
AG
Cheers, but it is rude in certain context.
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
Doesn't coach Price just grill up a bunch of meat? No actual BBQ if I recall correctly.

Not saying steaks and other fine carnivore delights are a bad thing.
barbecue
brbkyoo/
noun
a meal or gathering at which meat, fish, or other food is cooked out of doors on a rack over an open fire or on a portable grill.
You from California or Australia?
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

No, I clearly know he's not gonna be at the BBQ. Saying "Nope" is not rude in anyway.

You said "anyway" when I think you meant "any way".

Fail again. And "nope" can be rude. I tell my kids it's rude in certain circumstances, generally like the way you used it.

Fail #3. Wanna keep trying?
retribution_ag
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fail again. And "nope" can be rude. I tell my kids it's rude in certain circumstances, generally like the way you used it.

I agree here with Lat. cbates was rude and should apologize. I have made my ruling.

cbates85
quote:
quote:
quote:

Get over yourself. You fail miserably on all your posts.
suburban cowboy
AG
Anthony Hines?
AgsLv44
AG
IceCream with the scoop?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Or is it just fudge?
retribution_ag
I ask for calm!! Calm my younglings!!!

Let us pledge to be civil going forward with new discussions.

SUCH SPLENDOR!!!
cbates85
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree here with Lat. cbates was rude and should apologize. I have made my ruling.

Bonfire96
AG
I haven't searched to see if it's already posted, but one of the funniest moments at last night's Coach's Night in Fort Worth, was when Will Johnson asked Mazzone what does he do for the offensive players (comparing Chief having a BBQ for the defense). He said, "we go on wine tours."

This was in response to him moving from CA to Texas, and a lady "mistakenly" bid $5000 on a Napa Valley wine tour, that no one else bid against her. Everyone got a good laugh, she blew $5k.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
I haven't searched to see if it's already posted, but one of the funniest moments at last night's Coach's Night in Fort Worth, was when Will Johnson asked Mazzone what does he do for the offensive players (comparing Chief having a BBQ for the defense). He said, "we go on wine tours."

This was in response to him moving from CA to Texas, and a lady "mistakenly" bid $5000 on a Napa Valley wine tour, that no one else bid against her. Everyone got a good laugh, she blew $5k.

Her husband:

?w=640
Red Skye
AG
quote:

Naw, the correct answer is Franklin's.
Oilfield Aggie12
Sixers_Fan
AG
read my bio silly
1, 2, 3-4-5 Sixers!
Creator of the Rojo Meme Workflow
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
read my bio silly
Well that sure explains a lot... also, as what I assume to be a grown man, don't ever call someone silly as an insult.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Silly isn't an insult, familia. I just don't take myself seriously as an obviously northern anonymous user on a forum full of some whacko southern elitists.
fightinag
quote:
quote:

Talk about OVER RATED.......FRANKLINS !
Ill bring some bbq from Luling City Market and we'll get all the commits we want !
The Collective
AG
So, was it a good event or not?
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Silly isn't an insult, familia. I just don't take myself seriously as an obviously northern anonymous user on a forum full of some whacko southern elitists.
With the emoji you used it with it had a serious undertone. See what I did here?
Mike Elko
AG
Where are all the "Yessirs" we're supposedly getting?!
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Where are all the "Yessirs" we're supposedly getting?!
They're silent "Yessirs".
Red Skye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ill bring some bbq from Luling City Market and we'll get all the commits we want !

I see, you just don't like standing in lines. I've eaten a lot of BBQ around the Austin/Lockhart area and the only brisket that comes close to Franklin's that I've had is La BBQ. Haven't been to Luling, though.
GreatSullysGhost
A five star committed to good bbq? Solid work by our culinary recruitment team.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Wow, lots of hurt feelings and demands for apologies on this thread. Must not be friends of the Mod's or positions the Mod's take, otherwise banning would have occurred!
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I see you've never been to Franklin's?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.