Story Poster
Sumlin & Petrino
A&M Coordinators
UL Coordinators
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M, Louisville coaches break down 2015 Music City Bowl

December 29, 2015

On Tuesday Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin, Louisville coach Bobby Petrino, Aggies coordinators Jake Spavital and John Chavis and Cardinals coordinators asdf sat down with the media to discuss a 2015 Music City Bowl with a host of storylines.

Notes from the press conference...

Kevin Sumlin

• Our team has had a fabulous time in Nashville. City has been a wonderful host. Excited to be here, facing quality opponent in UL.

• UL has been red hot down the stretch and has lost a few close games to very quality opponents. They've gotten better every week.
4 retweets 1 like

• [Hubenak] came to Texas A&M late, after we had highly recruited guys. He understood where he was and the challenges ahead of him.

• He's approached the process a little differently than some other players. Because of that, he's been able to handle things better.

• Speedy Noil will not play in this game (suspension).

• First thing that jumps out to you is the guys up front are big and physical. They run well as a D and play extremely hard.

• [Lamar Jackson] can change the game [with speed]. He basically took over the [Kentucky] game and ran away from a bunch of people.

• Drew Kaser has been fabulous. To not be invited for the Ray Guy Award was a mistake. Has a chance to set NCAA punting record.

• No offense but I hope [Kaser] doesn't have to play a lot. But if he has to, we've got a good one.

• We've gotten better [on defense] as year has gone along. Familiarity over the course of the year has helped. That should continue.

• Hindsight is 20-20 [with QB situation]. You'll always reevaluate how you do things. We've already looked at that. We'll [move on].

• I don't think Jake [Hubenak] is thinking beyond tomorrow. For all of the young guys, it's a chance to start next year off right.

John Chavis

• Good preparation in College Station and here. Been able to add to what we do on D. Pleased with players and their prep.

• Have to prepare for a lot [against UL]. 3 different QBs that are all a lot different. [Jackson] is a good runner and can throw ball.

• We got a little bit better on defense this year, but I know we can win championships at Texas A&M. I know we can.

Jake Spavital

• [Hubenak] was 5A player of year [in HS]. Transferred from OSU and went to Blinn. 4,000 yards in 8 JUCO games. We fell upon him.

• [Hubenak] has prepared to be the starter since the day he got here. I'm excited to see him go out there tomorrow.

• Hubenak is one of the more experienced guys in my room. He knows how to command the offense. Now getting a lot more reps.
Discussion from...

8,827 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TRD-Ferguson
TexAgs Studios
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
dreyOO
Love Chief.

And Spavital needs to realize he sounds like an idiot when he refers to 20yr old players as kids when he's barely hit 30.
Outlaw0206
AG
Chief always gets me so damn fired up!
runontexas
AG
Why didn't sumlin just mention this earlier?

MaroonGoons2020
AG
quote:
Why didn't sumlin just mention this earlier?

Because he doesn't have to make you or any of the media happy. His job is to give the opposing team more players to prepare for. Whether it's trivial or not that's for him to decide.
FriendlyAg
quote:
And Spavital needs to realize he sounds like an idiot when he refers to 20yr old players as kids when he's barely hit 30.
Why do y'all care so much about this? It's the biggest non-issue out there.
dreyOO
It's a non issue. Agreed.

He still sounds like an idiot when he says it. But of course, he's never struck me as a smart guy. Par for the course.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Never seen a staff take the momentum we had from 2012 and gleefully watch as it slips down the damn drain.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.