Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If you had to change your team affiliation

11,053 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Gig em G
Hu11abaloo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm partial to Houston, Clemson, Michigan and Virginia Tech for all the same reasons as above. If I could just pick one myself with no previous associations... Would probably still be Clemson actually.
bero88
Some of mine would be Florida, Penn St., Ok State, USC, Oregon, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama,
CentexAg
AG
quote:
Montana St. ski after class every day.

X2
SoCalAg97
AG
dp
SoCalAg97
AG
quote:
I don't base my love for A&M on a game played by young men or young women. I still wear my ring proudly and will for the rest of my life. A&M changed me in a way no other school could have done.

So, I'll stay what and who I am.
i bet you're fun at parties
ClassOf17
Harvard, duh
aggdawg1
I have always been a big UGA fan (i am from Athens)... this has been a really disappointing few years.

My wife told me last week that I should find a new team to root for. She tells me she has herd that Alabama has a good team.... thanks babe......
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Purdue. They're like the TAMU of the Midwest. And my wife got her first degree there.
cuppycup
AG
Iowa
CivilAg_18
AG
My whole family is from Lousianna and are pretty big tiger fans. I grew up in purple and gold until I fell in love with maroon and white learning about the traditions on campus tour. Now I ****ing hate LSU which kind of makes thanksgiving awkward with the fam
Frisco - Ag
AG
navy
lsu
smu
GigEmMortis
AG
quote:
Probably none. But if I was forced to make a decision, probably Penn State. Always loved the simplicity of the uniforms, the consistency of the program, and Joe Paterno. Sad how that whole thing went down.

Have you met JerryAg? Y'all would get along great.
JerryAg5.0
quote:
quote:
Probably none. But if I was forced to make a decision, probably Penn State. Always loved the simplicity of the uniforms, the consistency of the program, and Joe Paterno. Sad how that whole thing went down.

Have you met JerryAg? Y'all would get along great.

I too am an avid fan of PSU. Would love to get your insight on the Jerry ordeal. I hear he's loving prison
DadAG10
quote:
Notre Dame

Irish and Catholic here.

Was the first truly big sports event I ever attended. 1978 vs Tennessee in South Bend. Joe Namath as QB and ND won 31-14. My dad scalped tickets and we sat in the Tennessee student section in our ND gear.

So you were drinking that day?

Or were you misremembering?
bigfoot10s
AG
I have always enjoyed the fans from Ok State, so I would probably be a Poke fan
runontexas
AG
I cheer for UofH and UTSA
dragonslayer
AG
Michigan State because they are the Texas A&M of Michigan!

&

TCU - grandma graduated from there and their football games are much less stressful than ours.
CivilAg_18
AG
Waiting for some troll to say Texas and then watching the reaction...
MaroonStain
AG
Texas...and not eveh eveh eveh
BaileyAg
AG
Always liked Auburn.
bigdad
AG
Rutgers, oldest college football rivalry...and now in the Big 10!
runontexas
AG
DumbFk
94chem
Rice - the excitement of making a bowl game, of battling overmatched against the big boys, local.
Va Tech - Blacksburg, polymer science
MaroonStain
AG
Gotcha!
MaroonStain
AG
I would have to go:
- Michigan State
- Wisconsion
- UCLA
- Arizona State
- Auburn/LSU
FCBlitz
Michigan or Michigan St.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Ole Miss....child attended...easy to like, they are where I wish our program was..."on the way up"....Oh ,and did I mention their women..
This. If my sons are not able to get in to TAMU I will steer them towards Ole Miss as choice #2. It looks like a lot of fun. Then probably Arizona State, Auburn, or Florida.
HECUBUS
AG
None.

When I moved out of Houston, I was free of affiliation with any Professional sports and stayed that way. Truth is, I'm not a football or basketball fan.

I can now enjoy any MLB baseball game without the burden of caring about the name on a jersey. ATM is the only football and basketball that I follow.
dirty dan
quote:
Notre Dame

Irish and Catholic here.

Was the first truly big sports event I ever attended. 1978 vs Tennessee in South Bend. Joe Namath as QB and ND won 31-14. My dad scalped tickets and we sat in the Tennessee student section in our ND gear.

Uhhh, Namath didn't play for Notre Dame or Tennessee...
BombayAg
Northwestern.
TKingGill
AG
Alabama

Every family member on my mother's side is an Alabama graduate; cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, everyone. My father never went to college so Alabama was the only team talked about growing up. My first college football game was in Bryant-Denny, my first jersey was that of Freddie Kitchens, and I was allowed to apply to any college so long as Alabama was applied to first.
Motel California
S
Blinn
45-70Ag
AG
Grew up in the Midwest

Maybe notre dame and Michigan state
Mr. White
LSU
Army
Clemson
JuliusCaesarAggie
quote:
Yale. **** athletics. You beat us on the field, we'll raise your ****ing taxes, send you to prison, or have you knocked off.
looks like aTm2004 was part of the whole "Yale thing."
-----------------------------------------------------------

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.